Author Topic: [PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.54)  (Read 491595 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.36)
« Reply #575 on: 2014-09-06 14:34:12 »
C:\Users\Erik\AppData\Roaming\7thWorkshop

Close 7th Heaven. Go to the above path, where Erik is instead the name of your user when you login to Windows. Delete everything in the 7thWorkshop folder and open 7th Heaven. You will need to put in all your settings again.

Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2014-09-06 15:48:32 »
C:\Users\Erik\AppData\Roaming\7thWorkshop

Close 7th Heaven. Go to the above path, where Erik is instead the name of your user when you login to Windows. Delete everything in the 7thWorkshop folder and open 7th Heaven. You will need to put in all your settings again.

Ok, now I can actually launch the game (after some huge trial and error haha). But somethings look weird. Like the font (text) seems weird and the ATB was really off in some graphical error way.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-06 16:31:23 by Erik »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 2014-09-06 16:30:29 »
You don't ever use FF7_en.exe or see the launcher in this process. Those are both related to the 2012 Square Enix release, which isn't compatible with Aali's Driver. The FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe will patch all the necessary files and the game is launched directly from ff7.exe.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-06 16:32:33 by EQ2Alyza »

Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2014-09-06 16:32:00 »
You don't ever use FF7_en.exe or see the launcher in this process. The game is launched directly from ff7.exe.

Yeah I noticed that after some trial and error. See above post (which I've updated now).

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 2014-09-06 16:46:10 »
At this point, I don't know what you've done to set this up. You've mentioned a Bootleg install and FF7_en.exe, which is completely off-base with how the setup is supposed to be. Now you say you've fixed it through trial and error, but that doesn't give me any details to what you did.

Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2014-09-06 16:49:37 »
Sorry about the confusion. I was actually playing/editing and typing at the same time.

I get the game to boot and work up fine now. The only problem I have left seems related to the mod menu overhaul. It looks like this when I use it:

http://i.imgur.com/U32SHqm.png
« Last Edit: 2014-09-06 16:59:17 by Erik »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 2014-09-07 15:05:32 »
Sorry about the confusion. I was actually playing/editing and typing at the same time.

I get the game to boot and work up fine now. The only problem I have left seems related to the mod menu overhaul. It looks like this when I use it:

http://i.imgur.com/U32SHqm.png

Post your APP.LOG.

Is texture cache unchecked? What's your texture memory setting?

Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2014-09-07 17:25:04 »
The only problem I seem to have left is that the 2 menu mods won't work in the game. And there is also some settings that seems to revert each time I open up 7th Heaven and it always says it cant find the music (but I can just check VGM in the settings and then start the game with audio).

So anyways, here is the APP.Log:

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 760/PCIe/SSE2 4.4.0
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: C:\Games\FF7\data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
set music volume: 127
MIDI set volume: 127
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\FF7\data\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
INFO: slow output format from video codec h264; 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60
MIDI stop - OK
MIDI stop - OK
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
100% of 127 = 127
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
MIDI play: 6
reading midi file: MAKORO.mid
current volume: 127
MIDI is playing SUCCESSFULLY!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
MIDI play: 7
reading midi file: BAT.mid
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 322
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
UNEXPECTED: zero count
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
MIDI play: 46
reading midi file: FAN2.mid
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
MIDI cross fade: 6, time: 4
MIDI set volume trans: 127->15; step=2
MIDI set volume: 15
100% of 15 = 15
MIDI play: 6
reading midi file: MAKORO.mid
current volume: 15
MIDI set volume trans: 15->127; step=2
100% of 127 = 127
WM_CLOSE
Field Quit
MIDI stop - OK
resetting MIDI driver volume - OK
UNINITIALIZE DD

And yes, I've tried with both unchecking and checking textures and I always choose the highest possible there.
« Last Edit: 2014-09-07 18:22:28 by Covarr »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2014-09-07 18:46:55 »
What settings are reverting?

Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2014-09-07 20:12:07 »
What settings are reverting?

Well it's the settings in the OpenGLdriver config. It said that I didn't find any music folder in my FF7 folder, so I created a (empty new) folder and now I don't get that prompt but if I open up OpenGL I see that under music I need to turn VGM on. The other one seems to be the Texture Memory which shows nothing (but I'm not sure if I need it anyway).

But that shouldn't affect any menu mods in game really.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 2014-09-07 20:29:14 »
The music folder needs another subfolder in it called vgmstream. If you used FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe, it would already be there.

Texture Memory has a drop-down menu for 256, 512, 768, and 1024 and cmh175 tested it to show that increasing it can fix glitched textures, particularly those in the menus.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #586 on: 2014-09-08 13:12:15 »
I have a question about the chunk tool. Is it able to export just changes to the script in a scene, most particularly the animations used? The Red Werewolf requires a few of the animations changed in particular scenes, so I'd like to export just those changes so things like the dialogue aren't effected. Would something like this also effect other flevel changes, like changing Clouds younger model to an alternate model?

Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 2014-09-08 15:47:12 »
The music folder needs another subfolder in it called vgmstream. If you used FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe, it would already be there.

Texture Memory has a drop-down menu for 256, 512, 768, and 1024 and cmh175 tested it to show that increasing it can fix glitched textures, particularly those in the menus.

Ah ok. Oh well I look into it some more in the upcoming days. Thanks for the help anyways, much appreciated :).

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Files for the file god! Mods for the mod throne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 2014-09-08 20:47:08 »
I have a question about the chunk tool. Is it able to export just changes to the script in a scene, most particularly the animations used? The Red Werewolf requires a few of the animations changed in particular scenes, so I'd like to export just those changes so things like the dialogue aren't effected. Would something like this also effect other flevel changes, like changing Clouds younger model to an alternate model?

Each chunk contains one of the sections from the field file.

So according to the wiki, section 1 is dialogue + script. Section 3 is models + animations. If you are just changing section 3, then you will just need to include chunk 3 in your mod and it should work without changing the dialogue (another mod could change the dialogue, and that should be OK).

If you have another mod that also changes section 3 to alter models, then you have a problem, both cannot change the same section of the file at the same time.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #589 on: 2014-09-09 00:05:06 »
Each chunk contains one of the sections from the field file.

So according to the wiki, section 1 is dialogue + script. Section 3 is models + animations. If you are just changing section 3, then you will just need to include chunk 3 in your mod and it should work without changing the dialogue (another mod could change the dialogue, and that should be OK).

If you have another mod that also changes section 3 to alter models, then you have a problem, both cannot change the same section of the file at the same time.

Ok cool thanks man. Other than minor things like swapping Young Cloud there shouldn't be any issues since it's only a few field ids.

drdaylight

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 2014-09-11 05:36:46 »
Got some crashes with 7th Heaven. Maybe it's just a dumb user error or could be some kinks that needs touched up on in this great program. So I'm posting these crash logs along with the steps I took to produce these. Hopefully they're useful to whomever to fix these or for someone to tell me how much of an idiot I am  :P

Info that may be useful:
FFVII Installed in: C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII
UAC is off
Windows 8.1 - Admin Account - Took full control of Games folder before modding FF7

Crash Log:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fImportMod.ImportMod(String source, String name, Boolean iroMode, Boolean noCopy) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fImportMod.cs:line 91
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 133
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Everything was working fine. So I went ahead and downloaded (5) .iro mods (not listed under the "Catalog" tab) and stuck them inside the "...\mods\7thHeaven" folder. Unknowingly, 7th Heaven was still loaded as I stuck them inside that folder and ran 7th Heaven again. This is when I got the crash and noticed I already had 7th Heaven open. I closed out of both and tried opening 7th Heaven again to see this crash again. Can't open 7th Heaven without getting this same crash. Removing those .iro's I stuck in that folder didn't stop the crashes. I also tried removing ALL the .iro files in that folder and still got the crash. It may be worth mentioning that I had the Music and Sound mod downloading but cancelled it. It was still in the "temp" folder before all this happened.

I had trouble getting one of those .iro files imported into 7H by itself. I got it fixed myself, but could maybe another reason for this issue? The mod in question is Bloodshot's Tifa Model.

Anyway, I found a way to fix 7H from continuously crashing on me by deleting the 7thWorkshop folder in %appdata% along with the other 7th Heaven folders in the game directory and basically started over from scratch with 7H.

Found one other issue. After starting back over and downloading the mods I desired under the Catalog tab, I noticed something strange after they finished downloading. I had two of the same mods listed under the Library tab. There were three separate mods like this. One was named correctly, the other was named by its .iro file name (eg: One was: Battle Models - Enemies. The other was: cd1050af-170a-4391-9633-b0754cb043d3_Battle_Models___Enemies_1.0). Maybe from downloading too many at the same time? I had about 6-7 downloading at the same time, maybe a few of them finished around the same time and caused this issue. I don't know, just speculating. I uninstalled the ones that had them long list of numbers/letters which left the correctly named ones. Tried running the game and got crash from 7th Heaven...as I expected. I had to uninstall both for 7th Heaven to work (I didn't try to deactivate it and play) since that mod was actually fully uninstalled and the correctly named one was still activated, hence causing the crash...I would think anyway.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 2014-09-14 18:45:11 »
@Iros I can't figure out why it's doing it, but it's worth reporting. The autoupdate feature doesn't work for my laptop, but it does for my desktop. After another user reporting it not working, I had a friend test from 1.29 and she said it didn't autoupdate either. I had her try 1.34 after that, and it still didn't autoupdate.

I also am not seeing file sizes listed anymore.

Got some crashes with 7th Heaven. Maybe it's just a dumb user error or could be some kinks that needs touched up on in this great program. So I'm posting these crash logs along with the steps I took to produce these. Hopefully they're useful to whomever to fix these or for someone to tell me how much of an idiot I am  :P

Info that may be useful:
FFVII Installed in: C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII
UAC is off
Windows 8.1 - Admin Account - Took full control of Games folder before modding FF7

Crash Log:

Everything was working fine. So I went ahead and downloaded (5) .iro mods (not listed under the "Catalog" tab) and stuck them inside the "...\mods\7thHeaven" folder. Unknowingly, 7th Heaven was still loaded as I stuck them inside that folder and ran 7th Heaven again. This is when I got the crash and noticed I already had 7th Heaven open. I closed out of both and tried opening 7th Heaven again to see this crash again. Can't open 7th Heaven without getting this same crash. Removing those .iro's I stuck in that folder didn't stop the crashes. I also tried removing ALL the .iro files in that folder and still got the crash. It may be worth mentioning that I had the Music and Sound mod downloading but cancelled it. It was still in the "temp" folder before all this happened.

I had trouble getting one of those .iro files imported into 7H by itself. I got it fixed myself, but could maybe another reason for this issue? The mod in question is Bloodshot's Tifa Model.

Anyway, I found a way to fix 7H from continuously crashing on me by deleting the 7thWorkshop folder in %appdata% along with the other 7th Heaven folders in the game directory and basically started over from scratch with 7H.

Found one other issue. After starting back over and downloading the mods I desired under the Catalog tab, I noticed something strange after they finished downloading. I had two of the same mods listed under the Library tab. There were three separate mods like this. One was named correctly, the other was named by its .iro file name (eg: One was: Battle Models - Enemies. The other was: cd1050af-170a-4391-9633-b0754cb043d3_Battle_Models___Enemies_1.0). Maybe from downloading too many at the same time? I had about 6-7 downloading at the same time, maybe a few of them finished around the same time and caused this issue. I don't know, just speculating. I uninstalled the ones that had them long list of numbers/letters which left the correctly named ones. Tried running the game and got crash from 7th Heaven...as I expected. I had to uninstall both for 7th Heaven to work (I didn't try to deactivate it and play) since that mod was actually fully uninstalled and the correctly named one was still activated, hence causing the crash...I would think anyway.

So you downloaded IRO mods from somewhere here at Qhimm and copy/pasted them into ...mods/7thHeaven? That's not how it works. You need to use the import button in 7H to install it. Before you do that, go to Workshop --> Settings and set up your folders. I would suggest C:\Games\Final Fantasy\mods\7th Heaven for your Library Location. 7H doesn't create folder locations, so make sure it exists before launching the game or it will crash. You are probably seeing it listed with the ID tags in 7H because you copy/pasted them. To uninstall a mod, right-click the Installed button and choose to Uninstall.

drdaylight

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 2014-09-14 23:30:54 »
So you downloaded IRO mods from somewhere here at Qhimm and copy/pasted them into ...mods/7thHeaven? That's not how it works. You need to use the import button in 7H to install it. Before you do that, go to Workshop --> Settings and set up your folders. I would suggest C:\Games\Final Fantasy\mods\7th Heaven for your Library Location.

I knew that haha. I figured I'd be able to store the .iro files in that same folder. I didn't expect 7th Heaven to assume that the .iro files I stuck in there were mods that it had already installed. I just wanted to keep all the .iro files in one place so I didn't have two folders with iro's. That way I would've been able to find w/e a lot easier. I'm kind of a neat freak with files on my PC. I try to keep everything organized and together.

7H doesn't create folder locations, so make sure it exists before launching the game or it will crash. You are probably seeing it listed with the ID tags in 7H because you copy/pasted them. To uninstall a mod, right-click the Installed button and choose to Uninstall.

You're probably right. It was late and I was tired when I was trying to setup 7H again. I was pasting the ones I downloaded previously back into that folder hoping I wouldn't have to download/import all the mods again. I probably didn't remove them all before giving up and just re-downloading them.

Anyway, I got everything setup correctly and running well the day after I made that post. Thanks for the reply! I'll know now not to make these mistakes again  :oops:
« Last Edit: 2014-09-14 23:32:54 by drdaylight »

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 2014-09-16 18:48:12 »
@Iros I can't figure out why it's doing it, but it's worth reporting. The autoupdate feature doesn't work for my laptop, but it does for my desktop. After another user reporting it not working, I had a friend test from 1.29 and she said it didn't autoupdate either. I had her try 1.34 after that, and it still didn't autoupdate.

I also am not seeing file sizes listed anymore.

Hmm :/  OK, I think I will have to add some logging in so we can figure out exactly what is happening with the auto update.

File sizes look to display OK for me - you are running v1.36, yes? (They will only display in the Catalog tab - it doesn't bother in Library, I expect it is mainly download size people care about and if it is in your library, it has already downloaded!)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 2014-09-17 02:33:46 »
Yep, running 1.36 and the display for file sizes in the catalog tab are gone. They don't display on my laptop, desktop, or my friend's desktop.

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 2014-09-17 10:02:02 »
Huh. What catalog/subscription link are you using? I'm not sure why it would display for me and not other people...

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 2014-09-20 19:48:33 »
New version v1.37: https://mega.co.nz/#!3EFBnTLS!rbDeY7mnhapW_0j1K292W8ABkGVLEptyekouzS11izY

-Small speed improvements in IRO archives
-Log file operations

@EQ2Alyza: Can you update to this version, start the program, wait 30 seconds, and then send me the contents of your %APPDATA%\7thWorkshop\applog.txt file, so I can see why autoupdate doesn't work for you? Thank you.

RedManMark86

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] Mod manager - 7thHeaven (v1.37)
« Reply #597 on: 2014-09-21 06:08:24 »
Mine has also never ever autoupdated and I just checked where you said to send you my file but there is no applog, just a few .xml files

Iros

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 2014-09-21 10:18:53 »
You will need to update to v1.37 first (manually if the auto update is not working!) as this is the first version which creates that log file.

(Obviously it will not ask to update again when you run it because then you will be on the latest version! - but the log file should still have details of it trying to connect so it can check if there is a new version, this should be helpful.)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 2014-09-22 20:35:25 »
7thHeaven started: 1.37
Mega:Auto update check: found 0 nodes

That's all it reports in the applog.

Error Downloading Gameplay - Difficulty and Story Patch Test: System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventsArg

That error pops up when trying to download. What does it mean?

Can you check to see if downloads work in 1.37. I've done nothing to change the catalog, but I get that error now. Or perhaps Google changed something or has a bandwidth limit. I've never been able to get MEGA downloads to work, so I'd appreciate your help on how to format its links in the catalog xml.

Catalog being used: iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=yhR721Kh
« Last Edit: 2014-09-24 02:28:06 by EQ2Alyza »