Author Topic: (WIP) Final Fantasy VII Climhazzard (PSX Version) King Bomb & Carrot Vids added!  (Read 208987 times)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
I have no idea what any of you people are talking about. Is this something to do with getting a modded KERNEL working on a PSP eboot?

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
I have no idea what any of you people are talking about. Is this something to do with getting a modded KERNEL working on a PSP eboot?
I don't know but I just hope I can have my 3000 series able to play this mod!

ff7rules

• View Profile
Ok I will explain, my girlfriend has a red psp 3003

To run custom psx games you need to have a few things thses are

Sony Official firmware 5.03 if this is any higher you cannot do this!

Chicken R2 tiff expolit (google is your friend)

It works as an expolit you literally just upgrade your PSP to 5.03 and then run the expolit from Photos. If the screen goes a funky green colour it has worked.

I hope this has helped people understand how it works.

-Ric-

• View Profile
well modded psx games seem to get very screwed on the psp, probably has to do with the id system... since some games that crash with their default id work just fine with a diferent one
if u want my opinion, make it work on the computer emulators/consoles only as the psp crash might be something too hard to get working properly

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Hmm, what is the progress on the Climhazzard project ff7rules?

ff7rules

• View Profile
Good question! I have finished Disc Ones bosses im just adding extra ones then i Will release it. Also I should add this version only has modded Bosses and added extra Enemys aswell as brand new weapons and chances to steal lots of good stuff from every boss very much like FF9.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Woo! Can't wait!
I wanna do anything I can to make this playable on my PSP!

ff7rules

• View Profile
Woo! Can't wait!

Well its playable im gonna do two versions one with the kernal needed one without. Expect a release very soon.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Woo! Can't wait!

Well its playable im gonna do two versions one with the kernal needed one without. Expect a release very soon.
Nice!
How soon?

ff7rules

• View Profile
Woo! Can't wait!

Nice!
How soon?

Only a few days ive just finished making a brand new boss just thinking where to put it in the game.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Ok this is taking a bit longer than i thought it would so who would like a demo? Say a battle? I will have to provide a save which might take some time unless anyone has a save near palmer.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Ok this is taking a bit longer than i thought it would so who would like a demo? Say a battle? I will have to provide a save which might take some time unless anyone has a save near palmer.
Release the demo. I don't think if I'll be able to play it on my PSP (since I don't know how that stuff works) but you should still release it that way others can express their opinion on the game so far.  :)

Aurangzeb56

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Yup i agree with drfeelgud88,since i think u should release the demo and also people can give you opinions on things too ^^

ff7rules

• View Profile
OK I know its been along time since i posted here and here's why. Ive recently got a full time job which has drained all my time to work on this project. Also just for the icing on the cake Ive moved in with my GF who is fine with me working on this she loves Final Fantasy herself. Last week I learned I am to be a Father. this is probably all my free time gone so the reason I'm posting this is because I'm looking for someone to take this on or help me finish it before I have the Kid (next year) I had disc 1 done but my hardrive died and i didn't back it up but I'm not to bothered about starting again. If anyone wants to take this on I'm willing to teach people how to do this and help anyway I can. If not ill try get as much of this done as possible before Its too late.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Well, if the timescales don't work out, you could always raise the kid as a modder. Two heads are better than one, right?

JordieBo

• View Profile
OK I know its been along time since i posted here and here's why. Ive recently got a full time job which has drained all my time to work on this project. Also just for the icing on the cake Ive moved in with my GF who is fine with me working on this she loves Final Fantasy herself. Last week I learned I am to be a Father. this is probably all my free time gone so the reason I'm posting this is because I'm looking for someone to take this on or help me finish it before I have the Kid (next year) I had disc 1 done but my hardrive died and i didn't back it up but I'm not to bothered about starting again. If anyone wants to take this on I'm willing to teach people how to do this and help anyway I can. If not ill try get as much of this done as possible before Its too late.

Sorry but I'm sure many of us here didn't see GF and think Girlfriend :L

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
I would learn but I rarely get on this site anymore.  :'(

ff7rules

• View Profile

An Update, New Camera angle, a New boss and A Extra surprise for later on.

jake_green

I doubt its possible but you could try and put in voices

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile

Are you talking about the game being fully voiced? Because that is pretty much impossible with the PSX version, unless you don't mind the ISOs being far bigger than actual CDs. Voice files take up a *lot* of space; why do you think Metal Gear Solid used two discs.

jake_green

Are you talking about the game being fully voiced? Because that is pretty much impossible with the PSX version, unless you don't mind the ISOs being far bigger than actual CDs. Voice files take up a *lot* of space; why do you think Metal Gear Solid used two discs.
as long as the iso's fit on my psp i wouldn't care, even if it means having it in parts

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
We once discussed this. The consensus was that it was theoretically possible on PC, but would be a horrific undertaking. The idea was that we could use scripted sounds to carry voices. You're not getting that to happen on PSOne, though.

Also, the ISO won't work with the PSP. It's just a Playstation emulator that expects CD ROM images. You can't just 'add' data to an iso past the 700Mb limit. There's structural and navigational data; the ISO needs to meet the, uh, ISO 9660 standard for sector data, track divisions, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Splitting the discs? I have no idea if this would be easy or not. Someone else here will have to tell you how the disc swap is initiated. I would assume in a field file, but I honestly don't know.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile

Yup, it will take a bit (assuming it was possible for the game to allow audio).  You can get decent voice compression at 64kbit/s @ 44100 hz Mono.  It will be comparable in quality to 128kbit/s stereo.  MP3 would give you very good results.  With 64kbit, 50 hours of voice would be:

(64000*60*60*50)/8 bytes =

1.44GB  You could probably get all the voice for FF7 inside 25 hours or even less.  But taking 25 hours as a rule, that would be around 1 CD of data space needed.

MGS1 took around 300 MB in total across both Cd's if my PC game is the same, which it should be.  Video, few though there were made up a large amount too.  Audio can be decent at pretty low bitrates.

« Last Edit: 2010-07-28 04:31:56 by seif »

jake_green

I just though of something, would the game work without debug mode? cause im sure a lot of space will be saved without it

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Not really. They're a few field scripts, nothing much.