Author Topic: Final Fantasy Mods - MCINDUS YouTube Channel  (Read 4805 times)

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Final Fantasy Mods - MCINDUS YouTube Channel
« on: 2014-07-19 08:59:37 »
MCINDUS YouTube Channel

I have created a channel mainly as a demonstration of the capabilities of modern FF modding, and what a hive-mind like Qhimm can accomplish over time.  This channel will be updated with mod tutorials, video demonstrations, let's play videos, walk-through's, and more!

Find it HERE and Subscribe!

I currently only have FF8 Steam videos, but I will be expanding and showcasing FF7 Mods as well over time.  I felt that this forum needed some video tutorials a long time ago, and I think this is how I will facilitate that.

I finished a new video and posted it to YouTube today that showcases ALL of the current Tonberry mods available for Final Fantasy 8 on Steam.  Watch it HERE!

The last video I showcased with Gameplay (Part 1) had some glitches in it and only had half of the actual SeeD Reborn mod in it.  After releasing SeeD Reborn v3.1,  I wanted to show what FF8 could really look like as a whole package.  Also, I figured after I posted the Tonberry Tutorial, I would try my hand at speaking over my videos.

Currently, my channel has 5 videos:

Tonberry Mod Tool Video Tutorial
FF8 Mods Gameplay on Steam [Part 1]   
(Using SeeD Alpha version)
*NEW*FF8 Mods "Let's Play" on Steam [Part 2]*NEW*   
(With FULL SeeD Reborn v3.1 release!)
Tripod DEMO - Triple Triad Overhaul/Remaster
RaW by DLPB - Music Mod DEMO

The Gameplay/Let's Play video series is using the Mods:
Project Eden, RaW, Tripod, and SeeD Reborn

As I continue my "Let's Play" videos, I will be mainly showcasing mods as they are released, but I will also be having fun!
:mrgreen:

The next 2 tutorials will be on how to use DLPB's mods:
Installing Roses and Wine
Using HextLaunch (from DLPB's Tools 2.0) to add the Difficulty (hard.dll) and other Add-on .dll's to FF8 (from THIS post)

-MCINDUS-

Also, to the community:
What would you consider the absolute BEST visual FF7 mods to be?  I want to do an 'Ultra' version of FF7 for a video series, but I'm not sure what to pick from since it's all so robust.  I will definitely be using cmh's models for this video, considering I want the visuals to be as HQ and consistent as possible - but what else should I use?
On a sidenote, I think I will also be doing a let's play of DLPB's "Reunion" R02 when it comes out, and I know some of you purists want everything as true to the original as possible, so I'm saving the unshaded models, etc for that version... Unless you guys think I should just smash it all together into one series?
« Last Edit: 2014-07-21 04:54:25 by Mcindus »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Final Fantasy Mods - MCINDUS YouTube Channel
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-19 11:21:31 »
If you plan to ever showcase N7 you should make sure you know what you're getting into.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-19 22:18:47 »
If you plan to ever showcase N7 you should make sure you know what you're getting into.

Yow!

Nightmare VII is really robust and pretty amazing.... but as far as the difficulty is concerned; you sir, are a Sadist.

I can't believe I've never tried Nightmare.  Currently it's only the first disk?  I think I would reserve a let's play for that where people actually get to hear me lose my cool as time goes on.  I hope you don't mind if my video ends with me Rage Quitting... lol
« Last Edit: 2014-07-21 04:53:55 by Mcindus »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-20 00:16:07 »
The difficulty is, at best, like 10% higher than the hardcore mod. What makes it "seem" harder is that you don't know any of the gameplay mechanics anymore. I believe it makes for a fairly nice LP but you'll have to do a decent amount of grinding off-screen and obviously tell people you did that.

I don't have that big of an opinion of the visual mods but I generally don't like the chibi field models

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #4 on: 2014-07-23 03:06:32 »
I just finished this.  It's hilarious and I had to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzIQGdwKTO8

This marks the beginnings of a beautiful relationship...
« Last Edit: 2014-07-23 06:19:27 by Covarr »

JeMaCheHi

• You can just call me J!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel :D
« Reply #5 on: 2014-07-24 21:14:46 »
Man, you have a lot of freetime hahaha.

BTW, did you receive the subs for the tonberry tutorial that I sent you?

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #6 on: 2014-07-25 06:34:02 »
Man, you have a lot of freetime hahaha.

BTW, did you receive the subs for the tonberry tutorial that I sent you?

LoL... that wasn't done in free time... that was done during insomnia time one night a few days ago...  And I'm pretty sure I'm going to use him in my series at some point.  When I made SeeD Reborn and Tripod, I had decided to devote all of my previous 'gaming time' to 'modding time' for the benefit of the community and ff8 fans.

Yes, I got the subs, I just haven't had time to put them in. I've been teaching a camp all week. Thanks again for those! :)
« Last Edit: 2014-07-25 07:02:31 by Mcindus »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #7 on: 2014-07-25 06:40:44 »
Can't remember the last time I had a peaceful sleeping time either :P