Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839651 times)

karenjr95

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9450 on: 2020-05-13 13:53:31 »
Should be in a chest in the cliff behind the Forgotten City (this screen):

/smacks head

DOH, okay, have not yet visited the City of the Ancients! Thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: 2020-05-13 15:06:17 »
Thanks to A.G. for the donation, although it was for the randomiser which is a bit busted right now.

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #9452 on: 2020-05-13 18:50:49 »
Two more questions for the mods on this channel.
  • Have summons recently been buffed? I recall that leviathan used to only buff strength and every other stat took a hit. Now it bumps several stats.
  • What's the link to donate to sega chief and the other contributors?

SeveronSylvanas

• View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: 2020-05-13 20:11:49 »
Hello

Back again with another item drop question.
Has the HypnoCrowns been removed from the hecteyes enemies? I've been trying for a couple of hours trying to steal but not a single one. Even with luck stats low and high. I can steal the other items and it morphs into the Megalixir as per the spreadsheet.
I'll keep trying to get both HypnoCrowns even if the odds are astronomically low.

If they have been removed, are there any other items thats likely to have been removed from other enemies? You did mention that the morphs got removed from the Pagoda bosses due to difficulty.

Many thanks.

otherhand

• View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: 2020-05-13 21:20:04 »
I've completed the mod! For the most part. I think... so here I'd like to both gush and squawk about some aspects of it.

Things I especially liked:
Spoiler: show

- The Dark Cave quest. Did you binge some David Lynch movies before writing this one? It was disorienting in such a good way. I loved the premise with all the confused, trippy NPCs and the bosses which were tough but never unfair, and the finale feels really unique.

- The non-linear progression in weapons and armors, and the sheer level of customization possible through the combination of materia, equips, and Mr. Smile's stat paths. (Though, I did make some mistakes on a few characters, and ended up with a nearly useless Yuffie and an Aeris that got one-shotted constantly in end game. Cid was MVP with his ultimate weapon for its self-heals.)

- All the little details throughout the game that helped the world feel more alive, like various appearances from party members with (usually) in-character dialogue.

- Cid's sidequest was an absolute laugh riot, while still being in the spirit of the game. 
"I used it to augment a giant killer dragon." 
"OK." (fight woosh) 

- Cait Sith's sidequest was a little brief, but complete gold for similar reasons. That boss is just such a ridiculous idea yet totally perfect. One of the hardest of the bunch too, but in a fun way.

- The many appearances of the XATM scorpion. In particular, the moments where it tries to tail attack with a broken tail, and where it jumps into the dragon fight in the Temple. I was getting absolutely stomped by the dragon until it arrived just in the nick of time which was awesome, plus along with the unique mechanics where I started trying to keep it healed, it was a really fun roller coaster. And finally, the last meeting in Barret's sidequest which was surprising in its own way.

- Yuffie joining early, complete with fun gang battle and no "hand me the players' guide" dialogue prompts. Awesome! And overall, her character somehow became more obnoxious and more enjoyable at the same time, which is a tough rope to walk, so serious props for it.

- Reviving Aeris, while a bit silly in the moment with Cloud freaking out, was a lot of fun. As somebody who tried doing it with cheats back in the day, I know you put a lot of effort into making sure she didn't crash the game in every other story scene - and even the extra dialogue in a lot of them. The scene discussing Holy with Bugenhagen was really nice in particular, because of the way it felt like the story had a ripple effect from her being alive.

- That Sephiroth fight, in your first visit to the North. Perfect example of "I couldn't have possibly imagined this would be here, but the moment is SO much better now that it is."

- The Planet materia! So useful. If anything, Contain was a little underwhelming to get afterwards.

- The diorama is closed.

- Junon Tournament has lots of fun bonus appearances and is fun to play through.

- The final fights with Sephiroth were rough but fair, rather than being complete pushovers like in the original.

- All the little nods to other games, like attacks, enemies, and items being renamed or brought in line with other FF games.

- The rebalanced equivalents to Ruby and Emerald, which still took advantage of their unique features but without the BS moves.

Things I didn't like:

- No "ultimate secret" or grand finale to the mod, at least not one that I found. It's not a completely necessary thing, as the mod was already amazing without it, but it felt like it was dropping hints every so often that something big and weird was coming. Ultima Weapon talks (!) and drops cryptic hints about Jenova or something. The Dark Cave incident isn't followed up on. Mr. Smile is dripping with ominous "deal with the devil" implications, but once everyone is maxed out, he just tells you to come back later.  And that weird corrupted save point thing...

- The Battle Square Special Battles. Almost everything requires some form of exploit or planned hyper-efficient abuse of mechanics, similar to the original Emerald/Ruby fights, which is fine for those who are excited for that, but they feel much more required than those because several big items are gated behind them, like materia and weapon materials. I got the other 3, but never did manage to beat Nemesis.

- Gilgamesh is awesome and that fight is great, but he takes forever to take down if you're trying to farm BP.

- Red's sidequest has a cool fight, but it felt like it was missing something. I think this would be a good opportunity to "hear the cries of the Planet" and get some trippy messages while you're in the cave, along with maybe some replaced random battles with Northern Crater-level stuff. The return to the cave could feel like part of the quest that way, instead of just a necessary backtracking to get to where the boss is.

- Cloud's sidequest was a good way to incorporate the Zack material, but the fight seemed a little bit tacked on and didn't really fit with the story. The Crisis Core references in his attacks were appreciated, though - and thanks for the save point, I never would've beaten him otherwise!

- There's a certain section of mid-late game where enemies feel completely reliant on status effects. It falls off by the very end, but it gets a little obnoxious for a while because there are no Ribbons or other ways to really defend against it or know what effects are coming except for dedicating a large chunk of a party member's materia space to Hades-AddedEffect + Esuna-All.

- I forgot to get Alexander and a couple enemy skills, so I tried to revisit the Great Glacier and the game kept locking up upon entering.

- Aeris's sidequest had a very cool fight but didn't really take advantage of the mysterious vibes of the Forgotten City. This might just be a personal preference thing, my fault for psyching myself up for some weird secrets down there, or doing something nutty with the White Materia.

- I made the mistake of trying to build Vincent as a mage, so his limits were pretty bad and he became a bit of a liability as a party member. Cait Sith felt like he was missing something too, but his stats were fine.

- But overall, don't worry too much about these things because they feel minor compared to how stellar the mod is as a whole.

SeveronSylvanas

• View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: 2020-05-13 21:33:27 »
Doh!

I'm an idiot, I didn't see Karenjr's post asking this question. to be honest I didn't think anyone else would have gotten the same problem at the same time. (I can't seem to edit my original post)
But anyhow. I did get the HypnoCrown from Cait Sith. But im guessing I wasn't supposed to?

Although you answered Karenjr's post with a location of another crown, does this mean they're no longer stealable?

SeveronSylvanas

• View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: 2020-05-13 22:51:10 »
Sorry another question.

I've updated to the latest version of NT as well as the updated ESUI mods. I can't seem to get the controller icons to appear if I'm using the FF7 Remake ESUI but I can with the standard version ESUI. Not sure if its the ESUI or NT.
Anyhow, if it is the ESUI issue, would it possible to add an option to revert back to text or should I use an older version of NT?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: 2020-05-13 23:51:57 »
Two more questions for the mods on this channel.
  • Have summons recently been buffed? I recall that leviathan used to only buff strength and every other stat took a hit. Now it bumps several stats.
  • What's the link to donate to sega chief and the other contributors?

It might be that the hext was altered, changing what Summons give. Can you tell me what Levi is buffing? Just in case it's a default set of values (in which case the .exe isn't getting patched, which isn't a serious problem but would need looking into).

Donations can be done through here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4NQDGBN7KYLLW

Hello

Back again with another item drop question.
Has the HypnoCrowns been removed from the hecteyes enemies? I've been trying for a couple of hours trying to steal but not a single one. Even with luck stats low and high. I can steal the other items and it morphs into the Megalixir as per the spreadsheet.
I'll keep trying to get both HypnoCrowns even if the odds are astronomically low.

If they have been removed, are there any other items thats likely to have been removed from other enemies? You did mention that the morphs got removed from the Pagoda bosses due to difficulty.

Many thanks.

Seems to have been removed; Hypnocrown can be acquired from  a treasure box at the back of Forgotten City (when moving up to Icicle area at start of Disc 2, in the climbing area). It's hard to keep track of all the tweaks over time, so some inconsistencies with the doc pop up.

Doh!

I'm an idiot, I didn't see Karenjr's post asking this question. to be honest I didn't think anyone else would have gotten the same problem at the same time. (I can't seem to edit my original post)
But anyhow. I did get the HypnoCrown from Cait Sith. But im guessing I wasn't supposed to?

Although you answered Karenjr's post with a location of another crown, does this mean they're no longer stealable?

I think I altered Vincent and Cait Sith's starting equipment in the .EXE for that, so it is intended. I don't know off the top of my head if Hypnocrowns can be acquired from enemies anymore. There's no search function in the enemy tools for items, etc so if it is in there somewhere I'll need to check each one individually to find it.

Sorry another question.

I've updated to the latest version of NT as well as the updated ESUI mods. I can't seem to get the controller icons to appear if I'm using the FF7 Remake ESUI but I can with the standard version ESUI. Not sure if its the ESUI or NT.
Anyhow, if it is the ESUI issue, would it possible to add an option to revert back to text or should I use an older version of NT?

I think the Remake ESUI is still pending an update but I'm not sure. If you have an older version of NT that uses text then feel free to use that one, as the changes were mostly bugfixes and the like; I have the May 9th IRO here:
https://mega.nz/file/isVCwSBb#9xQN4CAVXNrpFWekrpFmcJUWbM74G_HFn68Smay3Xt4

Left this one until last because of its length:
I've completed the mod! For the most part. I think... so here I'd like to both gush and squawk about some aspects of it.

Things I especially liked:

- The Dark Cave quest. Did you binge some David Lynch movies before writing this one? It was disorienting in such a good way. I loved the premise with all the confused, trippy NPCs and the bosses which were tough but never unfair, and the finale feels really unique.

- The non-linear progression in weapons and armors, and the sheer level of customization possible through the combination of materia, equips, and Mr. Smile's stat paths. (Though, I did make some mistakes on a few characters, and ended up with a nearly useless Yuffie and an Aeris that got one-shotted constantly in end game. Cid was MVP with his ultimate weapon for its self-heals.)

- All the little details throughout the game that helped the world feel more alive, like various appearances from party members with (usually) in-character dialogue.

- Cid's sidequest was an absolute laugh riot, while still being in the spirit of the game. 
"I used it to augment a giant killer dragon." 
"OK." (fight woosh) 

- Cait Sith's sidequest was a little brief, but complete gold for similar reasons. That boss is just such a ridiculous idea yet totally perfect. One of the hardest of the bunch too, but in a fun way.

- The many appearances of the XATM scorpion. In particular, the moments where it tries to tail attack with a broken tail, and where it jumps into the dragon fight in the Temple. I was getting absolutely stomped by the dragon until it arrived just in the nick of time which was awesome, plus along with the unique mechanics where I started trying to keep it healed, it was a really fun roller coaster. And finally, the last meeting in Barret's sidequest which was surprising in its own way.

- Yuffie joining early, complete with fun gang battle and no "hand me the players' guide" dialogue prompts. Awesome! And overall, her character somehow became more obnoxious and more enjoyable at the same time, which is a tough rope to walk, so serious props for it.

- Reviving Aeris, while a bit silly in the moment with Cloud freaking out, was a lot of fun. As somebody who tried doing it with cheats back in the day, I know you put a lot of effort into making sure she didn't crash the game in every other story scene - and even the extra dialogue in a lot of them. The scene discussing Holy with Bugenhagen was really nice in particular, because of the way it felt like the story had a ripple effect from her being alive.

- That Sephiroth fight, in your first visit to the North. Perfect example of "I couldn't have possibly imagined this would be here, but the moment is SO much better now that it is."

- The Planet materia! So useful. If anything, Contain was a little underwhelming to get afterwards.

- The diorama is closed.

- Junon Tournament has lots of fun bonus appearances and is fun to play through.

- The final fights with Sephiroth were rough but fair, rather than being complete pushovers like in the original.

- All the little nods to other games, like attacks, enemies, and items being renamed or brought in line with other FF games.

- The rebalanced equivalents to Ruby and Emerald, which still took advantage of their unique features but without the BS moves.

Things I didn't like:

- No "ultimate secret" or grand finale to the mod, at least not one that I found. It's not a completely necessary thing, as the mod was already amazing without it, but it felt like it was dropping hints every so often that something big and weird was coming. Ultima Weapon talks (!) and drops cryptic hints about Jenova or something. The Dark Cave incident isn't followed up on. Mr. Smile is dripping with ominous "deal with the devil" implications, but once everyone is maxed out, he just tells you to come back later.  And that weird corrupted save point thing...

- The Battle Square Special Battles. Almost everything requires some form of exploit or planned hyper-efficient abuse of mechanics, similar to the original Emerald/Ruby fights, which is fine for those who are excited for that, but they feel much more required than those because several big items are gated behind them, like materia and weapon materials. I got the other 3, but never did manage to beat Nemesis.

- Gilgamesh is awesome and that fight is great, but he takes forever to take down if you're trying to farm BP.

- Red's sidequest has a cool fight, but it felt like it was missing something. I think this would be a good opportunity to "hear the cries of the Planet" and get some trippy messages while you're in the cave, along with maybe some replaced random battles with Northern Crater-level stuff. The return to the cave could feel like part of the quest that way, instead of just a necessary backtracking to get to where the boss is.

- Cloud's sidequest was a good way to incorporate the Zack material, but the fight seemed a little bit tacked on and didn't really fit with the story. The Crisis Core references in his attacks were appreciated, though - and thanks for the save point, I never would've beaten him otherwise!

- There's a certain section of mid-late game where enemies feel completely reliant on status effects. It falls off by the very end, but it gets a little obnoxious for a while because there are no Ribbons or other ways to really defend against it or know what effects are coming except for dedicating a large chunk of a party member's materia space to Hades-AddedEffect + Esuna-All.

- I forgot to get Alexander and a couple enemy skills, so I tried to revisit the Great Glacier and the game kept locking up upon entering.

- Aeris's sidequest had a very cool fight but didn't really take advantage of the mysterious vibes of the Forgotten City. This might just be a personal preference thing, my fault for psyching myself up for some weird secrets down there, or doing something nutty with the White Materia.

- I made the mistake of trying to build Vincent as a mage, so his limits were pretty bad and he became a bit of a liability as a party member. Cait Sith felt like he was missing something too, but his stats were fine.

- But overall, don't worry too much about these things because they feel minor compared to how stellar the mod is as a whole.

Thanks for the positive feedback, but as ever I'm going to focus on the negatives:

Secret
-) There was going to be a specific place, time, and thing to do in order to discover a secret boss. The time condition was changed to just be the same Disc 3 unlock as the rest of the sidequests, but the rest of it is intact; play the main theme melody on the piano in Shinra Mansion (trickier due to the broken key) and then go to the Nibel Reactor to find a secret boss. Unfortunately, that boss seems to be loading an unused & broken version of it at the moment but the ID seems correct so not sure what's going on there.

Extra Battle
-) I think I recreated the FF8 and FFX super-bosses (Omega Weapon and Nemesis) as faithfully as I could, but the problem there is that they're not very sophisticated superbosses, particularly the FFX one. I'm axing them from the 2.0 build and not gating things behind superbosses next time, any superbosses added to 2.0 will just be there for the battle enthusiasts.

Special Battle
-) I guess it would get a bit tiring after the first time, I'll set it up so that after the first time it uses a different 8th battle.

Lv.4 Limit Sidequests
-) I was very pensive about adding additional story elements, so a lot of these are very 'go to X, fight Y, get Z'. Tifa's one I guess could be seen as an exception but I was thinking of Sabin's 'sidequest' in FF6 where he just kind of bumps into Duncan, they spar a bit, and then you leave with Sabin's final blitz. Cloud's one was originally a lot worse; the entire flashback itself had been removed, you got a bit of fourth-wall dialogue between the two, and then there was a fight. I reinstated the flashback at some point and then stuck the fight into a certain point.

I guess the only way to improve them is to bite the bullet and just write something up for some of them, but I'm very cautious about adding stuff that comes across as fan-fiction (also why Aeris' involvement in the story post-Disc 1 is kept to an absolute minimum and I only added what was necessary). The Dark Cave thing got abandoned halfway through its implementation (story-wise) because of that as well, and it's been removed altogether from the 2.0 build.

Status Ailments
-) Another user mentioned that recently, and it gets brought up now and then. I made several quick revisions over the last few months to bring the number down (especially status-def ignoring ones); and for 2.0, I'm keeping this in mind when speccing encounters.

Great Glacier
-) I'll check into that; which Party Leader were you using?

Vincent
-) I would have though a Magic-built Vincent would have good damage from his Limit commands, but I guess they're around 50-60 base, whereas an end-game spell would be closer to 70-100. The thing with magic in this game is that it starts out dealing heavier damage with low bases (8 compared to, say, 16 from a physical will deal more damage easier) but as Level rises, Magic starts to need bases of 100+ to keep up whereas Physicals can keep using 16-40 to deal heavy damage. Vincent's Limits have always been a bit of dilemma.

Always good to get point-by-point feedback like this, so thanks for taking the time to write it up.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: 2020-05-14 05:07:38 »
That stinks about removing Dark Cave! I hope you have something else planned in its place!

Ketsuban

• View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: 2020-05-14 11:09:02 »
I have a bit of love/hate relationship with the Dark Cave sidequest
Gonna spoiler in case someone reads this and hasn't experienced the sidequest
Really really liked the ominous and strange dialogue, however the eye blob boss and hallucination boss were a bit of a nightmare to fight (took me a long time to realize the gimmick behind eye blob, and hallucination's fantasia really f*cked me up)

since you're planning on removing it, I gotta ask, is the corpse in the dark cave where you get Mystile the "I are sick" guy from the slums and is the entire dark cave part some nightmarish feverdream of him? Or did I miss something in the dark cave sidequest itself?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: 2020-05-14 12:10:16 »
That stinks about removing Dark Cave! I hope you have something else planned in its place!

Hopefully the Game Type B playthrough will be a good replacement, it has a lot of custom event scripting in it.

I have a bit of love/hate relationship with the Dark Cave sidequest
Gonna spoiler in case someone reads this and hasn't experienced the sidequest
Really really liked the ominous and strange dialogue, however the eye blob boss and hallucination boss were a bit of a nightmare to fight (took me a long time to realize the gimmick behind eye blob, and hallucination's fantasia really f*cked me up)

since you're planning on removing it, I gotta ask, is the corpse in the dark cave where you get Mystile the "I are sick" guy from the slums and is the entire dark cave part some nightmarish feverdream of him? Or did I miss something in the dark cave sidequest itself?

Yeah it's that guy.

Thanks to K. G. for the donation, that's much appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-14 12:12:10 by Sega Chief »

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: 2020-05-14 17:18:54 »
It might be that the hext was altered, changing what Summons give. Can you tell me what Levi is buffing? Just in case it's a default set of values (in which case the .exe isn't getting patched, which isn't a serious problem but would need looking into).
Okay, looking into this I only have the before after for Fire Materia, but that is well enough:

On the December 19 2020 Installer version; Fire Materia gave the following Equip Effect:
Magic +5
Magic Def -15
Deterity +10
MaxHP -5%
MaxMP -5%

In the March 3rd 2020 release AND May 9th 2020 release (IRO versions), Fire materia has the following Equip Effect:

Vitality -3
Intellect -3
 Max MP +3%

I ALSO rewatched all the let's play's that I could find on Youtube and none of them had the Equip Effect from December 19th 2020 version, it looked more like the 2020 Equip Effect.

Thinking about rebalancing, the VIT and INT MAX effects make more sense, but I can't quite figure out how my version of the game was so much more different that others. Seriously, I just did the installer and game converter install method. Weirdness!

Here is the screenshot of the 2019 Equip Effect as well. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q-idyuNr1LuowrjzT8V-QgwFm6MUMHjE/view?usp=sharing

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: 2020-05-14 18:00:58 »
Okay, looking into this I only have the before after for Fire Materia, but that is well enough:

On the December 19 2020 Installer version; Fire Materia gave the following Equip Effect:
Magic +5
Magic Def -15
Deterity +10
MaxHP -5%
MaxMP -5%

In the March 3rd 2020 release AND May 9th 2020 release (IRO versions), Fire materia has the following Equip Effect:

Vitality -3
Intellect -3
 Max MP +3%

I ALSO rewatched all the let's play's that I could find on Youtube and none of them had the Equip Effect from December 19th 2020 version, it looked more like the 2020 Equip Effect.

Thinking about rebalancing, the VIT and INT MAX effects make more sense, but I can't quite figure out how my version of the game was so much more different that others. Seriously, I just did the installer and game converter install method. Weirdness!

Here is the screenshot of the 2019 Equip Effect as well. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q-idyuNr1LuowrjzT8V-QgwFm6MUMHjE/view?usp=sharing

All right so what's happened is:

The first set of values you have are actually default Materia Bonus/Penalties for mid-level Materia. When I originally re-did Bonus/Penalties, I started from Bonus/Penalty Set 01 which is used by mid-level Magic Materia in the base game, and assigned that to low-tier Magic (which is assigned Bonus/Penalty Set 0B by default). This turned out to be a mistake as it meant that regular Magic materia would then have much heavier penalties if the .exe wasn't patched for whatever reason.

The second set you have there is the intended values, with a patched .exe.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: 2020-05-14 18:59:52 »
hey sega chief

how come you had to remove the dark cave sidequest for on your 2.0 NT modd

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: 2020-05-14 21:59:13 »
All right so what's happened is:

The first set of values you have are actually default Materia Bonus/Penalties for mid-level Materia. When I originally re-did Bonus/Penalties, I started from Bonus/Penalty Set 01 which is used by mid-level Magic Materia in the base game, and assigned that to low-tier Magic (which is assigned Bonus/Penalty Set 0B by default). This turned out to be a mistake as it meant that regular Magic materia would then have much heavier penalties if the .exe wasn't patched for whatever reason.

The second set you have there is the intended values, with a patched .exe.

That is HILARIOUS. Any chance you will release this as a different mod in the future called the 'materia is for suckers' mod? For my part, I REALLY enjoyed min/maxing based on these punitive penalties. To be honest, it almost felt that it made the builds MORE viable. You want a summoner? Fine, you can ONLY use magic and will be a glass cannon with no HP as a result.

Want to be a brawler? Equip Leviathan, but don't get hit by magic because you won't survive.

Thanks for the quick replies, I'll carry on my play-through with the proper balancing. 
« Last Edit: 2020-05-14 22:00:55 by karenjr95 »

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #9465 on: 2020-05-14 22:02:00 »
whioch opion i must use if i reinstalled FFVII from zero with 7th heaven mod? What is difference between new threat and new threat (vanilla combat)?= :O

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: 2020-05-14 23:22:56 »
hey sega chief

how come you had to remove the dark cave sidequest for on your 2.0 NT modd

I don't want it in there.

That is HILARIOUS. Any chance you will release this as a different mod in the future called the 'materia is for suckers' mod? For my part, I REALLY enjoyed min/maxing based on these punitive penalties. To be honest, it almost felt that it made the builds MORE viable. You want a summoner? Fine, you can ONLY use magic and will be a glass cannon with no HP as a result.

Want to be a brawler? Equip Leviathan, but don't get hit by magic because you won't survive.

Thanks for the quick replies, I'll carry on my play-through with the proper balancing. 

If Hext files can be swapped based on IRO options then could have a few in there. I've refactored the bonus/penalty sets so that if a default set is used it'll still make sense to an extent for Magic Materia.

whioch opion i must use if i reinstalled FFVII from zero with 7th heaven mod? What is difference between new threat and new threat (vanilla combat)?= :O

New Threat is the mod with all the features, etc. Vanilla Combat is NT's field script changes but with vanilla enemies/player-character balancing and the new encounters (mostly) removed.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: 2020-05-14 23:36:48 »
I don't want it in there.

If Hext files can be swapped based on IRO options then could have a few in there. I've refactored the bonus/penalty sets so that if a default set is used it'll still make sense to an extent for Magic Materia.

New Threat is the mod with all the features, etc. Vanilla Combat is NT's field script changes but with vanilla enemies/player-character balancing and the new encounters (mostly) removed.

ok so if I wish to play standart NT mod (the classic nt you made from scrap) i use NT one right? Vanilla no! :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: 2020-05-15 01:24:48 »
ok so if I wish to play standart NT mod (the classic nt you made from scrap) i use NT one right? Vanilla no! :D

Yeah that's right.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: 2020-05-15 03:40:26 »
Hey Sega Chief,

You mention being wary of wanting to add stuff that comes across as fan-fiction, but some of the best aspects of New Threat I thought were the added dialogues, such as talking to the party members in towns. The Dark Cave quest I also thought was fantastic, and I wish there was more like it in the game.

I understand your concern about conserving the "purity" of the game, but I think that as long as you don't mess with the main story, no one would complain. I think you have a knack for writing and designing cool scenarios, and I think it would be to everyone's benefit if you let your creativity run a little wilder. I think relegating these scenarios to optional endgame sidequests is perfect.

I'm aware that 2.0 is the final version of your mod before you move on to FF8. I'm taking the time to mention it in case you ever work on FF7 NT again in the future after the release of Sister Ray, and also because I'm hoping that you let your creativity flow for FF8 NT.

Cheers

KaosuReido

• View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: 2020-05-15 05:22:42 »
Hey Sega Chief,

You mention being wary of wanting to add stuff that comes across as fan-fiction, but some of the best aspects of New Threat I thought were the added dialogues, such as talking to the party members in towns. The Dark Cave quest I also thought was fantastic, and I wish there was more like it in the game.

I understand your concern about conserving the "purity" of the game, but I think that as long as you don't mess with the main story, no one would complain. I think you have a knack for writing and designing cool scenarios, and I think it would be to everyone's benefit if you let your creativity run a little wilder. I think relegating these scenarios to optional endgame sidequests is perfect.

I'm aware that 2.0 is the final version of your mod before you move on to FF8. I'm taking the time to mention it in case you ever work on FF7 NT again in the future after the release of Sister Ray, and also because I'm hoping that you let your creativity flow for FF8 NT.

Cheers

I'd like to second this, the little side writing and stuff you do is pretty fun. I would love if you let things go a little further, not so far that the game starts parodying itself, but additional stuff for quests isn't a problem. Anyone playing this has more than likely played FF7 before, and having stuff like the Fort Junon guy being in the Cave of Gi entrance, or Guard Scorpion showing up so often, that's all been great. It feels like it adds to a playthrough to have more weird stuff like that happen, because we already know what happens. We're used to it.

Shake things up more, within reason. Don't feel like you need to pull back from where you are, because you're doing good.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: 2020-05-15 14:29:06 »
I will try again hope to be heard;:

Please remove cloud passive is quite ridiculous stacking 3 limits in 90% of the fights his passive is worthless and even on bosses is not fully realiable (you cannot bruteforce em like vanilla and limits are not always wise choices for boss fights at beginning)
I propose rework cloud into something like this:

\\Initial Stats//   
HP (Lv.6-99:   314-6521
MP (Lv.6-99   54-602
Strength:   43
Vitality:   28
Magic:   27
Spirit:   32
Dexterity:   16
Luck:   14

PASSIVE (insert cool name here)

Cloud boosts his magical damage and defense for each magic and summon materia equipped by 2%. Cloud boosts his physical attack and defense for each command /indipendent materia by 2% up to maximum of 10%

in this way you get a more reliable but not OP MC that can be specced in a "magic warrior" or pure physical archetype without overshadowing the rest of the party

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: 2020-05-15 16:21:09 »
I will try again hope to be heard;:

Please remove cloud passive is quite ridiculous stacking 3 limits in 90% of the fights his passive is worthless and even on bosses is not fully realiable (you cannot bruteforce em like vanilla and limits are not always wise choices for boss fights at beginning)
I propose rework cloud into something like this:

\\Initial Stats//   
HP (Lv.6-99:   314-6521
MP (Lv.6-99   54-602
Strength:   43
Vitality:   28
Magic:   27
Spirit:   32
Dexterity:   16
Luck:   14

PASSIVE (insert cool name here)

Cloud boosts his magical damage and defense for each magic and summon materia equipped by 2%. Cloud boosts his physical attack and defense for each command /indipendent materia by 2% up to maximum of 10%

in this way you get a more reliable but not OP MC that can be specced in a "magic warrior" or pure physical archetype without overshadowing the rest of the party

The Battle AI can't check for which Materia are equipped so this innate suggestion can't be implemented into base game.

15th May Files are up; this one is more for adding an ID to the IRO but added that Extra Battle menu fix as well:

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/PgES0KoA#OOxdzm8iZ8BGvlLH0be4wSzygSPuXl7tCbB_cIu3UAQ

7h
https://mega.nz/file/bx9FUBgY#oevTjNofRtuzBCr8m1tqZbV_VqVL0sVPHSjHUj_8CV4

Bugfixes
*) Extra Battle Menu, Cancel Option not selectable

Added
*) IRO now has an ID to help with compat flags (for modders)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-15 16:29:13 by Sega Chief »

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: 2020-05-15 16:48:36 »

Oh HECK YEAH! I would absolutely play New Threat in an artificial difficulty setting like that as it would deter me from just blindly filling up on all my strongest materia and always using the equipment with the most slots.

If there was a risk/reward to having more spells and lower stats overall, it would go a long way towards making the player intentionally choose to have 1 summon or 3 and to use only a particular kind of materia. As an example, I was using Cait Sith as a mule for the stuff like barrier, time, and destroy which gave big debuffs to strength and magic.

Then, I would boost luck with Amulet and do cover and counter attack, added effect and status like sleep or confu magic. The result was a tanky stuffed animal who wrecked computer AI, but did no damage.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-15 16:50:50 by karenjr95 »

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: 2020-05-15 16:52:20 »
Sega thanks for reply one question: I recently started a new fresh game via 7th ehaven with your mod enabled but on main page screen i got no chance to choose which NT version i recall arrange or standard one. Is it normal?