Author Topic: Custom graphics driver for FF7/FF8 [v.1-.7.6]  (Read 761347 times)

Costa07

• View Profile
Custom graphics driver for FF7/FF8 [v.1-.7.6]
« Reply #1375 on: 2009-09-11 09:39:10 »
With Aali mind and the potential of this driver anything is possible. That is Aali isn't tired of messing with it or just will get to it when he has time to

Qudeid

• View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: 2009-09-11 12:05:18 »
I didn't actually know what is possible. Possible is quite a bit.

I just wanted to know, if there is a roadmap on Aali's mind, what is going to happen. Optimizations? Better Rescaling of Flieldbackground.. I don't know, Probably I can't fancy enough :D

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: 2009-09-11 18:50:04 »
The filed reescaling must be done manually. It can be done using Palmer. Someone has to do it, though.
The only think I herad from Aali's plan was adding per pixel lighting, which certainly would look nice. It seems somewhat complex though, due to the way FF7 computes the vertex color.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: 2009-09-12 02:58:00 »
I noticed that on low spec PC's Aali's Driver can help in maintaining balance because when I used Team Avalanche GUI MOD. FFVII reacts weirdly.. I know that sl1982 said it didn't do Sh** but and would be a better combo. But I was tinkering around the forum and read somewhere about a prob of this guy who uses a win xp 32bit  and titeguy suggested lowering his OpenGL specs ( basically Aalis custom driver ). I experimented on that too and ...Voila!!

FFVII music was back on track..literally..its resuming like its supposed to and stopping when it needs to..And the lag which I get because of the new GUI was minimized greatly!...

I was just wonderin how the world did that happen?.. And of course my question regarding the best resolution to use was created....

If the CPU starts being overtaxed (say.. working 100% instead of 50%) it will cause FF7Music to lag.  Try closing any other programs running.  If that doesn't work... you'll have to get a new computer for it to work perfectly :|
Unless it's something else  :-P

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1379 on: 2009-09-12 04:59:18 »
Hmm, does anyone know how to enable registry editing? Because when I try to use the 64x Vista file on my friend's Vista, it said that registry editing has been disabled by the administratorl.

Off-topic: 10 more posts and you will officially have "No life" status Obesebear!  :-)

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: 2009-09-12 06:24:18 »
drfeelgud88 i once had the same problem. i managed to fix it by using this
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/116415-regedit-enable-disable.html
Hope this helps.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #1381 on: 2009-09-12 07:03:01 »
drfeelgud88 i once had the same problem. i managed to fix it by using this
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/116415-regedit-enable-disable.html
Hope this helps.
Hmm, well I'm not at my friend's house atm, so I can't really test it out. But that seems like it will do the trick since the example in that website is exactly what it shows on his computer. Thanks a bunch there kranmer.  :-)

Jehebi

• View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: 2009-09-12 10:22:28 »
Hey guys I was having an issue and I was told to post here.

When I run the game with ff7w using Aali's driver I get this:

and when I run the game through ff7.exe using Aali's driver my entire computer resolution changes to the lowest setting. Any ideas how to fix?
« Last Edit: 2009-09-12 11:33:23 by Jehebi »

gigaherz

• View Profile
    • gigaherz's shitty stuff
« Reply #1383 on: 2009-09-12 13:54:51 »
Did you change the driver's settings? they are in a file. You can choose what resolution to use, and if you want it on  window, or fullscreen, if you dont' mind editing a text file :P

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: 2009-09-12 15:09:43 »
@obesebear

well, if that's the case then this is it really... I can't possibly upgrade or buy another one...So I'll try to manage..Actually FFVII music is the one that starts to have probs..It just wouldn't resume to where it stopped like it's supposed to... ( Titeguys Guide by the way..) Nuffsaid..

Did you change the driver's settings? they are in a file. You can choose what resolution to use, and if you want it on  window, or fullscreen, if you dont' mind editing a text file :P

Aalis Driver settings is easy to understand so Jehebi, just keep looking...and when in doubt ASK the FORUM!!! hehehe...

Point sent... :-D

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: 2009-09-12 19:07:54 »
@obesebear

well, if that's the case then this is it really... I can't possibly upgrade or buy another one...So I'll try to manage..Actually FFVII music is the one that starts to have probs..It just wouldn't resume to where it stopped like it's supposed to... ( Titeguys Guide by the way..) Nuffsaid..

In FF7Music Configuration you can set which files do and do not resume from where they last stopped.  That's an entirely different problem from the music taking a few seconds to start playing.  What I mean is, when you win a battle does the victory music immediately start playing, or does it take a second or two to start?

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: 2009-09-13 08:03:51 »
@obesebear
@obesebear

In FF7Music Configuration you can set which files do and do not resume from where they last stopped.  That's an entirely different problem from the music taking a few seconds to start playing.  What I mean is, when you win a battle does the victory music immediately start playing, or does it take a second or two to start?

Oh..your answer is right there....heck! Didn't see that coming....

Well I already set the names of those to be resumed in FF7Music Configuration (Fanfare plays immediately by the way after the battle music so that part is okay.) Problem is my custom sid2( music is 4minutes by Madonna :lol:) and I already cropped it but somehow it resumes to where its supposed to be ..and Sometimes it restarts...And at times it stutters...

Jehebi

• View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: 2009-09-13 13:09:40 »
Did you change the driver's settings? they are in a file. You can choose what resolution to use, and if you want it on  window, or fullscreen, if you dont' mind editing a text file :P

Yeah the only thing I did was turn off fullscreen and now it goes mad on me :(
When I close ff7 my computer restores to normal resolution

Code: [Select]
# ff7_opengl config file

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# plugins
# a movie plugin is required, the music plugin is optional, but required to make FF7Music work
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp
#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

# vertex and fragment shaders
vert_source = shaders/main.vert
frag_source = shaders/main.frag

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
post_source = shaders/bloom2.post
enable_postprocessing = no

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# set the window size (and fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 0
window_size_y = 0
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = no

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = off

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = no

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# this option requires you to have all your LGP archives unpacked in direct/, with one folder for each archive
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd instead
# this option should be used for testing only, performance will take a hit
direct_mode = off
« Last Edit: 2009-09-13 13:22:59 by Jehebi »

kaster

« Reply #1388 on: 2009-09-13 14:32:30 »
I use ff7_opengl-0.7.1b for FF7 ultima edition, but when I start game it says " No useful indirect path found, check APP.LOG for more information ", I checked the app.log but I didn't understand it. And when I entered game, it doesn't seems smooth, I use the resolution 1024x768, here is the picture

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: 2009-09-13 16:11:04 »
I use ff7_opengl-0.7.1b for FF7 ultima edition, but when I start game it says " No useful indirect path found, check APP.LOG for more information ", I checked the app.log but I didn't understand it. And when I entered game, it doesn't seems smooth, I use the resolution 1024x768, here is the picture

That's probably because you are a low-life pirate.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: 2009-09-13 16:16:56 »
FF7 ultima edition
We don't support that shit. It's illegal, and doesn't work right. Use a legit copy.

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: 2009-09-13 22:18:03 »
Did you change the driver's settings? they are in a file. You can choose what resolution to use, and if you want it on  window, or fullscreen, if you dont' mind editing a text file :P

Yeah the only thing I did was turn off fullscreen and now it goes mad on me :(
When I close ff7 my computer restores to normal resolution

Code: [Select]
# ff7_opengl config file

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# plugins
# a movie plugin is required, the music plugin is optional, but required to make FF7Music work
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp
#music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

# vertex and fragment shaders
vert_source = shaders/main.vert
frag_source = shaders/main.frag

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
post_source = shaders/bloom2.post
enable_postprocessing = no

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# set the window size (and fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 0
window_size_y = 0
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = no

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = off

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = no

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# this option requires you to have all your LGP archives unpacked in direct/, with one folder for each archive
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd instead
# this option should be used for testing only, performance will take a hit
direct_mode = off

You need to put windo size x to 1280 window size y to 1024 and turn full screen bak on then install the driver. After you install if do not touch the config cause it will uninstall the driver just start up the game it should work fine.

arew264

• View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: 2009-09-13 23:30:49 »
You need to put windo size x to 1280 window size y to 1024 and turn full screen bak on then install the driver. After you install if do not touch the config cause it will uninstall the driver just start up the game it should work fine.

Okay, you don't seem to be clear on the concept here.
The OpenGL Driver users a config file (ff7_opengl.cfg, if I remember right). You can touch this all you want before and after the driver is installed, and it will safely change the driver's settings. You might break things, but you won't uninstall the driver.

The original game uses FF7Config.exe for configuration settings. Running this will uninstall the driver, and you'll have to run the registry changes again.

So touching "the config" won't kill the driver. At all.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: 2009-09-14 00:43:09 »
I suspect that Costa07 meant ff7config.exe when he said "the config", rather than ff7_opengl.cfg. I certainly hope that's what he meant :wink:

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: 2009-09-14 07:39:48 »
I second the motion  :-D

He did mention the FF7Config...

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: 2009-09-14 08:21:24 »
I suspect that Costa07 meant ff7config.exe when he said "the config", rather than ff7_opengl.cfg. I certainly hope that's what he meant :wink:

Yes that is what i meant the ffconfig.exe i was having problems with the driver cause i kept opening that config. KM help me out alot then i finally figured it out that you cant touch it after you install the driver.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: 2009-09-14 10:53:48 »
If ya have problems with the process with the FF7Config.exe.. I think titeguy made a batch file that makes it easier... just PM him if ya want...

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: 2009-09-14 13:44:26 »
Aali, any plans to make more use of the shaders like the bloom one you already added?

darkvadd7

• View Profile
    • ChristopherNolan.fr
« Reply #1398 on: 2009-09-16 09:14:48 »
Great drivers !
« Last Edit: 2009-09-16 09:16:35 by Vadd_VII »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: 2009-09-16 09:37:10 »