Author Topic: [REL] Barret AC Version Retex/Resized Parts  (Read 16160 times)

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
[REL] Barret AC Version Retex/Resized Parts
« on: 2012-08-18 08:43:36 »
Hi! I've been tweaking with Jinkazama Barret model, I'm more of AC style fan so I tried editing his model using textures from timu sumisu's & Millenia barret model but I made my own texture for the jacket, I also resized some parts of the model to give it more realistic proportion, I have no experience in modeling so all I did was use resources already available in here..

This was intended for my own use, but depending on the feedback and if there are no problems with the rules and the original makers I may share this model, so here it is, please let me know what you guys think of this.

EDIT: Since JLOUTLAW took time and effort to convert my battle AC barret model to Field version we decided to release it as a pack:

NOTE:

Base Model - AC Barret model by Jinkazama
Base Texture - Timu Sumisu & Millenia Barret Model

Reference:

screenshots taken by JLOUTLAW, thanks a lot dude.

CLICK LINK TO DOWNLOAD Check the new thread in the release section, http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13703.0
« Last Edit: 2012-09-30 10:10:43 by whitERaven »

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Barret AC Version,
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-18 20:00:25 »
Idk if I would bother releasing. The problem with the Barret model is that everyone has a similar but slightly different interpretation of what Barret acted like. Since it was an all-text game, you gave him your own voice. What we really need is completed models for the rest of the team, since there are probably 4-5 models for Barret floating around, and 9 or 10 Clouds (I didn't actually count, just guessing).

Your model isn't bad, but personally I think its just too personalized to be released. Although someone might PM you for it at some point. If you think you're up to it, head ofer to the TA threads and see if there are any models/fields you could take over and complete with the texturing skills you have. (Texturing help is needed too!). The more help we have, the sooner the TA HD mod will be released and then we'll have a full (well almost full, more like 2/5) HD FF7.

Good work, keep at it.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-18 20:01:57 by Shankifer »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-18 20:04:31 »
There are about 7 Barret and 5 Cloud models available here on Qhimm.

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-18 20:07:36 »
Is that released clouds only? because I tend to see quite a few shadily acquired cloud models in various screen shots lol.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-18 20:29:03 »
Those are only the models allowed here on Qhimm.
Illegal ripped models are not included in those numbers.
I did forget to add in the chibi models.
That would bring it up to 7 Cloud and 8 Barret models supported on Qhimm (plus the original models).
There are even 2 additional Cloud heads that modify the battle models.

There are variations of these models that are incomplete and not suitable for use in the game.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-08-18 22:53:51 »
@ Shankifer

I see, I wont bother then.. hehe its true, since this was originally intended for my own use it tends to look the way I prefer it to, thanks for the comment..

And about the TA HD, I'll look into it, I'll be glad to help..

« Last Edit: 2012-09-19 02:10:57 by whitERaven »

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-09-02 13:19:24 »
Leaving aside there being multiple models of Barret already in existence, there was an AC barret released not to long ago which was based on the models released by Timu Sumisu and Millenia. The only difference i see here is this model has sunglasses. Dunno where that came from. Nice touch though.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-09-03 09:25:17 »
Leaving aside there being multiple models of Barret already in existence, there was an AC barret released not to long ago which was based on the models released by Timu Sumisu and Millenia. The only difference i see here is this model has sunglasses. Dunno where that came from. Nice touch though.

I  think you are referring to  jinkazama's ac barret model, and If you read my first post it says that this model is based on jinkazama and timu's barret model.. I used those model and add a few tweaks of my own, and I should should say the final product looks way different than jinkazama. I decided making this model because jinkazama's model doesnt fit well with my other AC models.

Jnkazama's model

mine after a few tweaks
« Last Edit: 2012-09-04 10:21:32 by whitERaven »

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-09-03 19:35:42 »
I personally think it looks really good, the best one I've seen yet. I would definitely use your Barrett model. I understand people are unhappy about there being many models of Cloud, Barrett, Tifa, etc. but it's also not fair to limit someone's creativity just because of that. WhitERaven, would you mind sending me the model in a private message please? I would appreciate it and use it in battle and on the field. Thank you.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #9 on: 2012-09-03 21:59:46 »
I would be grateful if you continue millenia's work for Barret's weapons!!!

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8560.msg106432#msg106432

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-09-04 05:08:42 »
I personally think it looks really good, the best one I've seen yet. I would definitely use your Barrett model. I understand people are unhappy about there being many models of Cloud, Barrett, Tifa, etc. but it's also not fair to limit someone's creativity just because of that. WhitERaven, would you mind sending me the model in a private message please? I would appreciate it and use it in battle and on the field. Thank you.

I'm still fixing some minor errors regarding the animations, I'll send it to you as soon as its ready, If you like I'll include one without the sunglasses so it will resemble barret in Advent children more. Thanks..

I would be grateful if you continue millenia's work for Barret's weapons!!!

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8560.msg106432#msg106432

I'll check on it, though my skills are more on texturing than modeling.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-09-06 01:53:40 »
Yes I'd prefer the one without glasses please. And thank you so much.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #12 on: 2012-09-06 11:34:42 »
I always feel weird on that huge weapon... I really would like watch to all Barrett's weapon models finished sometime! Shiny and upscaled! ;)
« Last Edit: 2012-09-08 21:11:54 by LeonhartGR »

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012-09-08 19:35:59 »
No ones saying it looks bad or trying to stop him from releasing it. It's just a slight disappointment expressed, not directed at anyone in particular...you know it's just one of those things when a lot of people are actually waiting for mods of other characters which are considered a rarity at this point.
Otherwise if no one has any objection about the model itself and its legal, then we're all for it being released.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012-09-10 05:37:25 »
I don't think I'll be releasing this model, I think it'll be a waste of time and space hehe..

I understand now that most people here are fan of the original ff7 and not much on the AC versions.. I mean we dont even have an  AC version cloud available here,

Though I'll send it to those who wants to try it.. This might help those few AC fan out there, the AC mod pack out there (which is illegal so I wont discuss it much) lacks a decent barret model thats the main reason I made this model.

I think I'll start a project on models that will be more helpful here than this one,

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #15 on: 2012-09-10 13:14:47 »
What I believe is that in any future retexture models should be like in the end of Crisis Core and follow their official prequel (as it is considered like that). I love AC but I believe the models should be like this while reaching the end of ff7 and after Aeris death. I wish there was a feature where models would adjust to the timeline while playing :P . I'm asking too much I know.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012-09-19 02:19:03 »
What I believe is that in any future retexture models should be like in the end of Crisis Core and follow their official prequel (as it is considered like that). I love AC but I believe the models should be like this while reaching the end of ff7 and after Aeris death. I wish there was a feature where models would adjust to the timeline while playing :P . I'm asking too much I know.

I'll take your advice then, I already started on a tifa retexture I hope it'll get a better feedback.
Adjusting to timeline while playing would be nice  though I think it wont be easy,

Yes I'd prefer the one without glasses please. And thank you so much.

I've sent the model, feel free to PM me if bugs/issues occurs.. Kindly send me an In-game screenshot of the model if its not a bother, Thanks!

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #17 on: 2012-09-19 02:30:30 »

thats possible
old model: if gamemoment <X ( 999 for pre CD2 ), display model
new model: if gamemoment <X, hide model
you would need to duplicate a shit ton of scripts and animations and stuff but it's possible. not hard, just HYPER tedious

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012-09-19 02:49:53 »
This actually is a really nice model. It didn't have any bugs in battle and looks a lot sharper than any other Barret models I have seen. I've sent WhiteRaven some screenshots, so you can see for yourselves, but perhaps y'all should give the model a chance, even though there are several other Barret models around.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012-09-19 03:10:48 »
Thanks for images, I already posted them at the top, This is my first time editing a model though I used existing models in here.. I hope Timu and Jinkazama wont mind but I'll send them a PM anyway..

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012-09-19 03:30:32 »
Actually the texture is Millenias... but i imagine he'd give his blessing... or something

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012-09-19 03:47:27 »
ahh my bad.. guess I'll ask millenia then..

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012-09-24 16:02:35 »
WhiteRaven and I have been working together on a couple of his retexed models, mostly converting them to work as field models as well. Now you can use his remodel both in battles and in the field.

Here's a shot of him in the field:

And here's the download Link:

« Last Edit: 2012-10-01 14:11:46 by JLOUTLAW »

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012-09-24 17:41:50 »
In the archive, there are the files on the field folder, but no one on the battle.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-24 17:51:13 by ManuBBXX »

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012-09-24 18:05:15 »
Thank you. The file has been fixed and the link updated.