Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008363 times)

Devina

• View Profile
I've been experimenting with Reunion, thank you so much for your work.
It's a lot more convenient than 7th Heaven (don't mean to diss their hard work), I just like the easy configuration.

I was wondering if you have any more plans for graphical enhancements for future installments?

For example, I wonder if there's a way to make text crisper in the UI, sort of like this:

https://imgur.com/hMyZTsI

I tried putting HD fonts in the menu folder but no luck.

I think the graphical character mod is nice, although I'm not really a fan of Jessie's coloring, especially her hair. It makes her look ginger and really contrasts the remake, and her blue shirt sticks out. I think it'd be really cool if we can make the characters more like the remake. I noticed Biggs has sleeves on his shirt like the remake which I think is really sweet. I'm a big fan of consistency.

I'm also a bit sad because I don't know how to use HD models with Reunion. I think it'd be cool if you could include an optional HD model function, or a way to use other models (not really sure how to do that). I know you prefer some consistency, although an option for graphic whores like me would be great. I've seen these online and think they look amazing (not sure who made them, it's really hard to track down since it feels like there's a hundred models and versions out there these days).

One final thing I noticed is Vincent's running away animation in 60 FPS mode 2. It's really funny and sticks out like a sore thumb.
I don't know if it can be fixed tho.

Once you iron out the kinks, I'd love to play through the whole game again.
I finished FF7 for the first time a few months ago, but didn't use mods because I wanted achievements.
I'd love to go through again with the retranslation to get an idea of what the original devs intended more.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
what happens with hotfix9 with the magic pack?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@craxysteve im not sure how hotfix 9 could load wrong area??  that doesn't seem possible tbh. as per first post i need app.log reunion.log.  and what mods you've added. and your save file

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Shortly after escaping from the reactor and talking to Aerith the game loads a completely different map when leaving the area. I haven't played the game in a while but you can see Cait Sith standing by some stairs. My character's stuck and I cannot proceed. Disabling Hotfix 9 fixes this.

CrazySteve...  this really wasn't helpful.  First, it isn't clear exactly where this happened; second, you did not supply app.log, reunion.log, save file, or a picture

So I have no way of replicating it.  I've played through that area without any glitches or issues.  Your issue sounds more like a mod that changed flevel to be honest.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-04 14:42:50 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Also, I'll be migrating to True Odin's new fork of aali's dll - ffnx - in the future.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-04 15:08:11 by DLPB »

morffi

• View Profile
Here's an example video clip of the mentioned incorrect area issue in Hotfix 9: https://streamable.com/3q338.

Freshly installed Steam version of the game, only Reunion installed (New Translation, Menu Enhancement, Audio Enhancement, 60fps battles, New Frame Limiter, Centred Field Screens, Closed Mouth Models, and High precision timer enabled).

SkolaMC seems to have encountered a different variation of this issue, but these both have in common that the game loads into an area that is somewhat related to the correct one, but should happen much later in the game.

skyhawk

• View Profile
I've confirmed the troubles with the start of the game. Mine's even worse than already pictured!

Nothing's touching flevel - I'm just running Satsuki's textures and movies, plus some custom musics rolled by myself.

Picture
Full debug assets requested - use Save 2, and follow the story until the screen after you bump into Aerith.

Edit: Also, I set Mod_ID to None, and confirmed this still happens, though the incorrect level isn't scrambled like it is in my screenshot.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-04 17:19:54 by skyhawk »

skyhawk

• View Profile
I think the graphical character mod is nice, although I'm not really a fan of Jessie's coloring, especially her hair. It makes her look ginger and really contrasts the remake, and her blue shirt sticks out. I think it'd be really cool if we can make the characters more like the remake. I noticed Biggs has sleeves on his shirt like the remake which I think is really sweet. I'm a big fan of consistency.
Respectfully, our [or at least, my] goal is to improve upon, and maintain consistency with, the original game. This is a mod for Final Fantasy VII, not FF7 Remake. Consistency is one reason I don't use enhanced field models, because some of the cinematics have the doll models baked in, and it's really jarring to suddenly be jumping from one set of models to another.

I'm also a bit sad because I don't know how to use HD models with Reunion. I think it'd be cool if you could include an optional HD model function, or a way to use other models (not really sure how to do that). I know you prefer some consistency, although an option for graphic whores like me would be great. I've seen these online and think they look amazing (not sure who made them, it's really hard to track down since it feels like there's a hundred models and versions out there these days).

That does look amazing, I'll absolutely give you that. And given that Battlescape doesn't interact with the cinematics, that should be an absolute winner. I've no idea what or where those models are, or if they can be integrated with Reunion.

One final thing I noticed is Vincent's running away animation in 60 FPS mode 2. It's really funny and sticks out like a sore thumb.
For stuff like this, providing captures showing both mode0 and mode2 can be very helpful. See my posts over the last few pages regarding Yuffie's cast/summon animation. I haven't gotten to Vincent in my game yet, but I'll take some captures of it when I do.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Exactly, Skyhawk.  This is FF7. Not remake or anything else.

Also these enhanced model packs look nothing like the original design.  Obesebear has fixed Vincent today... I think.

obesebear

• View Profile
I've looked over his running animation, and it is working properly.   However, you may notice all of his animations are too fast depending on what weapon you have equipped.  I've fixed that error and sent to DLPB for his next release.    If you still feel something is wrong with an animation, please upload a video

tom servo

• View Profile
I also get the image corruption using aali.dll from hotfix9. I then replaced that dll with the one from yesterday and played for about 1.5 hours, no crashes but some world textures were changed to the wrong ones after an hour of playing.  Btw this is with the magic upscaled textures as well as remako. There were no errors in app.log but i can send it if you want.

« Last Edit: 2020-03-04 17:49:36 by tom servo »

BananVacation

• View Profile
Definitely a new issue with the hotfix 9, im after the aps fight and going that way thru the train graveyard's final screen with the movable trains. upon moving to the "train station" screen i'm instead taken to a scene MUCH further in the game where tifa is chasing cloud against a black background then to when she remembers finding him at the train station, then im tifa waking up in doctors office goddamn meteor is here and im lvl 10.

I've had the same thing happen but in different area, I thought it was because I used a save made before applying the hotfix. That Tifa scene starts playing regardless of which direction you go from the save point in slums. Reverting to original R06c files fixes the problem. Here are the files if it helps:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1b0i2NkpmLmdIE71-Ow3r1mP8J9Z1EqRg

Devina

• View Profile
Ah, I had no idea it was gun-dependent. Here's a GIF because it's so funny. :P

I did some testing and this is what I got:

Quicksilver - fine
Riot - bad
Winchester - bad
Peacemaker - fine
BB gun - fine
Sniper CR - bad
Outsider - fine
Death penalty - bad

Unfortunately, I never unlocked these guns during my playthrough:

Shotgun
Shortbarrel
Silver rifle
Buntline
Lariat
Long Barrel R
Supershot ST

So I can't tell you whether or not the animation is fine for these guns.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-04 18:43:26 by Devina »

obesebear

• View Profile
It might be hard for you to discern, but his idle animation is also too fast.  Vincent has 3 different models. The game loads one at a time depending on which type of gun you are using (pistol, shotgun, rifle).   I somehow forgot to do the other two, but have since done them and sent to DLPB which will be included in his next release.  In the meantime, if you want to add these to your 60i folder in reunion, it will fix it
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dtuumgb9u146ijh/vincent_60.zip/file

skyhawk

• View Profile

Do monster-vampire things drink coffee? 'cause he looks like he chugged the whole carafe.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Looks like he hasn't been interpolated (so he still has same number of frames as vanilla, meaning he'll appear to move much faster). There are several Vincent models to handle his 3 styles of firearm so I guess maybe one or more of them haven't had it applied.

Nicolo

• View Profile
Since we're on the subject of broken animation, is the limit break behavior on my end, as I reported earlier, expected and unfixable?

When using 60 fps battles set to 2 (animation interpolation), it cuts the casting animation and goes straight into the attack, desyncing the camera if you set it to default dynamic instead of static in the game options, so that for some LBs there isn't even time to see the damage because it's still focusing on the character that used the limit instead of the enemies.

Another defective instance is the choco mog summon running animation. The chocobo wildly teleports back and forth while running toward the enemy.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/What+a+nerve!

It's perfectly normal English.  Please use Google before posting things like that as it clutters up this thread.  Though to be honest, grammar issues alone should be left until R07.  Only definite mistakes with spelling / translation should be noted.

even if its not completely incorrect, it sounds really, really dumb (and it IS incorrect - they meant as in "what a nerve you've got") , and no american in the history of america has ever said that phrase (i have american english checked)

could be "You've got some nerve" or even "What nerve"

need to pick your battles bro, i understand you have bigger fish to fry at most times but the posts aint going anywhere when you ARE ready to make dialogue changes and "what a nerve" is absolutely worth changing, its worse than the original dialogue

stuff like that really takes me out of the game, and i'd bet my left testicle that i'm not the only one
« Last Edit: 2020-03-04 23:47:53 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's accurate English.  In fact, it's actually more accurate than "What nerve" as that phrase as a double meaning of keeping ones nerve.  The American (I assume it is) version is not good grammar.  Now, if the "bug" report had been "I think this needs adding to American option"  I'd run it by covarr.  That wasn't remotely what happened, was it?  What did happen was a statement of fact that this was a grammar mistake and it just isn't.  Not even close.  And any Google search would have concluded it.  Not to mention Brits use this phrase a lot more than "what nerve".
« Last Edit: 2020-03-04 23:48:29 by DLPB »

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
It's accurate English.  In fact, it's actually more accurate than "What nerve" as that phrase as a double meaning of keeping ones nerve.  The American (I assume it is) version is not good grammar.  Now, if the "bug" report had been "I think this needs adding to American option"  I'd run it by covarr.  That wasn't remotely what happened, was it?  What did happen was a statement of fact that this was a grammar mistake and it just isn't.  Not even close.  And any Google search would have concluded it.  Not to mention Brits use this phrase a lot more than "what nerve".

to be honest it has nothing to do with being grammatically correct, its about sounding like how real people talk for me, and i've literally never heard someone say "what a nerve" but HAVE heard the other alternatives a bunch

could be different for you since we likely live in 2 very different areas with own dialects, so thats why i just post it and let you decide what to do with it - even if its nothing

to be honest i thought you were going for "what a jerk" (which would also be better IMO) and just forgot to change nerve to jerk or something, didnt know "what a nerve" was a british thing (making it sound very normal to you, obviously)

« Last Edit: 2020-03-05 00:23:57 by Orichalcon »

obesebear

• View Profile
Since we're on the subject of broken animation, is the limit break behavior on my end, as I reported earlier, expected and unfixable?

When using 60 fps battles set to 2 (animation interpolation), it cuts the casting animation and goes straight into the attack, desyncing the camera if you set it to default dynamic instead of static in the game options, so that for some LBs there isn't even time to see the damage because it's still focusing on the character that used the limit instead of the enemies.

Another defective instance is the choco mog summon running animation. The chocobo wildly teleports back and forth while running toward the enemy.
Who's casting animation is cut? and during which limit break?  I don't have a ton of free time, and probably won't get around to looking at this until the weekend.  The more time you can save me, the more likely I can fix it

Nicolo

• View Profile
Who's casting animation is cut? and during which limit break?  I don't have a ton of free time, and probably won't get around to looking at this until the weekend.  The more time you can save me, the more likely I can fix it

Pretty much every single one? It's more notable on some than others because of the camera, but they're all doing it faster than the camera can follow.

Example that is easy to verify: cloud's Blade Beam/Rending Light. He shoots the projectile and the camera doesn't follow it immediately because he cast too fast. By the time the camera moves to the enemies the damage popups have already vanished.

Even with Cloud's Braver you can feel that the casting aura is cut short, the casting sound doesn't play completely and Cloud rushes to the target with the camera lagging a little bit behind.

Unrelated: haven't tested the latest hotfix yet, but I did discover some behaviors of the fanfare bug

1. Going to the world map seems to banish the repeating song. And it has never happened to me while battling on the world map. Maybe in the instances where it WOULD occur while in the world map it crashes the game instead? Because crashes only occur when winning a battle while on the world map. Seems like too much coincidence that both bugs happen while the fanfare starts playing.

2. I've tried getting into amother battle while the repeating fanfare was hapoening and using the pause function there, which is supposed to mute the music. It did mute the battle song, but the fanfare kept going on. Oh well...

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Hotfix 10.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14BwIvHxhtNgkwxk7Gvx8Ine_Vgrk8DNh/view?usp=sharing

I played for 3 hours and no bad textures or crashes.  Hope you guys get similar results.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-05 01:54:45 by DLPB »

Nicolo

• View Profile
Hotfix 10.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14BwIvHxhtNgkwxk7Gvx8Ine_Vgrk8DNh/view?usp=sharing

I played for 3 hours and no bad textures or crashes.  Hope you guys get similar results.

Sorry... already managed to crash it with hotfix 10.

Link to the logs and savefile: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uXJlGOULTmU20mAgaDozdvAVLpiF7nus

Crashed when I won a fight on the world map. Save slot 1. Was at 4x speed and mashing confirm when it happened. Took about 10 fights for the crash to occur.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Maybe try with battle 60fps set to 1 and not 2.  See if that helps.  I didn't use mode 2.