Author Topic: UNSOLVABLE: FF7 music "yado" won't play with Aali's music plugin  (Read 5354 times)

Raestloz

• View Profile
"yado" is that music playing when you go to sleep, titled "Good Night,  Until Tomorrow"

While it's unproductive to listen to a music doing nothing, I somehow managed to miss it. It's a bit awkward to press "stay" and within split second the screen is back on again.

The PSF itself works fine, and I've set the correct file in the profile, as evidenced in the log:

Code: [Select]
CSR9
reading midi file: YADO.mid

YADO.mid

Midi file matched! YADO
CSA6
Halting music
CSR7
File counterpart 203 Good Night, Until Tomorrow.minipsf
Resolved to I:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\Ficedula\psf\203 Good Night, Until Tomorrow.minipsf
Playing music
CSA6
CSR7
CSA8
Look for plugin for minipsf
Init plugins
Setup input plugin: Highly Experimental PSF1/PSF2 Player v2.09
Setup output plugin: waveOut output v2.0.2a
Init finished

So, what's the deal? Don't tell me it's because of that ',' there in the file name?
« Last Edit: 2011-06-24 20:20:48 by Bosola »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 music "yado" won't play
« Reply #1 on: 2011-06-04 14:21:17 »
Bug with Aali's driver I think. Most of us have it, including myself.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-06-04 17:26:25 »
Not so much a bug as a workaround, some field script depends on being able to tell when a song ends, obviously the game doesn't know if anything is playing or not when FF7Music is doing all the work so I made it skip those scenes instead. Wont be an issue if we ever get a proper music plugin for the custom driver.

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-06-04 19:30:31 »
Not so much a bug as a workaround, some field script depends on being able to tell when a song ends, obviously the game doesn't know if anything is playing or not when FF7Music is doing all the work so I made it skip those scenes instead. Wont be an issue if we ever get a proper music plugin for the custom driver.
When you mute the MIDIs, do you simply mute them (turning the volume off) or actually remove them altogether? (as in they actually don't play at all)

If you simply mute the MIDI, won't the game still know that it's playing something? Only not audible?

If it's the latter, then I guess the case is closed

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-06-04 19:56:46 »
The music plugin replaces the entire music part of the FF7 engine.

Raestloz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-06-04 20:17:26 »
The music plugin replaces the entire music part of the FF7 engine.
Well, that explains it.

Is it possible, though, to set a timer for the event? No... I guess not. If it is possible, you would have implemented it already. Well, thanks anyway! At least I know it's not just me

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: FF7 music "yado" won't play with Aali's music plugin
« Reply #6 on: 2011-06-24 20:20:19 »
Closed as unresolvable with current plugin.