Author Topic: Team Avalanche Main Cast Project  (Read 76350 times)

Tsetra

• View Profile
Re: Team Avalanche Main Cast Project
« Reply #100 on: 2010-03-25 02:50:10 »

Heh. That'll teach her to steal my damn materia!

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2010-04-15 13:22:18 »
In case Vincent's transformations are included as "Main Cast", I vote whoever models Hellmasker... to consider using some artistic license...
http://wynahiros.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured--3
A sample

I like this concept more actually. Love the fact he keeps his clothes (well at least a little bit) in this concept (and in the DeathGigas/GalianBeast from the same galery) just like he does when he transforms to Chaos in Dirge of Cerberus. Kinda find the Behemoth/frankenstein/jason/gargoyle dracula models a bit ridiculous too.

Anyway, since this project will most likely stick with the original concepts, we just have to hope that maybe someone in the future model them like square should have in the first place (Chaos like Dirge of Cerberus ftw).

Xenobond

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio Site
« Reply #102 on: 2010-04-16 01:28:42 »
Alright, well this is where I had gotten with Red a few weeks ago. Seems that while I was busy with life/other obligations, Max 8 took a crap dive, and I can't get assets into BodyPaint from Max 2010. -,-

So it's going to take me some time to get everything back to normal... assuming that it'll work that way.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2010-04-16 01:51:28 »
I realize you still have some texturing to do, but just wanted to comment that as he is now, he seriously looks ripped out of a Kingdom Hearts game.  That's awesome

InuRa

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2010-04-16 03:02:31 »
Alright, well this is where I had gotten with Red a few weeks ago. Seems that while I was busy with life/other obligations, Max 8 took a crap dive, and I can't get assets into BodyPaint from Max 2010. -,-

So it's going to take me some time to get everything back to normal... assuming that it'll work that way.

I just LOVE the colouring as is! Simple yet so close to the original style!

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2010-04-16 04:32:25 »
awesome stuff xeno. Something tells me by the time he's done our jaws will have dug through the planet :P

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010-04-16 13:11:21 »
awesome stuff xeno. Something tells me by the time he's done our jaws will have dug through the planet :P

Probably ;D

That mean our jaws will make a black hole once the whole patch is done? ;p

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2010-04-17 18:28:58 »
Wow, very nice Xeno!

Also, I think the fire on his tail needs to be a bit bigger: http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7/graphics/people/red13/redart.jpg

Hmm I wonder if it will look strange since its not animated.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-17 18:41:44 by Timber »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2010-04-17 19:48:17 »
going back on the topic of vincents limits, i just stumbled upon the concept art for his first two limits :P

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2010-04-17 19:59:58 »

Does his mouth open...? Because it does in the game... Just something to be aware of...

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2010-04-17 23:24:33 »
going back on the topic of vincents limits, i just stumbled upon the concept art for his first two limits :P

nice! These are excellent for basing high res models on! So weird how death gigas appears to be wearing sneaks, and is that a codpiece?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2010-04-18 16:47:24 »
Does his mouth open...? Because it does in the game... Just something to be aware of...

It does. The model is already split for ingame use.

MartialKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2010-04-24 01:19:44 »
Hey guys, I have a request for this project....

Would you guys be willing to convert your battle models to field models and release them along with the chibi models? I respect keeping true to the original game with the chibi models, but I prefer the more realistically proportioned battle models (especially during dialogue "cutscenes" using the field models).  I love the battle model-->field model mod in the remix patch, so if you guys could do the same thing I would be ecstatic (even if there is some clipping, LOL)!!!!

BTW I think it's awesome that there are still fans of this game this long after its release, and I have to give you guys some HUGE PROPS for making these efforts to mod the game! I wish I had the time and ability to help with the projects, but at least I can lend you guys the support of my praise of your work! :)

Keep up the good work guys!!! :)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2010-04-24 01:43:07 »
Well timu is in charge of the cast, but in my opinion we should stay with chibi

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2010-04-24 06:07:48 »

Would you guys be willing to convert your battle models to field models and release them along with the chibi models? I respect keeping true to the original game with the chibi models, but I prefer the more realistically proportioned battle models (especially during dialogue "cutscenes" using the field models).  I love the battle model-->field model mod in the remix patch, so if you guys could do the same thing I would be ecstatic (even if there is some clipping, LOL)!!!!

BTW I think it's awesome that there are still fans of this game this long after its release, and I have to give you guys some HUGE PROPS for making these efforts to mod the game! I wish I had the time and ability to help with the projects, but at least I can lend you guys the support of my praise of your work! :)

Team avalanche will be releasing only chibi field models. If you want ot have mini- fullscale people running around a world sized for midgets, you can modify the battle models yourself, the info you need is available on the forum. If you plan on releasing it, make sure to contact us, and get proper approval and permission.... or else we'll send hellbringer after you:P

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2010-04-24 14:56:25 »
Wait, are you guys talking about field or world map?  I agree completely with world map chibi but I think it looks quite out of proportion in the field when everything is sized realistically (except the head and body of characters).

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2010-04-24 15:53:49 »

Team avalanche will be releasing only chibi field models. If you want ot have mini- fullscale people running around a world sized for midgets, you can modify the battle models yourself, the info you need is available on the forum. If you plan on releasing it, make sure to contact us, and get proper approval and permission.... or else we'll send hellbringer after you:P

-gets in a ninja mech suit- i'm ready boss! :P

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #117 on: 2010-04-24 16:13:11 »
Wait, are you guys talking about field or world map?  I agree completely with world map chibi but I think it looks quite out of proportion in the field when everything is sized realistically (except the head and body of characters).
Actually, the animations and skeletons were created specifically for the chibi models. So to get the "proper proportion" models working properly on the field screens, we'd have to completely reanimate every animation.

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2010-04-25 01:28:08 »
Well the PRP isn't chibi (no huge heads) and the text cutscenes work flawlessly.  I just don't like the originals because the field backgrounds are proportioned to real life and the original field models are not.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2010-04-25 04:17:10 »
All the battle models will be correctly proportioned, so if you want an identical field model, just port it yourself.  It takes 15 minutes max.  30 if it's your first time.

side note: I hate chibi models

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2010-04-25 04:28:28 »
I hate Chibi, but I feel that playing without it now would just be a far too substantial difference, in that I would notice it and compare it to memory constantly, from the start of the game to the end. That would be pretty immersion breaking.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2010-04-25 08:47:41 »
So far, while using "not so chibi" models from Remix patch, the only time the animations got screwed was when Bugenhagen sucked the lifestream of a planet in Cosmo Canyon.

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2010-04-25 10:58:07 »
I'm not saying use ported battle models (though I like the concept I know the skeletons hate it).  I'm just saying don't make the models look like this:

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #123 on: 2010-04-25 11:39:10 »
So far, while using "not so chibi" models from Remix patch, the only time the animations got screwed was when Bugenhagen sucked the lifestream of a planet in Cosmo Canyon.
The animations don't really get "screwed", but i don't think this is a very realistic stance for a person at all. In fact, I think the image as a whole just looks really quite ugly, but then that's my own opinion. But it carrys into motion as well. Characters still move and act like their bodies are proportioned like chibi models(Actually, we should stop saying chibi, the style actually used in FF7 is super deformed, I think :P) and so because of that, The animations just really arent natural.

Since there are so many people who dislike the original SD/Chibi/Whateverthehellitis style, I wouldn't be against you all starting a small side project to correct the animations for use with the more realistically proportioned models. In fact, I'd love to see how that turns out - probably would be more of a PRP spin-off rather than a TA spin-off, though.

EDIT: On closer inspection, the example I gave looks absolutely nothing like how cloud is supposed to look. Isn't that the whole point of trying to get the realistically proportioned ported to the field? The body and crotch parts are way to big, and the leg parts are the wrong size and... yeah, you get my drift. In my humble opinion, It's definately a pointless endevour unless the animations and skeletons are changed.

EDIT2: Speaking of field animations, I wonder if it's theoretically possible to add new bones onto skeletons so that more detail can be given to animations...Then again, I wonder if it's not beyond the realms of imagination to somehow get mesh deformation into FF7, at least in battle - That could be very interesting

...[/url]
« Last Edit: 2010-04-25 11:54:18 by NCS »

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2010-04-25 13:45:07 »
Would it be possible to port FF8 field animation system? I mean the field models from there are like the battle models.