Author Topic: ff7 snowboarding and other problems  (Read 2228 times)

The htodog man

ff7 snowboarding and other problems
« on: 2005-04-28 03:48:42 »
Recently i've been replaing Final Fantasy 7 and everything was working great, I got all the patches and everything

A few days ago I had to do a fresh reinstall due to an accidental deletion of half the game files on my comp so I figured what th hey it'll all work fine like it always ued to.  Boy was I wrong, all sorts of problems popped up, crashes, gridlines in the fort condore battle, and so on.  I got the rivatuner thinking it'd maybe help me out so far it seems ok but i still have the following problems, slight lag in scene change weather it be going to another room, cutscene, battle, etc, gridlines in fort condore bottle, maybe some other places I haven't checked yet, I went to gold sauser and tried to play snowboarding minigame and it crashed before it could start, i'm sure none of the other mini games will work either.  I'm begining to get the feeling it all hapened because of the rivatuner, is there a way to resotre the settings that the graphics card used to be on before riva tweaking?

Just for reverence's sake I have a GeForce ti 4200, any other info you may need please ask  Thanks in advance.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #1 on: 2005-04-29 19:25:31 »
I don't think Rivatuner would cause such problems.... but even if it did it's just a matter of putting the options to whatever you changed them from.

But if you want to restore you Drivers.... Just reinstall the Driver. All Rivatuner does is hack into the Video Driver. And Rivatuner usually only works, if the database is up to date, with the Video Driver your using. It usually breaks with newer drivers, until the guy makes a new database file for it... And I'm not even sure if he still doesn that, or not. Haven't used Rivatuner in a long time.....or FF7PC for that matter.

The htodog man

« Reply #2 on: 2005-04-29 20:40:08 »
Ah thanks for the help, I rebooted ff7 a few times and it turns out the snowboarding will crash once and then the next time(s) around it won't I really don't know what it's doing but I guess I can make due.  Also another question about the game in general how do I race my own chocobo in the races, all I know is I can bet on them but i'm looking to acutaly race.  Thanks again.