Author Topic: DoS attack  (Read 39646 times)

Synergy Blades

DoS attack
« Reply #25 on: 2004-06-14 18:41:21 »

KBytes per Day:
avg: 246134
max: 1639716 (this would be about 1.6 GB would it not? This does say KB per day?)

Then lower is June 11 Stats
707373 48.70%
241291 47.64%
230599 58.75%
140 7.03%
268 9.49%
1639716 51.25% (The 1.6 GB again, only on June 11?)

Surely you just contradicted your argument as those stats prove quite clearly how much bandwidth was wasted and when. 1.6GB of bandwidth was generated on June 11th, yes. Also, 554563KB was generated on the 10th, and 615603KB on the 12th. That's nearly 3GB of traffic over three days. The 'max' KB per day is an indicator of the most KB sent out in any one day - the 11th, as you said.

Rubicant?

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #26 on: 2004-06-14 22:39:18 »
You guys are stupid.  So Fuck off.  Believe what you want.  And no i didnt contradict myself.  I clearly stated 1.7 GB on June 11th and thats exactly what i posted.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
DoS attack
« Reply #27 on: 2004-06-14 22:42:52 »
Quote from: Golbez
You guys are stupid.  So f*** off.  Believe what you want.

Heh, thanks. I think I'll keep a copy of this discussion. ^_^

Oh, and maybe I should share this:

Quote from: Rubicant (AIM)
2004-06-15 00:29 Kucoru: Actually, our true intent was to increase the counter on the page to 666,000. We got so close, then your site shut down.

Anyways, that's now a semi-good reason to ban me. Good riddance.

Like before, I withheld the name of the second attacker, but now that Rubicant has openly admitted to his part as well there's no longer any need to.

Rubicant?

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #28 on: 2004-06-15 05:59:27 »
Yah your right Qhimm, he openly admitted it by sending you a PRIVATE message... Sooo open.... moron...

Quote from: Qhimm

Wow.. Qhimm you're sooo cool...  You can keep copies of stuff.  wow... I'm impressed...

in response to nori

[13:02] Me: and you told nori that she doesnt have a grudge against rubicant?
[13:07] Mofokubik: I seen it
[13:07] Mofokubik: I didn't care, I just wanted her off of my back
[13:08] Me: well you saying that
[13:08] Me: she posted it
[13:08] Mofokubik: Motherfuckign bitch

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
DoS attack
« Reply #29 on: 2004-06-15 06:09:29 »
Yah your right Qhimm, he openly admitted it by sending you a PRIVATE message... Sooo open.... moron...
Quote from: Moron

Well put it this way.  You tell everyon to fuck off and then call the admin a moron.  What hopes do you have of staying a part of this community in any way shape or form?

Becoause I can tell you now.  Whaterve hop you had has now been decimated.

Rubicant?

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #30 on: 2004-06-15 06:14:40 »
I had hopes of staying here??? ROFL!!!

Darkdevil

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #31 on: 2004-06-15 06:18:30 »
This is absaloutly pathetic.

Oh well in the end it's another groupie for Mofo and Rubi, and another asshat that needs to be banned.  Goodbye.

J*** H*******

DoS attack
« Reply #32 on: 2004-06-15 06:44:22 »
Rubicant?

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #33 on: 2004-06-15 06:50:37 »
Seems you are the moron Jari, but I already knew that.  Your "3rd definition": 'completely free from concealment'  Well now... If it was COMPLETELY free from concealment, that would mean... not sent to 1 person now wouldn't?

Messiah99

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #34 on: 2004-06-15 07:20:44 »
Is anyone going to get upset at a newbie for saying that this has gotten petty? Qhimm posts information about an attack that brought the site down for a time, and a certain someone gets pissy about it. And now its not even about that anymore, its just a series of attacks about whatever comes to mind from the last thing that was said. Please people, someone here (you all know who) has gotten to all of you, and I dont blame any of you for that, but dont sink to their level please, let him run his mouth, and prove him wrong, but dont feed him anything else to go on, please.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
DoS attack
« Reply #35 on: 2004-06-15 07:39:46 »
Seems you are the moron Jari, but I already knew that.  Your "3rd definition": 'completely free from concealment'  Well now... If it was COMPLETELY free from concealment, that would mean... not sent to 1 person now wouldn't?

Yes, well, in closing let me just say I love your style of arguing by constantly shooting yourself in the foot with every other sentence. I doubt you'll read this however, as I think I've played along long enough. Bye.

Jedimark

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #36 on: 2004-06-15 07:41:35 »
Bye Bye Golbez :P

Edit: haha.. Qhimm banned you while I was posting this message

Darkdevil

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #37 on: 2004-06-15 14:17:58 »
Quote from: Messiah99
dont feed him anything else to go on, please.

GAH!" once again I forgot my motto of "Please dont feed the trolls"

Nori

• View Profile
Edit: 08
« Reply #38 on: 2004-06-15 15:14:06 »
Edit:
in response to nori

[13:02] Me: and you told nori that she doesnt have a grudge against rubicant?
[13:07] Mofokubik: I seen it
[13:07] Mofokubik: I didn't care, I just wanted her off of my back
[13:08] Me: well you saying that
[13:08] Me: she posted it
[13:08] Mofokubik: Motherfuckign b*tch
That's too bad Murphy (Mofokubik)
Robert (Golbez)、 左様なら。

eerrrr

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #39 on: 2004-06-15 15:14:13 »
Poor kid, dug himself so deep he couldn't see the light.

As for comparing him or the attackers with Joey, Joey wasn't half as bad.  He lied and stuff, but didn't attack the site or its members IIRC.  Golbez is just a kid.... or a moron, with no understanding of what an argument is, or possibly no understanding in anything at all.
As for Mofo and Rubicant, I'm surprised they sank this low.  Refreshing to get the counter to 666k is even sadder than the guy who wants to reach level 99 in the first reactor.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #40 on: 2004-06-15 15:27:23 »
And now we have another thread on what not to do on the qhimm.com forums.
*sigh*

eerrrr

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #41 on: 2004-06-15 16:47:55 »
Nori just pointed this out to me.... http://donate.qhimm.com/
That's right, Golbez donated today.  I imagine he did it after the ban, considering his attitude before.  Though I can't imagine it has anything to do with the ban since he'd already shown his feelings about staying.  Perhaps he realised that Mofo and Rubicant's acts did cost Qhimm, or maybe he donated it on their behalf.  I'm baffled.

Edit (Reply to Qhimm): Alright alright!  How was I meant to know? -_-

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
DoS attack
« Reply #42 on: 2004-06-15 16:56:30 »
Almost makes one consider banning more people...  :wink:

Note: This being Golbez' first offense, I've decided to reduce the ban to the customary warning. This is still a strong warning however, and his behaviour in the near future will determine if the ban will return. Consider it a brief period of probation.

And no, this has nothing to do with him donating money; pardons can't be bought ;)

Rubicant?

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #43 on: 2004-06-15 17:40:03 »
I did it on their behalf because it did cost Qhimm money and because I'm sorry for flaming like that.  I have not had a good week.  Ignore everything I said.  I found out this week horrible news so I have been in a horrible mood.  So I AM AN ASS.  Now leave me be...

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
DoS attack
« Reply #44 on: 2004-06-16 06:02:01 »
I did it on their behalf because it did cost Qhimm money and because I'm sorry for flaming like that.  I have not had a good week.  Ignore everything I said.  I found out this week horrible news so I have been in a horrible mood.  So I AM AN ASS.  Now leave me be...

I thought you were banned?

Anyway, yes hearing horrible news is a great excuse to fly off the handle and lash out at those around you..

In fact flaming on a forum, and trying to raise the counter on a site after you are banned from it are great signs of maturity..

This is exactly what you did, and here is an analogy..

You beat the shit out of your wife because you haven't had a good week, and just found out horrible news. Does buying her flowers make it all better?

I will say though that your flowers were a nice gesture.

J*** H*******

DoS attack
« Reply #45 on: 2004-06-16 06:47:55 »
Messiah99

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #46 on: 2004-06-16 06:50:25 »
Quote from: Caddberry
I thought you were banned?

Anyway, yes hearing horrible news is a great excuse to fly off the handle and lash out at those around you..

In fact flaming on a forum, and trying to raise the counter on a site after you are banned from it are great signs of maturity..

This is exactly what you did, and here is an analogy..

You beat the sh*t out of your wife because you haven't had a good week, and just found out horrible news. Does buying her flowers make it all better?

Well, Im gonna play devils advocate here for just a second. I'll start with the easiest first.

The counter was not him, if was Rubi and Mofo, and a donation was made because that did cost Qhimm money, that doesnt change that it was done, but I think that does account for a reparation, Rubi and Mofo were not unbanned for that, but I think if the donation was equal or greater than the monitary cost of the attack, then all that was lost was time, and thats in the past. So if that can be that, we shall move on.

As for the flaming, yes he did, he admits that, and Caddberry, youre quite right, bad news is no excuse to not be civil, but let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I think weve all lost our temper at one time or another. No, it doesnt make it right, but on the other hand, he was banned for this one thing, and Qhimm made the decision to reduce that ban to a warning, and I dont see that as innappropriate.

So I think that as long as this scenario isnt repeated, if he remains civil, knowing that if he acts otherwise punishment wont be reduced the next time, then there shouldnt be any more problems. I dont mean look over this incident, but then how many times did you all say Rubi should have been banned? Give him another chance, everyone deserves that right?

Quote from: Caddberry
I will say though that your flowers were a nice gesture.

Yea, they's purdy.  :oops: Haha.

J*** H*******

DoS attack
« Reply #47 on: 2004-06-16 07:44:49 »
Messiah99

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #48 on: 2004-06-16 07:58:12 »
Quote from: Jari Huttunen
but let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Does that mean that I don't have to obey laws, because there's no police in the whole world who's decent enough to arrest me? :P Ie. biblical references have somewhat limited use in real world.

My apologies, I think that was misunderstood, what I mean to say is that its not up to we the average people to make that judgement. But when a person is in a position specifically for the purpose of making those decisions (be they admin or mod online or an officer or goverment worker in the real world) it is their place to do so, which also comes with the fact that they should be treated more harshly if they are the ones at fault, because its their responsibility to see that others dont. All I mean is that its up to Qhimm and whomever he trusts to be a mod or admin to make these calls.

Quote from: Jari Huttunen
and Qhimm made the decision to reduce that ban to a warning, and I dont see that as innappropriate.

Which wouldn't even matter; this is not a democracy.

True, its not my decision either, I never meant that it was, my apologies again if it seemed that way. I just meant that I dont have any disagreement with that decision, and if I did, I know it wouldnt be an issue as this is not my site.

Rubicant?

• View Profile
DoS attack
« Reply #49 on: 2004-06-16 08:41:24 »
to quote you Cadd, it actually involves my ex-fiancee giving me a beating, and now I cannot have kids... and she is denying it all...  so yes.  I could be having surgery in 2 weeks if all the drugs im on dont do anything for me...