Author Topic: Strange bug  (Read 5790 times)

jemy000

• View Profile
Strange bug
« on: 2014-10-21 03:35:52 »
I set up ff7 using the old windows cds and and tifa's bootlegger, and everything was dandy until I got to Junon.  I got to the area right after you use the dolphin to climb the tower and arrive next to the airship.  Now I've looked this up in half a dozen FAQs and I know I'm supposed to use the yellow box to the south to lower an elevator and continue.  However when I click on the box the screen moves down slightly, flashes black for a fraction of a second, then nothing else happens.  Has anyone seen or heard of a bug like this before?  My googling turned up nothing.  Any ideas on how to fix it, or even bypass the elevator? 

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: Strange bug
« Reply #1 on: 2014-10-21 10:56:47 »
I've never seen that before. Might be a scratch in your CDs (this kind of bug happened to me a few times). When you hit the yellow box, a FMV is supposed to play, then brings you to the same screen with the elevator lowered. Have you tried going off the elevator as if it was down even though it's up? If all else fails, what mods did you install?

I deleted your duplicate topics. I don't know what's up with the forums lately, but it's been doing that a lot.

jemy000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-10-21 19:11:10 »
I'm glad you noted that a FMV is supposed to play.  I think that may be related.  I did a pretty feature-light mod setup specifically because I thought it would minimize the chance of something like this happening, and I chose 'no change' for the FMV sequences.   On my playthrough the FMVs haven't been playing at all.  I've just been watching them on youtube.  Other stuff I used includes all the PRP classic avatars, bootlegged models, team avalanche textures, PNG battles, and Scene Redux - better steal.  (I have no idea what this really does, but stealing has annoyed me enough in past ff games that I decided I'd take a boost.)

I'm guessing the next step here is going to be reinstalling with a different FMV option but I'll wait for the 2nd opinion.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-10-21 20:05:55 »
Actually, it may seem like your movies aren't in the proper folder. Are they in the "movies" folder, in your FF7 install? If that folder is empty, you may need to copy them over from the disks themselves.

jemy000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-10-21 23:42:45 »
This fixed the elevator problem and the FMV problem.  Thanks a bunch for your help Vgr!  :D

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-10-22 00:25:49 »
You're welcome.