Author Topic: SUCCESFULLY MODDED BY ME Final Fantasy 8 steam version EN.exe  (Read 8501 times)

tizzio

• View Profile
The link to download the modded FF8_EN.exe modded by me :

No, we share patches, not pre-modded files. We're not trying to get in trouble for copyright infringement, here. ~Covarr

What i managed to modify so far :
infinite magics and items in battle , infinite items in the main items menu ( except magic lamp , solomon ring and edea's letter but those items don't need to be infinite ) , infinite items and cards in the " Ability " menu , money don't decrease buying weapons and items , limitbreaks always active at level of crisis 4 , i hope someone will try this modded exe and let me know if problems occur , careful when farming items in the " Ability " section , always keep at least one unit of the item you are using or it will dissappear , i still have to find the string responsable of that.

Now , all i have done was to open the exe with HxD and put " 90 " in the strings that i found with cheat engine to prevent the game from subtract magics , items , cards , money , as for the limit breaks i have to thank JWP from this site who posted the required values and the corresponding value to set perpetual limitbreaks ( http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16987.msg241538#msg241538 ) .

I am still unable to patch the exe with this method for values like those of stats , card locations , card game and treading rules , values to fill the items menu , that's because HxD don't find addresses and strings that start with 01C , 01CC etc , unless i open the running exe ( with HxD is Shift+Crtl+R ) , the problem is that opening the exe in that way don't allow me to permanently save the modifications , i hope someone will tell me how can i solve this problem so i will be able to post a fully modded exe to share :D
« Last Edit: 2016-12-29 20:36:16 by Covarr »

eXistenZe

• View Profile
What exactly is the point of this? The game is already too easy... We need hardcore mods, not cheats.

Also it's illegal to share the game's files.

tizzio

• View Profile
Post removed.

No. Offering to do something we don't allow by email is just as against the rules as giving the link directly. Make a patch, or go somewhere else to distribute your mod. Those are your choices. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2016-12-29 20:54:46 by Covarr »

tizzio

• View Profile
What exactly is the point of this? The game is already too easy... We need hardcore mods, not cheats.

Also it's illegal to share the game's files.

like it or not there are people who like to play with cheats , they are just people with different predilections compared to you , so show some respect and learn to ignore a post that show something you don't like , for example , i don't appreciate to play without cheats and clearly i don't appreciate mods that make the game harder , but still i am respectful and i don't go in those posts to complain

tizzio

• View Profile
@Covarr oh well , i am trying to do something to help people who like to cheat and this is what i get ? stupid excuses to prevent me to do that ? well you will surely get what you deserve some day

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Use HextCompare on my Hext Tools thread to compare an original exe with your new one - then post the resulting changes.  The resulting file can be used by HextLaunch - or my new ddraw.dll file soon to be released - to edit memory. If you want the file to be edited, Hextedit can be used instead.

Although, to be honest, I am not even sure of the legal status of shipping files.  I don't see the issue myself, since without those files coming with all the other files - and the main executable being cracked among other changes - there is ZERO chance they will work.

If Square are against shipping uncracked files - then they'd be just as against patches. They seem to me to be only concerned when their game can be played without buying it - something your file clearly doesn't infringe upon.

But,  hey, I don't make the rules :P
« Last Edit: 2016-12-29 21:05:09 by DLPB »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
I told you how to post it: MAKE A PATCH. There's several ways to do that, but the idea is that the patch only contains the changes, but none of the original exe data. It's not hard to make an xdelta or bdiff patch at all, or as DLPB suggested, his own Hext Tools.

well you will surely get what you deserve some day
You know what I will get? This site not shut down by Square Enix for copyright infringement. Our rules are strict, but they are the only thing that keeps us out of legal trouble. I would much rather err on the side of overcaution than let us get in trouble and the whole Qhimm.com community dies as a result.

tizzio

• View Profile
I told you how to post it: MAKE A PATCH. There's several ways to do that, but the idea is that the patch only contains the changes, but none of the original exe data. It's not hard to make an xdelta or bdiff patch at all, or as DLPB suggested, his own Hext Tools.
You know what I will get? This site not shut down by Square Enix for copyright infringement. Our rules are strict, but they are the only thing that keeps us out of legal trouble. I would much rather err on the side of overcaution than let us get in trouble and the whole Qhimm.com community dies as a result.

i am not an hacker so i can't create a patch -.- , in any case , good excuses , really creative lol

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
Use HextCompare on my Hext Tools thread to compare an original exe with your new one - then post the resulting changes.  The resulting file can be used by HextLaunch - or my new ddraw.dll file soon to be released - to edit memory. If you want the file to be edited, Hextedit can be used instead.

Although, to be honest, I am not even sure of the legal status of shipping files.  I don't see the issue myself, since without those files coming with all the other files - and the main executable being cracked among other changes - there is ZERO chance they will work.

If Square are against shipping uncracked files - then they'd be just as against patches. They seem to me to be only concerned when their game can be played without buying it - something your file clearly doesn't infringe upon.

But,  hey, I don't make the rules :P

This is one of the most helpful posts I've seen in a while.  Thanks for giving him an avenue for his mod.  I messaged him earlier and brought up HextLaunch, but I have no idea what you're up to with ddraw.dll...? 

On that note, I was just about to make a new FF8 mods video tutorial, and I wanted to include Maki's UV fix (and probably RaW) as part of my video instructions, which would currently require a very basic HextLaunch insertion tutorial - but should I wait on ddraw.dll for that?
EDIT: made a new post for this question
« Last Edit: 2016-12-29 21:16:34 by Mcindus »

Madison23

• View Profile
This is one of the most helpful posts I've seen in a while.  Thanks for giving him an avenue for his mod.  I messaged him earlier and brought up HextLaunch, but I have no idea what you're up to with ddraw.dll...? 
I would imagine this article about phenq review will help you decided wether you should use phenq or not if this place were to get shut down. If you applied this same logic to -any- other modding community it would be gutted, broken, and just plain not productive. I always encourage Admin and staff to take into account their surroundings. When this "rule" was introduced it came at a time of confusion of one site being shut down. Where modding a game wasn't really the norm or even commonplace

On that note, I was just about to make a new FF8 mods video tutorial, and I wanted to include Maki's UV fix (and probably RaW) as part of my video instructions, which would currently require a very basic HextLaunch insertion tutorial - but should I wait on ddraw.dll for that?
EDIT: made a new post for this question

Yeah thats what i am wondering whats the thing with ddraw.ddl ? for some reason my antivirus is flagging it.
« Last Edit: 2017-01-13 06:13:17 by Madison23 »

Mako

• View Profile
Making a patch is very simple, no coding needed. If you need help let me know. As for the copyright stuff that has sort of a history here. It was the result of one moderator at the times knee jerk reaction to protect the site. Since then Admin has thus echoed the same opinions of that moderator and banned all seemingly copyright related material.

In truth if they really wanted to shut down this site they could. Heck even the Admin's Avatar it technically copyright infringement. :P Mass dissemination and distribution of images would be the default thing to point to I would imagine if this place were to get shut down. If you applied this same logic to -any- other modding community it would be gutted, broken, and just plain not productive. I always encourage Admin and staff to take into account their surroundings. When this "rule" was introduced it came at a time of confusion of one site being shut down. Where modding a game wasn't really the norm or even commonplace. Here in 2017 not only is it embraced but encouraged. Even Resident Evil's 4 director says he plays with mods. This is at a time where Square is trying to earn back fan favor, shutting down a long community that they themselves have benefited off of is the total opposite of their goals right now.

Every year I think I plead my case to no avail though. LOL

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Making a patch is very simple, no coding needed. If you need help let me know.
A bit late for that; tizzio created a second account to get around his warn level. As a result, both accounts were banned.

Mako

• View Profile
Well darn... sigh....

march

• View Profile
Making a patch is very simple, no coding needed. If you need help let me know. As for the copyright stuff that has sort of a history here. It was the result of one moderator at the times knee jerk reaction to protect the site. Since then Admin has thus echoed the same opinions of that moderator and banned all seemingly copyright related material.

In truth if they really wanted to shut down this site they could. Heck even the Admin's Avatar it technically copyright infringement. :P Mass dissemination and distribution of images would be the default thing to point to I would imagine if this place were to get shut down. If you applied this same logic to -any- other modding community it would be gutted, broken, and just plain not productive. I always encourage Admin and staff to take into account their surroundings. When this "rule" was introduced it came at a time of confusion of one site being shut down. Where modding a game wasn't really the norm or even commonplace. Here in 2017 not only is it embraced but encouraged. Even Resident Evil's 4 director says he plays with mods. This is at a time where Square is trying to earn back fan favor, shutting down a long community that they themselves have benefited off of is the total opposite of their goals right now.

Every year I think I plead my case to no avail though. LOL

i am interested in know how to create a patch , also , i need your tips and informations to find a certain type of value and change it properly :D : http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17644.new#new