Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (2.0.0)  (Read 465902 times)

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.7.2)
« Reply #725 on: 2017-02-28 04:21:48 »
I would love if there was a macro in this to allow all boxes to me placed as far to the bottom left as possible. Maybe all boxes of ID X placed wherever you choose. It would help a ton for my Subtitle mod.  I agree to the auto-size all thing too.

On a side note. I'm using the reunion/because with menu overhaul on, but even if a box is auto-sized there is still a huge gap o the right end. And solution i don't know about for this?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 2017-02-28 12:45:03 »
Your best bet is to use ts which can autosize all dialogue just with a simple decode encode.

Until Mystere adds any option, the best way to subtitle is to use ts - then create a program to add #cy 230 to every entry. (#cy 230 will set Y to 230 and centre X).

That's how I'd do it, but I appreciate not everyone could create such a program.  Still it wouldn't be that big of an issue. You'd just add a search for '-------------------' then add the info on the line below it.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-28 16:25:01 by DLPB »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #727 on: 2017-02-28 21:48:04 »
Yeah i remember you telling me that before. I did try it but even with your instructions i couldn't grasp it. I know it's easy but i had no luck. Just one of them things haha

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 2017-03-18 08:58:46 »
Correction to Akao documentation. I've been testing it in the PSX version to avoid any errors brought on by PC port.  I was also notified by someone that field code allows for multiple effects to be played at the same time (like the Summon effects in battle). This isn't working in PC version.  I did some digging, and here are the amendments:

OPERATION 0x20:

The parameter is assigned to a channel. Since operation 0x20 can only take one parameter, it is in fact no different to operation 0x28.

OPERATION 0x21:

Allows 2 effects to be played using channel 1 and channel 2. This is simply a short-hand way of using operation 0x28 and 0x29.

param1=Panning,
param2=Effect ID for channel 1
param3= Effect ID for channel 2

OPERATION 0x22:

Allows 3 effects to be played using channel 1, channel 2, and channel 3. This is a short-hand way of using operation 0x28, 0x29 and 0x2A.

param1=Panning,
param4= Effect ID for channel 3

OPERATION 0x23:

Allows 4 effects to be played using channel 1, channel 2, channel 3, and channel 4. This is a short-hand way of using operation 0x28, 0x29, 0x2A, and 0x2B.

param1=Panning,
param5= Effect ID for channel 4

You see how ridiculous this is?  It's just to save every last byte in some really crappy way.  Again. Just confusing and useless.  If not using my DLL, you can fix these broken OPERATIONs by just using the working counterparts.  I.e., for operation 0x23, you'd use 0x28, 0x29, 0x2A, and 0x2B to set the 4 effects.

It's not even like 0x21,22,23 were even needed.  They could have just checked to see if an argument was zero and then skipped if so - but stupidly they use 0 for the "stop effect".

OPERATION 0x30

Play a sound effect on channel #4, and ignore operation 0xF1 [param1=Panning, param2=Effect ID]

http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF7/Field/Script/Opcodes/F2_AKAO

Updated. I think that's everything now.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-18 10:29:52 by DLPB »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 2017-03-18 13:50:19 »
OPERATION 0x23:

Allows 4 effects to be played using channel 1, channel 2, channel 3, and channel 4. This is a short-hand way of using operation 0x28, 0x29, 0x2A, and 0x2B.

param1=Panning,
param5= Effect ID for channel 4

You see how ridiculous this is?  It's just to save every last byte in some really crappy way.  Again. Just confusing and useless.  If not using my DLL, you can fix these broken OPERATIONs by just using the working counterparts.  I.e., for operation 0x23, you'd use 0x28, 0x29, 0x2A, and 0x2B to set the 4 effects.

It's not even like 0x21,22,23 were even needed.  They could have just checked to see if an argument was zero and then skipped if so - but stupidly they use 0 for the "stop effect".

When I was trying to fix the observatory SFX, the first thing I tried to do was ditch the Akao 23 and put the SFX onto four separate channels but the same issue occurred; the 4th SFX would override the other 3 and be the only audible sound. There must be something about the SFX files themselves that's causing the problem; the function itself I think might be OK as it works under certain conditions when using other SFX.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2017-03-18 21:13:53 »
Are you sure that there isn't any other effect playing?  A normal "play effect" uses channel #1 for example.

If it is the sfx, I can check that too.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 2017-03-18 21:41:44 »
A silly question from my side, but what if the sound buffer of the game is to small? Though it really is only an idea which springs into my mind. I mean we shouldn't forget that the PCs at that time weren't so potential as they are now.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-19 02:06:59 by Kaldarasha »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 2017-03-19 00:51:48 »
A silly question from my side, but what if the sound buffer of the game is to small? Though it really is only an idea which springs into my mind. I mean we shouldn't forget that the PC at the time weren't so potential as they are now.

Could be; the SFX in the observatory are all 1min+ in length but when I used SFX that were only a couple seconds in length it seemed to work okay.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 2017-03-19 05:59:25 »
I can't see the sound buffer being the issue.  Buffers are always super small.  The data is streamed from a file.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 2017-05-08 22:57:09 »

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #735 on: 2017-05-09 19:41:12 »
Critical issue here, I will take a look.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 2017-05-09 21:11:07 »
It's looking more and more like my fault to be honest haha.  But let me know if you can see any addition operations in the file (by looking at hex) that should not be there. Should only be 100 or so addition ops in group 11. 

edit.

Oh, ok, something is up.  Phew.  Thought I'd made a right mess of that.  ;D

Also note to people:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2j4obqt.jpg

This is the general way that the field script works in game.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-11 07:25:52 by DLPB »

DanTsukasa

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 2017-07-05 05:15:50 »
Love the tool, I searched around inside to see if its possible to export the walkmeshes as obj or fbx files, but I couldn't find anything.
I also couldn't find a way to export the backgrounds complete with their animated parts.
Deiling for FF8 also had the same things, so it might just be something you aren't personally interested in doing, or maybe its an planned feature.
Or (and this could be quite likely...) I'm just completely missing a really simple option somewhere.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #738 on: 2017-07-05 15:26:41 »
I searched around inside to see if its possible to export the walkmeshes as obj or fbx files, but I couldn't find anything.

There is a walkmesh editor included and it is very full featured, but even after learning it can be tricky. The game requires defining what triangle edge leads into what triangle. so for example line 2-3 of triangle 53 leads into triangle 54, and to get back line 1-2 of 54 leads into 53. So not only does each point of the triangle have an x,y,z but also the edges have to be set. I'm fairly certain that an obj wouldn't have this information when you imported it back into the field file and you would still have to define all those edges. But if it could be worked out that would be a nice feature to have.

I also couldn't find a way to export the backgrounds complete with their animated parts.

To export all the background layers export the files using the tool Palmer, then edit the png files with an image editor. After making your changes you use palmer to generate the modpath texture to get the changes in game. The palmer links seem to be dead, but I'm sure you can find it somewhere or someone can re-upload it.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #739 on: 2017-07-05 18:02:53 »
This is a want-to-do feature, here is the issue: https://github.com/myst6re/makoureactor/issues/17

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #740 on: 2017-07-05 20:51:21 »
I'm not sure if I can post possible update ideas but I do have a possible improvement idea.

Any chance you can name as many of the Vars that we know  as standard. I know between dlpb and Sega they must have most of them. Could really help some people.

DanTsukasa

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 2017-07-06 05:35:28 »
There is a walkmesh editor included and it is very full featured, but even after learning it can be tricky. The game requires defining what triangle edge leads into what triangle. so for example line 2-3 of triangle 53 leads into triangle 54, and to get back line 1-2 of 54 leads into 53. So not only does each point of the triangle have an x,y,z but also the edges have to be set. I'm fairly certain that an obj wouldn't have this information when you imported it back into the field file and you would still have to define all those edges. But if it could be worked out that would be a nice feature to have.

Ah, my apologies, i didn't explain myself well, I'm interested in exporting the walkmesh and camera so that I have the perfect positioning to create 3D models of the areas but in much higher quality.
Its true that the data the game would use would be lost in an obj or FBX export, though it was only the camera position and walkmesh that I was interested in as a base to start creating 3D models from.

To export all the background layers export the files using the tool Palmer, then edit the png files with an image editor. After making your changes you use palmer to generate the modpath texture to get the changes in game. The palmer links seem to be dead, but I'm sure you can find it somewhere or someone can re-upload it.

I'll have a look for Palmer then, thankyou.

As mentioned above, I'm interested in remodelling things, but more for my own interests, I don't intend to create HD versions of the backgrounds for importing into the game at a later point in time.
I was interested in using the animated layers to create animated gifs like the album I did for FF9 (which recently got featured on Kotaku surprisingly enough), one exists for 7 but its still missing quite a lot of areas, and nothing exists for 8 or Chrono Cross, so I intend to go and do those like I did with IX.

[/quote]
This is a want-to-do feature, here is the issue: https://github.com/myst6re/makoureactor/issues/17

I see, that tickets been open for a while it seems. Thankyou for letting me know. I'm aware its probably lower on the list than many other features though, as less people are probably interested in it.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 2017-07-06 12:49:34 »
I'm not sure if I can post possible update ideas but I do have a possible improvement idea.

Any chance you can name as many of the Vars that we know  as standard. I know between dlpb and Sega they must have most of them. Could really help some people.

The best way to do so is to use external text or xml files which can be edited and shared by users. An extra folder would be perfect to have, so we can use multiple files as input (for the normal game vars and vars of mods). It might be also good to color imported var descriptions depending on their source, that way we have an overview from where the description comes from.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 2017-07-07 02:48:37 »
It's not really Myst6re's job to be naming all the vars anyway, since that's a lot of work and has nothing to do with the tool.  It's better to just use a database - like mine - or the wiki.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #744 on: 2017-07-07 12:34:51 »
The best way to do so is to use external text or xml files which can be edited and shared by users.

makou reactor does have a config file to store your varible names. its called vars.cfg. there is nothing stoping a group of users from naming all the vars in this file and sharing it. or even getting it put back into makou for distrubution with later releases. As for a folder with different versions of the file you can make one and name them stuff like vars_stock.cfg vars_mod1.cfg.. etc and when your ready to edit just move one of them to the makou folder re name it vars.cfg and do what you need to.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #745 on: 2017-07-08 01:01:46 »
Yeah it was just a suggestion. Not so much for me personally just an idea to throw out there for other people

EditorMaster

• Hex Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 2017-07-29 12:55:35 »
Can I save my change direct in ISO without black screen after start new game ?

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #747 on: 2017-09-23 05:16:01 »
Is there any way you can increase the amount of texts aloud in a certain area?
I've hit 255 and cant add any more. It's crucial for my project

Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 2017-09-28 19:47:38 »
Would it be possible to add a way to save a field script at a text file with the opcodes and arguments/parameters in text like http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF7/Field/Script/Opcodes
Example
GOLDu(15)
WAIT(30)

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #749 on: 2017-09-28 22:31:44 »
Is there any way you can increase the amount of texts aloud in a certain area?
I've hit 255 and cant add any more. It's crucial for my project

Nope, there is a fixed limit of one byte in MESSAGE opcode.

Would it be possible to add a way to save a field script at a text file with the opcodes and arguments/parameters in text like http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF7/Field/Script/Opcodes
Example
GOLDu(15)
WAIT(30)

With time, anything is possible :) Hum... I don't have this resource right now...