Author Topic: WIP a patch to convert new FF7 to old  (Read 112509 times)

Narzack

• View Profile
    • Not One Zombie
Re: WIP a patch to convert new FF7 to old
« Reply #150 on: 2012-09-08 19:49:49 »
That's fantastic.  I just need to find out where to put this bloody thing.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #151 on: 2012-09-08 20:05:51 »
Create a folder named save on the root of the install directory. Goes there

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2012-09-12 21:39:50 »
can u wildcard a path in the registry when checking?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2012-09-18 05:09:24 »
So, the patch worked great.  Super simple process.  But, now, I can't for the life of me find out where the save games are being stored.  Google hasn't helped me one whit. 

Using Windows 7, 64-bit, if that helps.

EDIT- Doesn't seem to be in the install directory, nor in My Documents-which has the 2012 saves.

Have you looked here?
C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII

kirikoro

« Reply #154 on: 2012-09-20 14:36:55 »
Hello,
Great tool! but i have a problem. When i start the game the game dont start and the ff7config dont work...
I've done all steps of the videotutorial.

I have windows 7 64bits
Thanks!

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2012-09-20 14:50:14 »
which video?

your issue may be solved quicker if you post in a more relevant thread

kirikoro

« Reply #156 on: 2012-09-20 14:56:58 »
which video?

your issue may be solved quicker if you post in a more relevant thread

what?  this thread is the trhead who makes the new ff7 to old ff7 :S

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2012-09-20 15:25:58 »
im assuming you ran the patch and bootleg and then tried to play. if thats what you did chances are the problem isnt with the patch. its with your bootleg install. so a more relevant thread would be the tutorial thread or the bootleg thread. this problem also happened here i believe. but the thread got sidetracked and the issue wasnt solved.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13615.0

this is the thread for the tutorial.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.175

kirikoro

« Reply #158 on: 2012-09-21 00:47:37 »
thank you very much for your help!, you are the best! thank you!

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2012-10-18 07:09:29 »
So I managed to get the ISO to work only one problem I can't use my keyboard.  So i'm stuck on the new game/continue? screen.  I also get an error about sound buffer.  I have my game installed in the c\games.  Should I move it to the original folder like program files regular one?

Edit: never mind was going off of new settings forgot the original controls where different.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-18 07:13:51 by genesis063 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #160 on: 2012-10-18 14:09:51 »
you prolly forgot to configure your sound stuff in ff7config

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2012-10-19 01:44:05 »
I just went in there just now and I don't see a way to set it up anyway else.

reddvii

« Reply #162 on: 2012-10-25 03:20:34 »
Can someone please clarify for me: What exactly does this patch do to the flevel file?

The reason I care is because the new v.1.05/1.06 of the game fixes a couple graphical glitches... such as Vincent's hopping on one leg during the scene where Aeris dies... and it fixes some of the translational errors... like the names of chocobo greens.

These are the new minor fixes that weren't in the old PC version and I'd very much like to have them during my game now. So will installing this patch revert that entire file? Or will running the patched ff7.exe still let me see the new fixes?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-25 03:23:08 by reddvii »

Adstus

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2013-06-02 06:26:11 »
I'm not sure if I should post this here since it hasn't had any new posts in a while, please tell me if I should ask in other place.

I first installed FF7 (The 2012 Re-Release) and it worked well, then I tried to use some mods and find out that most of them only work with the 1997 version, so I ended up in this thread. I downloaded the patch, installed it, and the game and mods worked perfectly.
But then I made a new installation of Windows 8 in my computer, installed all the drivers and the installed FF7 again, but when I try to use the patch it freezes at "Copying files to system/path" (or something like that) and I have to end the task with the Task Manager. However, the files (apparently) installed properly in the game directory, so I proceed to apply the reg file and use the FF7Configurator, it lets me use Aali's custom driver but won't let me change the resolution, then I configure ff7_opengl.cfg and open the game but it stays on a black screen and when I press a key it shows an error (it closes really fast, making impossible to read what it says) and then a warning giving the option to close the game.

I think that, since I reinstalled my OS, maybe there's a missing library or something, but I havo no idea which one could be.
Aside of that, I've tried almost everything and the same thing happens.

Thanks in advance!

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2013-06-02 11:30:34 »
Hi Adstus!

If indeed the conversion from old to new worked on your new win 8 build of FFVII, then my first suggestion would be to look again at the ff7config.exe utility Aali has made, it is the core of his patch. The tab it will open to by default should say Self Test passed and custom driver is working. There is no need to alter any options on that tab. Next step is VERY IMPORTANT and easy to miss or forget to reset if drivers are changed: Move to the sound tab and choose which sound driver to use. You may have options such as HDMI out or Speaker Jack. The Midi tab should be pre-configured correctly for you, but the sound tab is mandatory setup.

If I have misjudged your difficulty, please forgive. It is, of course, possible that the errors you encountered while attempting to use the conversion patch are the real source. I am only familiar with this process under windows XP and win 7.

I think once the conversion process is complete and you can verify that the game will run properly in its basic state, then you would want to run Bootleg, but if you just want to quickly change the resolution as a test after converting, ff7_opengl.cfg is indeed the correct file to make that change. Bootleg's Bootloader utility will allow you to more easily and quickly make changes to ff7_opengl.cfg.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-02 11:38:03 by Template »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2013-06-02 11:47:21 »
Hi Adstus,

I'm not familiar with Win8.
With Win7, it is necessary to disable UAC in this patch.
Maybe your problem is solved with turned the UAC off.

But you can also try out my FF7 game Converter.
This also works with UAC (under Win7).
I would be interested, if he also works under Win8 :-D

Adstus

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2013-06-05 21:35:18 »
Hi Adstus!

If indeed the conversion from old to new worked on your new win 8 build of FFVII, then my first suggestion would be to look again at the ff7config.exe utility Aali has made, it is the core of his patch. The tab it will open to by default should say Self Test passed and custom driver is working. There is no need to alter any options on that tab. Next step is VERY IMPORTANT and easy to miss or forget to reset if drivers are changed: Move to the sound tab and choose which sound driver to use. You may have options such as HDMI out or Speaker Jack. The Midi tab should be pre-configured correctly for you, but the sound tab is mandatory setup.

If I have misjudged your difficulty, please forgive. It is, of course, possible that the errors you encountered while attempting to use the conversion patch are the real source. I am only familiar with this process under windows XP and win 7.

I think once the conversion process is complete and you can verify that the game will run properly in its basic state, then you would want to run Bootleg, but if you just want to quickly change the resolution as a test after converting, ff7_opengl.cfg is indeed the correct file to make that change. Bootleg's Bootloader utility will allow you to more easily and quickly make changes to ff7_opengl.cfg.

I tried again doing what you said and it's the same.
It may be an error while patching, I guess. Because installation keeps freezing at the very end.
Hi Adstus,

I'm not familiar with Win8.
With Win7, it is necessary to disable UAC in this patch.
Maybe your problem is solved with turned the UAC off.

But you can also try out my FF7 game Converter.
This also works with UAC (under Win7).
I would be interested, if he also works under Win8 :-D

I've already tried your patch hoping that it could solve it, but when I run it the program can't detect the game's path, also tried changing it but is the same.

Thanks to both for the help!

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2013-06-06 15:25:50 »
ReddVii don't use patches past 1.02 because they are unofficial and create tons of problems with the things on this site.

insidious611

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2014-03-22 00:40:32 »
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm trying to use this so I can then install Reunion, but the installer got to what looks like 100% complete, is still saying "Copying files please wait", and appears to have frozen. Should I terminate it and see if it worked, should I run it again?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. The installer didn't actually *create* a Data\Kernel directory before trying to xcopy into it, so xcopy was waiting for input on whether the destination was a file or directory, input that obviously was never going to come. :P
« Last Edit: 2014-03-22 00:56:44 by insidious611 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #169 on: 2014-03-22 01:34:11 »
This is out of date anyways. Use this updated converted: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14047.0