Author Topic: WIP Tifa  (Read 78819 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: WIP Tifa
« Reply #125 on: 2012-10-18 22:38:25 »
I have that pic as a reminder that Cloud is stupid and doesn't know what he's missing.

Nice one ;)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #126 on: 2012-10-18 23:11:13 »
I have the same pic to substitute the silly story of FF7 and have an actually nice couple

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2012-10-19 08:31:03 »
Sorry guys my tifa model is on hold while i'm working on this:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13777.0

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #128 on: 2012-11-20 18:00:48 »
You should make a preliminary release of this model, just in case.
Because all of someone else's models just went under due to Hard Drive failure.
I'd hate for anything else to get lost like that.
« Last Edit: 2012-12-10 19:46:41 by Mirrorman95 »

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2012-11-21 08:34:54 »
Hey guys, just wanted to weigh in on this thread a little..

i've known GodGundam for... jeeze must be going on 10 years or so now! he's been a long term member of the Earths Special Forces mod team (the same place i started my career), and we worked together briefly on MechMod many moons ago.

if he's anything like me now, then he's likely just insanely busy and hasn't been able to return to working on Tifa. i'm not trying to make excuses, ultimately it's up to him to touch base. but speaking as a freelance artist, there have been times i've been so busy i haven't even been able to eat or sleep regularly, let alone be sociable or work on personal stuff. it's only recently i started saying NO to jobs, and YES to my own work.

I'll try to reach out to him and see if he can at least close the issue of whether or not he's going to continue working on her or not. but i wouldn't hold your breath... if you want my honest opinion? when people started posting ripped/illegal shit in this thread, he probably held his hands up and said "fuck this!" and i can't really blame him for that.

and then as i read through the thread, i saw this...

yea it was referenced off that first pic i had shown. Like i said i don't own that game and i don't actually know how to rip models either,
This is my actual job in real life to model from photographs as well as doing animation and texturing is piss easy as iv'e been doing art since i was 6 years old.

man, i'd love to know where you work, if everything you've posted on this forum so far is an example of the standard you work at, and your attitude towards it, then i have some serious doubts as to your credentials.

anywho, i read

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2012-12-10 15:46:57 »
Ya.I can appreciate people being busy seeing how i am as well. Rarely get the time to simply play. Never mind coming online to the forums and discussing things and attempt to learn modelling.

Though i really appreciate how much works gone into the Tifa model. I agree with someone here who said she needs bigger eyes....and a slighty...very slightly...longer face...

I cant wait to see it out....is what i wanna say but let's just hope work lets up a bit for me.

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2012-12-11 00:12:25 »
Hey guys, just wanted to weigh in on this thread a little..

i've known GodGundam for... jeeze must be going on 10 years or so now! he's been a long term member of the Earths Special Forces mod team (the same place i started my career), and we worked together briefly on MechMod many moons ago.

if he's anything like me now, then he's likely just insanely busy and hasn't been able to return to working on Tifa. i'm not trying to make excuses, ultimately it's up to him to touch base. but speaking as a freelance artist, there have been times i've been so busy i haven't even been able to eat or sleep regularly, let alone be sociable or work on personal stuff. it's only recently i started saying NO to jobs, and YES to my own work.

I'll try to reach out to him and see if he can at least close the issue of whether or not he's going to continue working on her or not. but i wouldn't hold your breath... if you want my honest opinion? when people started posting ripped/illegal sh*t in this thread, he probably held his hands up and said "f*ck this!" and i can't really blame him for that.

and then as i read through the thread, i saw this...

man, i'd love to know where you work, if everything you've posted on this forum so far is an example of the standard you work at, and your attitude towards it, then i have some serious doubts as to your credentials.

anywho, i read

Almighty_gir no offense to and ur aloud ur opinion but questioning work ethics of other people is unprofessional and imatuer. Just because i dont know how rip models out of another game has nothing to do with modelling itself and i dont want to in the first place. The reason i started a new Tifa model from scratch was because i wanted to learn as much as i can about modelling a character as all i've done is still objects such as guns, building etc... The reason the Tifa model is was doin is on hold as well as the guns i was doin for Vincient is because of Birthday's, Weddings, Christmas and the fact that my sister was beaten by her ex and her kids are too scared to even stay in there own house, so iv'e been staying with them for the last month.

So dont try and attack people on the forums when you know nothing about them and whats happening around them

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #132 on: 2012-12-11 01:41:36 »
That's heavy man. I feel for you. Although, that sounds like kind of a private matter, so we really have no business knowing about it. I hope your situation gets better, for you and your loved ones, and to a lesser extent I also hope the Tifa modeller who started the forum can bring an end to all this speculation.

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2012-12-11 02:03:25 »
Yeah, I know people get really busy most of the time cause of a lot of things, and most of us here (if not all) has other more  important priorities.

But it would really be appreciated if he at least visit here, drop a post saying if he's still planning to continue this or if this project is dead so we know if there still something to expect here. I doubt it would take a lot of time and effort to do so.

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2012-12-11 12:49:27 »
Almighty_gir no offense to and ur aloud ur opinion but questioning work ethics of other people is unprofessional and imatuer. Just because i dont know how rip models out of another game has nothing to do with modelling itself and i dont want to in the first place. The reason i started a new Tifa model from scratch was because i wanted to learn as much as i can about modelling a character as all i've done is still objects such as guns, building etc... The reason the Tifa model is was doin is on hold as well as the guns i was doin for Vincient is because of Birthday's, Weddings, Christmas and the fact that my sister was beaten by her ex and her kids are too scared to even stay in there own house, so iv'e been staying with them for the last month.

So dont try and attack people on the forums when you know nothing about them and whats happening around them

wow, way to try and twist what i said and then not even give a proper answer.

i hope your sister and her children are better.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #135 on: 2012-12-11 13:38:44 »
WTF!!! WORLD IS REALLY GOING DOWN!!! Let's gather all together and join forces against the scums of the world!!!

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2012-12-11 16:54:19 »
It's not unprofessional in this context, as we cannot have ripped material on this forum. A professional would have no problem showing a watermarked version of their texture sheet, or a wireframe of their model to back up their claim. If there is cause to believe work posted is not original, its not uncommon around here to ask about it.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2012-12-11 18:07:02 »
Recko,

You are free to continue posting previews of your work. However, if you release a finished version and it is found to contain ripped, stolen, or otherwise illegal content, you will be banned (and it is VERY easy to check). If you work is 100% your own, as you say it is, you have nothing to worry about.

Also, please note that some free character generators do not allow models made in them to be distributed without additional paid licensing (for example, anything created with DAZ Studio).

To reiterate, if your work is genuine you are in the clear. This is not an accusation, just a reminder.

~Covarr