Author Topic: Menu Overhaul - German Patch  (Read 3634 times)

moundar

• View Profile
Menu Overhaul - German Patch
« on: 2016-01-09 20:53:43 »
With the old catalog i got this Patch for Menu Overhaul somewhere(don't know where it was):
MO_ger_Patch.zip

And now i don't know anymore how i applied this patch.

Is it possible to integrate it to 7th Heaven?
Or can i apply this patch with the new catalog and if yes how?

Thanks
moundar

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Menu Overhaul - German Patch
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-10 08:48:04 »
I can't guarantee it will work, but I can look into it. I'm not sure how German words are going to fit inside the dialogue boxes.

moundar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-15 19:46:03 »
I was able to improve the Menu Layout.
I copied the head of the MO_ger_patch.txt from the patch Hext_in folder to the front of the FF7exe-german-translation.txt in the Hext_in folder of FF7.
It is slightly better now.

Maybe other people use the german version of FF7 and know how to improve further?

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-16 00:13:44 »
I think Kaldarasha has planned to release a proper german translation some day, but for now I would recommend the retranslated english version. I'm german too and play it that way. ;)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-16 00:30:29 »
I think Kaldarasha has planned to release a proper german translation some day, but for now I would recommend the retranslated english version. I'm german too and play it that way. ;)

Well I have lost my early translation of Beacause and I'm not ready to translate the game by my own. It is a huge differens when the scene gets its actually meaning but at the moment the whole UI and text system is pretty unhandy for translations and particularly moding.
Well I have from CirasdeNarm a converted (and altered) version of the PSX retranslation project, so if a few people are interested we could try to translate the game again. But it should be 4 or 5 persons work on it at last. The thing is that the translation sounds very unprofessional. Biggs use for example a very formal 'Sie' instead of 'du' however I think it's a good starting point.

moundar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-16 11:44:37 »
That is a good idea.
I would participate if I had more time.
But at the moment I spent all my free time(and that is not much) to improve my computer science skills for my job too not loose my job  :-\.
I only have like 2 - 3 hours a week to play a little bit.