Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839509 times)

MoCheese

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4050 on: 2016-08-06 14:38:59 »
Taking long to reply to everything as usual.

Promoting streams/YT stuff related to NT here isn't any problem at all; everybody wins as far as I'm concerned.

Oh good, would've felt bad.

There's three unplaced Plus Materia that can be used here; I was thinking of using at least one for Junon Leagues. Long Range is something I'm not 100% about including at all.

Placing those unplaced materias would be cool and I'm sure the bonuses wouldn't be too strong provided the % is knocked down pretty good. 25% to start for sure, may even need to be lower. Seeing that though, and knowing this mod for what it is, you could also add/change a materia into something new, a counter-part to Magic Plus: "Physical Plus" or something. A materia that raises physical attack power. Taking that further you could also do defense raising ones: "Spirit Plus" and "Vitality Plus". Could be neat if you have enough materia to edit, I don't think you can just straight create new materia, no? If not, you'd be hard pressed to get all that or any of it in really.

However, if there is one materia in which you COULD change and put into the mod if it hasn't already been changed, it's Long Range. I say this because I LOVE what this mod is aimed to be, so I say this as vigorously as I can. DO NOT put Long Range back into this mod. Long Range would change the dynamic of what this mod is supposed to be way too much in my opinion. A backrow Cid with M.Barrier would just be way too overpowered for example. I would change Long Range or keep it out altogether. For what my opinion is worth, not much.

Deathblow is quite powerful, and I was wondering about moving it further back into the game and placing Slash-All down for it instead (but not sure); otherwise, could keep Deathblow where it is and place Slash-All in Forgotten City instead? I was thinking of placing W-Magic, W-Summon, and W-Item down as the prizes for each Extra Battle match so there's a little more consistency; then I'd put Planet/Ultima down in the Crater and Double-Cut with the Kalm Traveler.

Deathblow could be moved back if you wanted, because people are right, you don't hit with it often enough early on to really make it useful enough to use consistently over regular attack. Either solution is fine I think. Either moving Added Cut back or Slash-All back. I would say moving Added Cut back and keeping Deathblow where it is would be the slightly better option however because you'd get a lot more "DPS" as it were out of Slash-All so early where more enemies are common instead of one big one. The counter argument is bosses get a little easier though, so either way... Either option works.

In regards to Planet being moved to the crater, I agree that would be good. I would also suggest moving Contain there as well. Shield could also be placed there if it isn't, I forget where it is normally. Putting them as drops from the bosses down there could work. Moving the W-Materias to the Extra Battles also sounds like the right idea to me. The only problem I have is with Double-Cut. As soon as it drops people will go to Master it understandably so where you place this is key. 4x-Cut becomes the go-to for damage and Magic cannot compete until Quad Magic at least, so Quad Magic maybe should come first? Or Double-Cut coming with a Strength penalty maybe? I think Double-Cut could be in the crater if it came with a Strength reduction of some numeration. But I do think Quad Magic should be obtained first, wherever it is. Something to think about.

Final thoughts for me right now is in regards to Passives. I like the idea of passives being something tangible and somewhat controllable. For example the way Barret's Passive works is perfect in my mind because you get control how it plays out. Back Row is something different from Front Row. My suggestion for Cloud's passive would be to use Barret's passive theme and change Barret's passive slightly. Make Cloud's passive offensive, so Front Row he gets attack stacks, Back Row, he gets Magic stacks. Then change Barret's to Front Row Vitality stacks, and Back Row Spirit stacks. Makes Barret fit his "theme" of being a defensive tank more fitting and gives Cloud users more control over how he plays.

Things like that, give the users an either/or and more control on passives wherever you can in my opinion.

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: 2016-08-10 18:58:58 »
So I was having trouble with the parachute into Midgar scene where Cloud was vanishing into a building and I could not progress. I got past it by disabling all of my mods and then re-enabling them at the entrance to the sewers. But now whenever I try to enter the Shinra building it freezes up. Specifically, I can get into the building but if I enter a random battle, after the first action it freezes, with no error report.

Using the stairs, I get to the 60th floor entrance after only three screens; and using the elevator it starts as if I'm back in the random number scene with the battles, but it then freezes as well. These give me error messages, but nothing is being written to the log.

I've tried disabling field models, battle models, textures, etc, but I still get the same errors. I don't know if there is anything worth getting here at this point, so if I can skip this section without missing out on anything good, I will.

Thanks for any help.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: 2016-08-10 19:07:31 »
So I was having trouble with the parachute into Midgar scene where Cloud was vanishing into a building and I could not progress. I got past it by disabling all of my mods and then re-enabling them at the entrance to the sewers. But now whenever I try to enter the Shinra building it freezes up. Specifically, I can get into the building but if I enter a random battle, after the first action it freezes, with no error report.

Using the stairs, I get to the 60th floor entrance after only three screens; and using the elevator it starts as if I'm back in the random number scene with the battles, but it then freezes as well. These give me error messages, but nothing is being written to the log.

I've tried disabling field models, battle models, textures, etc, but I still get the same errors. I don't know if there is anything worth getting here at this point, so if I can skip this section without missing out on anything good, I will.

Thanks for any help.

Sounds like variables have been mucked up, maybe even Game Moment. There's not much in Shinra HQ now; the HP Shout was removed and I think anything else isn't missable/can be obtained later. Would it be possible to get a copy of your save file so I can have a look at it? For Steam it should be in C:\Users\(user name)\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_## (or just the save folder if it's the 7H/1998 version).

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: 2016-08-10 20:06:20 »
http://www.4shared.com/document/bJylMHtVba/metadata.html

I hope this is the right file. It's where you said it should be. Also, I redid the parachute jump with all mods active and it worked. But the Shinra building is still glitched.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: 2016-08-11 00:05:20 »
Afraid not, it's the 'save##.ff7' files I need. They relate to each of the 10 Save Folders available in game.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: 2016-08-11 19:55:03 »
im all for putting added cut as soon as possible. preferably in midgar. in place of the 2nd sense materia

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: 2016-08-11 23:32:41 »
Alright, I'll see if I can find it. Tried looking in my 7th Heaven folder but didn't see anything about saves. I'll have a go at it tomorrow after work.

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: 2016-08-12 00:27:39 »
I've encountered a minor bug when ranking up at the save point in Holzoff's cabin. After leaving the rank up screen, Cloud lays on the ground unconscious for a few seconds before waking up, same as when you pass out in the snow at the Great Glacier.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: 2016-08-12 01:19:01 »
im all for putting added cut as soon as possible. preferably in midgar. in place of the 2nd sense materia

Seems like a good place for it.

I've encountered a minor bug when ranking up at the save point in Holzoff's cabin. After leaving the rank up screen, Cloud lays on the ground unconscious for a few seconds before waking up, same as when you pass out in the snow at the Great Glacier.

That's an old one, I basically left it because it doesn't soft-lock the game but I'll have a shot at fixing it now.

Also, this one slipped the net but thanks to L.T for the donation last month.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: 2016-08-12 02:14:19 »
Sega Chief.... I need help.

Look I can't beat Tseng in Rocket Town. I don't know if it is my fault or the game but, i can't beat him, is impossible. He dodges the 95% of all my attacks including magics, I don't know what to do against him. I ask you, please, Is something I missed? Because I am going well with the game and in design terms this battle is broken, is not fun, something is wrong here!

I'm waiting for the answer.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: 2016-08-12 02:37:30 »
Sega Chief.... I need help.

Look I can't beat Tseng in Rocket Town. I don't know if it is my fault or the game but, i can't beat him, is impossible. He dodges the 95% of all my attacks including magics, I don't know what to do against him. I ask you, please, Is something I missed? Because I am going well with the game and in design terms this battle is broken, is not fun, something is wrong here!

I'm waiting for the answer.

He consistently dodges spells? That doesn't sound right at all. I'll check him out.

Edit: Best guess is the pre-action script isn't functioning correctly. I disabled it for now and set evasion to 0: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0634t2e1f33px2z/NT_Mod_HotFix_Scene_-_12th_August_2016.7z

There's a couple of changes in this scene/kernel patch that were planned for the 1.45 release, such as a replacement for L3. Defless and some other tweaks. Shouldn't be anything disruptive though.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-12 02:49:20 by Sega Chief »

SenMithrarin

• View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: 2016-08-12 18:58:06 »
So I am having a bug at the part where you recruit Yuffie.
Just after the party members left the area with only Aerith, Yuffie just look as if she is running back and forth on the same place she is standing on...it is honestly quite amusing.
Here is a pic, although it would be much more clearer in a gif. (I think this is a soft lock? Can't do anything while this happens)

Also great mod by the way, love it so far.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-12 19:03:27 by SenMithrarin »

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: 2016-08-12 23:55:19 »
He consistently dodges spells? That doesn't sound right at all. I'll check him out.

Edit: Best guess is the pre-action script isn't functioning correctly. I disabled it for now and set evasion to 0: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0634t2e1f33px2z/NT_Mod_HotFix_Scene_-_12th_August_2016.7z

There's a couple of changes in this scene/kernel patch that were planned for the 1.45 release, such as a replacement for L3. Defless and some other tweaks. Shouldn't be anything disruptive though.

Thanks Sega, again, you are always there.

See ya!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: 2016-08-13 00:38:58 »
So I am having a bug at the part where you recruit Yuffie.
Just after the party members left the area with only Aerith, Yuffie just look as if she is running back and forth on the same place she is standing on...it is honestly quite amusing.
Here is a pic, although it would be much more clearer in a gif. (I think this is a soft lock? Can't do anything while this happens)
Also great mod by the way, love it so far.

Is this with the latest flevel patch applied? I think a problem can occur with collision depending on when the text boxes are closed by the player (as the scene will progress when they are), so I deactivated model collision itself to hopefully prevent it.

SenMithrarin

• View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: 2016-08-13 05:20:48 »
Is this with the latest flevel patch applied? I think a problem can occur with collision depending on when the text boxes are closed by the player (as the scene will progress when they are), so I deactivated model collision itself to hopefully prevent it.

Yeah, it is applied.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4065 on: 2016-08-13 14:47:26 »
I'll need to try something else then.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: 2016-08-13 14:52:00 »
Hey sega chief

can you pm me your v 1.3 of your NT mod please

since this 1 is still to buggy for me to play

thanks

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4067 on: 2016-08-14 11:03:12 »
Zara, help him bug fix v1.4. That would benefit everyone, including SC and yourself.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: 2016-08-15 12:29:32 »
Does someone know the HP of the Cait Sight tank thing of the silver match in Gold Saucer? Because I tried it in the end of Disc 2 and I can't been able to beat it because... because ethers are not unlimitedXD.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-15 13:09:53 by BertShadow »

SunnyD

• View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: 2016-08-15 16:07:03 »
Does someone know the HP of the Cait Sight tank thing of the silver match in Gold Saucer? Because I tried it in the end of Disc 2 and I can't been able to beat it because... because ethers are not unlimitedXD.

140,000 for the Cannon
95,000 for the Turrets
105,000 for the Treads

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: 2016-08-15 17:50:31 »
So I just learned today that Deactivating Contact for a field model doesn't seem to prevent them from getting stuck when using the Move  function for automatic movement. Explains that niggling problem with the Yuffie scene at least, I'll need to adjust the timings on some/one of the dialogue windows so that it's impossible for them to get in each other's way.

SirBlackMage

• View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: 2016-08-16 05:40:57 »
I've found a minor bug in the Materia Caves. After saving in front of the Purple Materia Cave, I tried fighting the Kaktuar and got annihilated. I loaded my save and went to the Yellow Materia Cave, and found the purple materia from before, floating in the air, unobtainable. You can't see it in the screenshot, but I could pass under it. When I first entered the yellow cave, I saw it lying there, but ignored it for the time because I wanted to see the Yellow Materia Cave boss. After dying (of course), I loaded my save and the fake materia had disappeared. I tried re-entering the cave a few times because I thought this was some kinda rare thing like the GP selling guy in the orginal FF7. After that didn't work, I experimented a bit and I was able to replicate the bug easily, so this wasn't a one time thing. It's also possible in the Blue Materia Cave (and probably the Red Materia Cave as well), using the same procedure as before. Although this isn't a serious bug by any means, I thought I'd report it, because why not.

Screenshots: http://puu.sh/qCZjn/7e31759c6a.jpg http://puu.sh/qD0FK/7a5602871a.jpg
« Last Edit: 2016-08-16 05:47:03 by SirBlackMage »

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: 2016-08-16 09:21:43 »
Okeeey... I am forced again to write here for some questions about 1.4 version of this mod.

The battle of Proud Cloud, wtf? no, seriosly, wtf? My party is level 77 and my magics (bolt 3 or Earth 3) deals him around 1500 and the physical attacks even reach 1000 per hit. So, what's happening? Is this boss Hp and defences aburdly high? After 30-40 minutes of battle I died because one of his cannons, which damage is very high, not so high if you protect behind a wall, but, BUT, this boss also inflicts status ailments and that, THAT is a problem because i can't use wall and resist in the same battle for too long because, this fucking bullshit of boss can kill you in one shoot after wall is off with his cannon. He can paralize, poison, sleep, transform and even manipulate you, this, dealing of course with his ""normal"" attacks which deals 2000 around of damage per hit whit barrierXD.

So, questions, How many Hp does this boss have? Any strategies to beat him? Are the rest of bosses same hard, fucking hard?

In my opinion Chief-sama, you need to fix this, because I played FF7 like a normal human: One Magic DPS, One Tank, One Physical DPS, without repeating any materia, etc etc etc... and this type of bosses makes me mad because are required to go further the story, the game and the evolution of the characters, because you only gain 10 Sp per boss. I understand if they were optional, but this kind of bosses are stupid, not even funny, you know, if after 40 minutes of battle the boss manipulates me one, sleep the other and then shoot the fucking cannon, what can i do? Understand me when i said that i am mad.

I am sorry if I am being too rough, but I don't know how to go further with my characters (Cid is on level 4 of his Sp evolution, Barret on level 5...) I don't know what I am doing wrong, so i need help, seriosly.

Thats all, thanks for everything.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: 2016-08-16 15:58:20 »
I've found a minor bug in the Materia Caves. After saving in front of the Purple Materia Cave, I tried fighting the Kaktuar and got annihilated. I loaded my save and went to the Yellow Materia Cave, and found the purple materia from before, floating in the air, unobtainable. You can't see it in the screenshot, but I could pass under it. When I first entered the yellow cave, I saw it lying there, but ignored it for the time because I wanted to see the Yellow Materia Cave boss. After dying (of course), I loaded my save and the fake materia had disappeared. I tried re-entering the cave a few times because I thought this was some kinda rare thing like the GP selling guy in the orginal FF7. After that didn't work, I experimented a bit and I was able to replicate the bug easily, so this wasn't a one time thing. It's also possible in the Blue Materia Cave (and probably the Red Materia Cave as well), using the same procedure as before. Although this isn't a serious bug by any means, I thought I'd report it, because why not.

Screenshots: http://puu.sh/qCZjn/7e31759c6a.jpg http://puu.sh/qD0FK/7a5602871a.jpg

A while ago I tried to tackle a rare problem that could happen with Materia Caves Yellow/Blue/Red when you examine the crystal in that the event would trigger but not give you the Materia properly. It was a glitch in the original game and my plan was to copy the purple materia cave's set-up and make it be an actual object you talk to rather than event lines. For whatever reason, I gave up on it halfway through and tried to dummy out the materia models I'd copied over but it seems you've found a way to make them appear. They should be harmless, but I'll do a proper clean-up with fresh Materia Cave fields for 1.45.

Okeeey... I am forced again to write here for some questions about 1.4 version of this mod.

The battle of Proud Cloud, wtf? no, seriosly, wtf? My party is level 77 and my magics (bolt 3 or Earth 3) deals him around 1500 and the physical attacks even reach 1000 per hit. So, what's happening? Is this boss Hp and defences aburdly high? After 30-40 minutes of battle I died because one of his cannons, which damage is very high, not so high if you protect behind a wall, but, BUT, this boss also inflicts status ailments and that, THAT is a problem because i can't use wall and resist in the same battle for too long because, this ferning bullstrawberries of boss can kill you in one shoot after wall is off with his cannon. He can paralize, poison, sleep, transform and even manipulate you, this, dealing of course with his ""normal"" attacks which deals 2000 around of damage per hit whit barrierXD.

So, questions, How many Hp does this boss have? Any strategies to beat him? Are the rest of bosses same hard, ferning hard?

In my opinion Chief-sama, you need to fix this, because I played FF7 like a normal human: One Magic DPS, One Tank, One Physical DPS, without repeating any materia, etc etc etc... and this type of bosses makes me mad because are required to go further the story, the game and the evolution of the characters, because you only gain 10 Sp per boss. I understand if they were optional, but this kind of bosses are stupid, not even funny, you know, if after 40 minutes of battle the boss manipulates me one, sleep the other and then shoot the ferning cannon, what can i do? Understand me when i said that i am mad.

I am sorry if I am being too rough, but I don't know how to go further with my characters (Cid is on level 4 of his Sp evolution, Barret on level 5...) I don't know what I am doing wrong, so i need help, seriosly.

Thats all, thanks for everything.

I can more than understand that; no fight should be taking more than 20mins at most so I'll definitely review him. But his defences are supposed to fall if his Armour is destroyed beforehand (the lower target, called Jamar Armour or Proud Armor). Was this part of the boss killed and damage output on the torso remained more or less the same? If that's the case then it's an AI bug. I can shrink the statuses too; defence-wise, try Protect Vests to reduce the damage from Shoot attacks by 1/2; should work against Mako Cannon, any machine gun attacks, and generally anything that fires a beam/projectile.

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: 2016-08-16 16:37:37 »
I can more than understand that; no fight should be taking more than 20mins at most so I'll definitely review him. But his defences are supposed to fall if his Armour is destroyed beforehand (the lower target, called Jamar Armour or Proud Armor). Was this part of the boss killed and damage output on the torso remained more or less the same? If that's the case then it's an AI bug. I can shrink the statuses too; defence-wise, try Protect Vests to reduce the damage from Shoot attacks by 1/2; should work against Mako Cannon, any machine gun attacks, and generally anything that fires a beam/projectile.
IIRC, his defenses didn't drop for me either. I dealt with it and just beat him anyway, but killing Jamar Armour didn't change anything for me. I could go back and try again, I think I kept a save file not far from the boss.

By the way, now that I think about it, I recall a problem with a random encounter in the same area, with the Grosspanzer enemy. Killing the two turrets and the main unit didn't make the last part vulnerable to attacks. I tried everything from Dispel to Ailments (I even waited a few minutes just to see if it was just a timed condition), but he just kept attacking without taking any damage.

EDIT : I just went and checked, and killing Proud Armour indeed does nothing.

By the way, I think the boss was fine, especially compared to his original appareance where it is a pushover. Mako Cannon is really dangerous, but it is also very slow to start, leaving enough time to Heal and maybe Defend. As for his other attacks, I feel like his damage isn't that dangerous if you manage to keep Wall up. And Aerith is very nice for this battle, since Planet Protector takes care of any problem.
« Last Edit: 2016-08-16 18:08:22 by Spotty Len »