Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1079399 times)

Allehelgens

gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #400 on: 2009-05-16 19:27:54 »
Phew I cant even win those Venus, Locke and that one guy in Shinra HQ. My characters are lvl 10-12, that can be too low lvl, but leveling with this mod on is too hard and takes too much time. :S

EDIT: Found good strategy already, there is no enough time to steal tough.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-16 20:58:12 by Allehelgens »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #401 on: 2009-05-16 22:23:01 »
i've stolen from those 3 guys... altogether tehy have x potion, silver armlet and peace ring... this mod is brilliant! i luv a challenge

Allehelgens

« Reply #402 on: 2009-05-17 07:09:50 »
i've stolen from those 3 guys... altogether tehy have x potion, silver armlet and peace ring... this mod is brilliant! i luv a challenge

I know what you can steal from them, there is just no time to do that. =P I need to have someone always ready to throw new locoweed when 2 of them are not in confuse anymore, otherwise they kill me very fast.

But I think those items are not that important, so I'll continue with story.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #403 on: 2009-05-18 01:13:40 »
hey gjoerulv. even when i fresh (max) install ff7 and not apply any patches/mods, in the 1st battle (2 MP's) 1 of them is missing his head and his gun. when i kill the other 1, his head and gun appear... its weird. so its not the hardcore mod like i thought it was. idk wut it is... i should take this over to Tech-related so they can help me out
« Last Edit: 2009-05-19 00:48:59 by drfeelgud88 »

Idec Sdawkminn

• -im the real idec (REALLY)-
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #404 on: 2009-05-24 03:40:03 »
Just wanted to know that I tried out your mod and the 9999 limit one (you recommend both) with Emerald Weapon. I am running it on Windows 7 RC. I produced the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzAffurNF84

(Note: he is much harder with the 9999 limit in place)
« Last Edit: 2009-05-24 03:44:07 by Idec Sdawkminn »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #405 on: 2009-05-30 15:38:08 »
Just wanted to know that I tried out your mod and the 9999 limit one (you recommend both) with Emerald Weapon. I am running it on Windows 7 RC. I produced the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzAffurNF84

(Note: he is much harder with the 9999 limit in place)

Yeah I haven't really done much to these guys yet. And I've decided to make a new patch, but not until my finals are done. ('round 8th June)

« Reply #406 on: 2009-05-31 08:49:21 »
Okay i installed this patch... then installed slayer's swords and the APZ cloud model........ they seem to be working fine with this mod.......
however i want to know.. should i expect trouble???
Because i remember reading somewhere.....it might have been here.... that this mod doesn't like to work with other mods??

Thank you,

Broken Crow

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2009-05-31 09:54:54 »
Depends on which mods; I haven't had any problems with Apz or slayer's mods using this.

You're only likely to run into problems if you try to install this mod after using a lot of other mods that change files that the hardcore mod changes

« Reply #408 on: 2009-05-31 10:51:57 »
Ok thanks.. :D... I'm just worried is all.. because i want the upgraded graphical bits...... but i also want to play FF7 at a challenging pace... so far I haven't been disappointed...:D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #409 on: 2009-06-02 04:59:52 »
ya thats my goal too! to play with this hardcore mod and to have the AC mod on there too so it can be AC characters AND difficult mod haha but vista is too weird and its kinda hard...

« Reply #410 on: 2009-06-02 05:20:54 »
yeah... lol....... Vista is really weird........ it wouldn't let me patch with the beta...so i deleted the AC mod....thinking id download it when it was complete............ BIG MISTAKE..........xD

I figured out what you have to do if you still have the MOD............ you have to open the files....... and extract them with LGP tools...and implement them manually .. I'm not sure if its possible though....... I don't remember how the patcher works..........

But i did lay my hands on his sample .. its on his site........... and i Implemented in the field model of Cloud and I can also do the battle model if i chose,,,

(sorry for going way off topic)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #411 on: 2009-06-02 05:39:52 »
could u explain how u did all that? lol im such a newbie at this stuff  :-P

« Reply #412 on: 2009-06-02 05:47:41 »
First i went to his site,,, and clicked on the link modding school or something like that.....
Then downloaded the sample

Then i made a new folder on my desktop .. calling it "char Lpg"

I then went Fidelcula's Lgp tools and opened the battle lgp..

I extracted all to the new folder "char lgp"

then i opened the folders from the download..... and copy all that is the field model folder and paste it into the "char lgp" folder..

Then i made a back up of my original Char.lgp

then went back to LGP tools and clicked create.... select the folder from you desktop "char LGP"

then go to your Final Fantasy VII directory... Data/filed

and create the LGP there

(again sorry for the off topic-ness........... and my really bad explanation)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #413 on: 2009-06-02 16:32:55 »
you are talkin about the PRP right? or wut download are u talking about?

« Reply #414 on: 2009-06-03 01:27:30 »
Oh prp......xD........
Just right click on the PRP icon that appears on your desktop.... and click on explore option.

It will take you to a folder...

Find the files title 00.. and 01

rename 00 to char

and rename 01 to world_us

then cut and paste the two to your FF7 directory

char goes into data/field

and world_us into data/wm

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #415 on: 2009-06-03 03:14:14 »
ok i tried AC mod (beta) and along with 1.02, saints, dzuigos, and hardcore mod... result... MISSING BODY PARTS graphical glitch! lol

« Reply #416 on: 2009-06-03 03:18:18 »
Wait you have AC mod beta??????? O.O

That is a beta you know..... and it wasn't quite finished from what i hear.... *raises an eyebrow* I am not sure how to fix the graphical issues but.... do your models show up perfectly in Kimera???
« Last Edit: 2009-06-03 03:21:19 by BrokenCrowe »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #417 on: 2009-06-03 03:34:48 »
idk i neva used kimera or any of those other programs... i know im sad  :-(

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #418 on: 2009-06-03 15:04:12 »
Ok, on the 8th my final exams are over, then I probably have some work to finish after that. Which means I can start making the final release (v1.0) around the 10th. I have an idea on a new "ultimate" enemy, but haven't thought of where to place it. Any suggestions where it would be interesting to trigger a knew "ultimate" enemy?

And I also want to make it possible to get those materias you get in the final dungeon earlier, switch 'em with something else (megalixirs, equipment etc.), and make it harder in there as well. This might sound stupid, but I had an idea to make 'em available in the materia caves. For instance you get HP <-> MP materia AND Mega-all in the purple (independent) materia cave. Sounds good?

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2009-06-03 15:44:40 »
the northern crater in disk three could be a good place, multiple places in there that would be nice to place a super boss in, but with lack of save spots, that can be a bad thing (or use up the save crystal near the super boss, to make things easier). the back of the forest opened by killing ultimate weapon (where you find the (i think... been a while) apocalypse for cloud), placing it in the end area there could be nice, but requiring you to trek back through the forest.

it also depends on what your ultimate enemy will be... if it is humanoid, you could have it easily fit into towns and such (create an npc that is actually the enemy), then you could do things like place it in the back of wall market, or in the center of kalm, since there is already a quest dealing with kalm. if it were to be something big (like a recreated omega weapon or something) it would need plenty of room, and unless it were to attack a city, then it wouldn't really fit in too well.

a mako created enemy could fit into mt. nibel, possibly in the reactor itself if you can reenter it later in the game, or just somewhere in the surrounding caverns. if you could make it so that the area where aerith was killed was accessible after doing something (possibly a side quest, or just making it able to be accessed at any time after that event (early game ultimate boss possible O_o)), then that little place could be a great spot for the fight, an ancient monster coming out to play. there are many possibilities, but i need to know the type of monster first, and what you are capable of doing >:D.

making the materia accessible earlier can be good and bad, especially since the places are all available at the end of the first disk since chocobo breeding is open then (i think it starts end of disk one, before the second... i have to check on that).having the end game materia possible early on isn't entirely a good thing. i don't know what all is doable with the battle square, but would you be able to add the materia as rewards from there, which are only available on disk two/three (whenever you think it is the best time to have them), and are only able to be gotten one time (like omnislash). this could also be done with the gp (i think?) from the game corner (or whatever it is called with the minigames >_>), but since the guy at the entrance sells gp, it could be done pretty easily if you have the funds, though it could still be worth it if the battle square isn't as easily done.

it would be really nice if enemies could drop materia, but since that isn't done as easily (can be if you edit the field files for enemies that appear on the field, like boss battles and such, or create monster-in-a-box fights which give the materia when opened/enemy defeated, but making the enemy unable to be fled from), it is probably better to do it another way.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-03 15:53:39 by secondadvent »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #420 on: 2009-06-04 04:56:54 »
wut item/weapon/material would this ultimate enemy drop?

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2009-06-04 23:55:18 »
*defeats ultimate enemy* yeah... i killed it! wait... wtf? *a black screen appears, showing the words: would you like to save your game?*

game returns to title screen, and you load up your save... the first double MP battle comes up, and they wipe the floor with you... you just unknowingly activated uber hard mode... congrats :-P.

but seriously, ultimate, harder than the final boss fights should not give any kind of reward other than a type of battle trophy with no real use, since you basically would have nothing new to use a brand new weapon, or super materia against, seeing as you KILLED everything. the only way they should have anything is if they are linked to a harder ultimate boss, kind of like the bosses in the gba versions of the older ff games... give a battle trophy from the main ultimate bosses, and useful stuff from the rest.

the ruby/emerald weapons shouldn't have prizes linked with them either, since they are normally the hardest, and not even really hard at that. it should give a useless trophy item, or else i'd be expecting a harder fight to come up at some point, and would be disappointed if it never happened :-P

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #422 on: 2009-06-05 04:41:56 »
so this ultimate enemy would be the LAST boss and fight of the game?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2009-06-05 05:06:44 »
There is an area in the Ancient Forest (I think) that was rumored to be a way to revive Aerith.  You vear off the path to the right some and then above you you can see a vine leading up into a cave of sorts.  Somehow using that area could be pretty cool as not a lot of people even know the path branches off.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2009-06-05 05:09:58 »
Yes it was in reality a cave that wasnt used in final release...I am not sure if the code is still there for the vine ladder  but could be a great place...