Author Topic: Bootleg issues, need to find version 039 if possible.  (Read 2308 times)

pavlovtiger

• View Profile
I have tried in Bootleg 040 numerous times to get the Aeris Revival patch to work and it simply refuses.  I don't know if it's conflicting with any of my other selected mods, but the only one I've read about that it ever did conflict with was the Remix mod and I don't use that.  The Bootleg configurator always says it installed correctly but she's never in my PHS after her death scenes, and adding her via Black Chocobo does put her in the party, but I can't remove her in-game after that.  I was directed by someone on the forum to try Bootleg 039 rather than 040 but now I can't seem to find 039 anywhere.  Failing that, he said to try just the Revival patch and nothing else, but I'm not sure -when- the patch should be applied.  I've finished Disc 1, which Ultima Espio has explicitly stated is too late, but in that older thread he said we could just add her manually with Black Chocobo and the Revival patch would go on as intended.  Doesn't work for me at all, so I've messed something up and I'd like to try again with 039.  If that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas again.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Bootleg issues, need to find version 039 if possible.
« Reply #1 on: 2014-03-05 03:10:40 »
Wrong section again lol. Your other post was already moved into the Troubleshooting section, so there was no need to repost this issue.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5wagix6ax49rb1x/Bootleg0039.zip

There's a download for 039. I would probably not start the patch other than with a new game. I know that's a bummer to start over, but there are a number of possibilities that I simply don't know how to pinpoint without knowing what the mod modifies specifically. I think the reason Black Chocobo isn't work is because there are triggered events through the game that affect other outcomes. The Gold Saucer dating game is an example. I know Black Chocobo allows you to enable all these triggered events, but it's very complicated to know what all may have affected the Revival patch.

Pretty much a trial-and-error process for you at this point, unless someone else knows specifically. I certainly don't know, nor do I have the time to test it. Sorry I can't be of more help  :(

Feel free to post if you find out anything on your own.

pavlovtiger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-03-05 03:30:18 »
Thank you for the download, I'll check Troubleshooting before posting anywhere else, and thanks for not being nasty about my making the same mistake again.  Starting the game over is probably the best thing to try, but at least I've got Black Chocobo to give me all the stuff I normally have to grind for.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-03-05 03:31:02 »
There are numerous things that could make the patch not working. Where you're installing, which mods you install, which OS you have. I do not offer support for 039 anymore. 040 does work well even though it can sometimes be a little picky, as you see. I'll help you make it work if you wish.