Author Topic: FFVIII keeps crashing when I attempt to leave Balamb Gardens  (Read 2737 times)

skatrrklamp

• View Profile
As it states in the title everytime I attempt to leave Balamb Gardens the game freezes and I have to close it using alt+f4. I am using most of the Tonberry graphic mods as well as the xbox 360 button layout mod. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows of a way I can attempt to fix it without having to start from scratch. All of the textures look great inside Balamb Gardens, so I thought maybe it had something to do with the Horizon 2.1 mod, but I tried to remove the files with no success, so maybe it's something else. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Hm... If you think it's a mod, try disabling it by putting the hashmaps in the "disable" folder. If it still does it, I would try the "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache" option that Steam has. Or perhaps reinstall the game. Doing so shouldn't get rid of the mods you placed or save files. But you will have to reinstall R&W if you're using that. I feel like someone had this same issue before as well. Are you using any other programs while playing FFVIII?

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
Yes, I believe I have a problem similar to this, except it's after the Dollet Exam, and I know for a fact it's not Tonberry, as it happens even without that.
In my case, it's right after the FMV ends, and it might be my PC being garbage.

skatrrklamp

• View Profile
I guess I was just exhausted from staying up too late last night, I usually attempt everything before I jump to the forums to ask. Anyway, I verified the integrity of the cache, as fatedcourage said, and everything works fine now. Thank you very much for the help!
« Last Edit: 2016-02-07 10:35:07 by skatrrklamp »