Author Topic: I need to know...  (Read 5149 times)

Nanaki

• View Profile
I need to know...
« on: 2004-11-23 12:32:46 »
when ffac is coming out in england     rumors say march 2006 but nothing is said about england  does anyone know?

Mamoruanime

• View Profile
I need to know...
« Reply #1 on: 2004-11-23 13:55:50 »
well, i'm pretty positive its out in japan now (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/shop/), which means its US release is in about a month or 2 (says square)... So, I reckon it should be in england around the same time as it gets to the US.

Also, if that doesnt work out, just order it from Lik-Sang.com ^_^ I talked to em last night, and they decided to get a shipment of it

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
I need to know...
« Reply #2 on: 2004-11-23 21:54:16 »
If it was out in japan, it would be plastered on supernova by now.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
I need to know...
« Reply #3 on: 2004-11-24 01:08:57 »
That SquareEnix link is to their merchandise page, i.e. AC posters and stuff. I haven't seen any fixed release date for Japan, but I suppose I will be keeping an eye open in the video stores... :wink:

James Pond

• View Profile
I need to know...
« Reply #4 on: 2004-11-24 06:31:19 »
Speaking of Suprnova, I take it I would get bannification if I posted a link to the torrent of it, once it comes out, Right?

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
I need to know...
« Reply #5 on: 2004-11-24 07:36:22 »
Advent Children is not released anywhere yet.
There was a 25' screening recently in Paris, and that's about it..
It was extended from 60' to about double of the original length, so the release date is delayed.
The current official date of release is 14th Feb. Although it was not stated were, it's most likely Japan.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
I need to know...
« Reply #6 on: 2004-11-24 07:37:41 »
You take it correctly. You want Square to continue this line of fan-franchising, you show it the only way they'll notice. With your wallet.

oglsmm

• View Profile
I need to know...
« Reply #7 on: 2004-11-24 12:57:24 »
Quote from: James Pond
Speaking of Suprnova, I take it I would get bannification if I posted a link to the torrent of it, once it comes out, Right?

Given that Square shutdown the remake of Crono Trigger, I am sure they watch this site given the Remake Project. I doubt Qhimm wants to start waving Illegal Torrents in Squares face.

Also If people can't figure out where to get a Torrent by now, they have no business using BT. It's not like it's some secret tool anymore..... it's as prevalent as Kazaa was at it's peak.

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
I need to know...
« Reply #8 on: 2004-11-24 17:00:09 »
What remake of ChronoTrigger was that? I really hope it wasn't the one I think it might have been :( CT Resurrection I believe it was called (they're building their own engine and so on, and releasing 10 demo levels from the game). That one?

edit: Ok, not meaning to sound harsh, but Square-Enix just lost a lot of respect from me for doing that. Just google'd it (I lost the link a while ago) and it is indeed that one. I don't see why square are so anal about anyone using their IP for non-profit mods and so on. I know exactly how those guys feel, I was part of a UT2004 mod team working a project called Unreal Fantasy, and Square were completely against our using even simple things like the name 'Potion' for healing items and so on. On the flip side of the coin though, Epic gave their full permission and blessing for us to use absolutely any of their IP and content in the creation of our mod (including copyrighted stuff like the name 'Skaarj' and so on).

Epic have always been great in that department. Other companies would do well to follow their example. Well, at least I still have my Corridors of Time mp3 :)

James Pond

• View Profile
I need to know...
« Reply #9 on: 2004-11-24 21:01:06 »
It was a project done by about 5 or 6 people if I recall...they had coded the entire game in 3d by themselfes....It was *really* beggining to take shape....then square server up a platter of cease and decease orders.

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
I need to know...
« Reply #10 on: 2004-11-24 21:24:21 »
Yeah, as I mentioned in the edit to my last post, it was the one I was thinking of. Square-Enema *cough* sorry, meant Square-Enix of course, have really sold out nowadays. I haven't touched any of their games since FF9. As with most companies, it's all about the money now. They don't have any time for their fans any more. FF X2 is a case in point, I mean what the hell is up with that crap? Thankfully I haven't played it, but my nephew does and just hearing the music is enough to give me nightmares :z

Nanaki

• View Profile
I need to know...
« Reply #11 on: 2004-11-26 12:20:58 »
Thanks a lot everyone
that was really bugging me...so...
tell me this, who are your favorite characters? :)

Edit: Why did i bother asking?
       oh well
thanks for setting that piece of my mind straight

Nanaki ^_^