Author Topic: FF8 Bug/Crash?  (Read 3131 times)

LackOfSleep

FF8 Bug/Crash?
« on: 2004-12-29 10:56:45 »
Hi, Qhimm Forums. It's good to see a somewhat active community on the FF7-9 Systems.
Thought I would post this under the General Section:

I have currently started playing Final Fantasy VIII for PC, and have come across somewhat of an strange crash.

Settings:
-Software Renderer (Hardware option gives me nasty results of interlacing-like lines appearing on the screen, have no clue why.)
-Nvdia Geforce graphics card
-Kingston 512 RAM
-Athlon XP 2200+

Problem:
After Blamamb Garden become a "ship,"(DISK2) Squall and the others defeat NORG, the Garden Master. I then go to the library to talk with the girl there(she is the only one in the library), and everytime I talk to her and press "Enter"(X) to terminate the message box, some sort of action begins to happen(I can tell, because Squall, Rinoa, and Zell[my companions] start to move around around the girl, as always in some sort of response of characters in a special event), the program just ends and I'm back to my good ol' XP desktop.

Talking to her before the battle with NORG does not terminte FFVIII.

I have never had any crashing problems ever, until this point in Disk2.

Now, you may say talking to her is problaby not a vital event to the plot of the game anyways, but I tend to be a tedious RPG player, exploring around trying to catch every little detail in the game.

Has this happened to any of you? If this is a known bug, I would appreciate where to go about it.
I hope my post was somewhat understandable.
Thank you for your time.

LackOfSleep

FF8 Bug/Crash?
« Reply #1 on: 2004-12-29 11:04:52 »
Ah, it seems this was a catched bug already.

Reading the Text file for the Nvidia patch might have been useful.
^_^

Sorry for the trouble.

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
FF8 Bug/Crash?
« Reply #2 on: 2004-12-29 12:22:35 »
And once again:
If you post images which are bigger in size (well, yours is ~50kb), should be linked by an URL-Tag, and not placed directly into the post...
Remember: A 56k user with an average speed of ~5kb/s would need 10 seconds just to load your image...

- Alhexx

oglsmm

• View Profile
FF8 Bug/Crash?
« Reply #3 on: 2004-12-29 17:23:51 »
Also to fix your ugly lines in hardware mode try turning off AA and AF in your driver properties.

LackOfSleep

FF8 Bug/Crash?
« Reply #4 on: 2004-12-30 00:57:05 »
Quote from: Alhexx
And once again:
If you post images which are bigger in size (well, yours is ~50kb), should be linked by an URL-Tag, and not placed directly into the post...
Remember: A 56k user with an average speed of ~5kb/s would need 10 seconds just to load your image...

- Alhexx

Ah, sorry, didn't see that on the list of the first post in the Forum Rules.

Also to fix your ugly lines in hardware mode try turning off AA and AF in your driver properties.

And may I ask how that is possible?
Sorry, I do not know how to go to my driver properties.

Radiosity

• Minty Fresh!
    • View Profile
    • Trance Vibes
FF8 Bug/Crash?
« Reply #5 on: 2004-12-30 11:17:50 »
Right click desktop -> Properties -> Settings Tab -> Click the Advanced button. There will be a tab for your graphics card. Look under the Performance and Quality settings for Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering. Switch them both off. Click Apply and close the dialog.