Author Topic: lines across the screen  (Read 3418 times)

kenace

lines across the screen
« on: 2005-01-25 08:30:32 »
i have a problem with ff8 for pc with lines appearing across my screen
i don't know what is the cause but it only happens during game play
the movies play fine can someone help me please :(

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
lines across the screen
« Reply #1 on: 2005-01-25 19:52:44 »
It's pretty normal...

It popped up somewhere in the Driver releases. I had stumbled onto a fix for it at one time, for a certain Nvidia card.... but, the last time I checked the lines were back. Should be in the Great FF7 FAQ thread somewhere.... I imagine it only works with that one certain driver. And I don't know if Gigabytes Driver will work on any other card.... Maybe you'll have luck with Nivida's closest driver?

here it is.....

I just want to add something....
It's about FF8, I have a Gigabyte FX5900XT, on Win98SE, and I'm using Gigabyte's Driver of Detonator 53.03.

With the AA set to the customized "FF0d" of the original post, the grid lines on the backgrounds are 99% fixed. Great job in figuring out those settings. The other customized FF settings give grid lines, except for that FF0d. I guess I'll mess around with FF7 later..... it's too late to mess with it now.

Gigabyte's 53.03 driver. I don't know...and really doubt that it will work on anything other than a Gigabyte Card.... Use at your own risk.  I guess you could just unpack it and then upgrade the driver thru System....but.... I don't know.

Take a guess? I have no idea what Gigabyte based their 53.03 off of. A guess would be the Beta version of Forceware.

kenace

not nvidia
« Reply #2 on: 2005-01-27 13:09:34 »
my card isn't nvidia
i don't really know wat it is    :erm:
wat i know is
pentium 4b
1.6 gigherz
20gig hdd
and 268 ram
and it cant be cos of windows XP cos it has a compatability options which i can choose to use compatibility for certain windows

lol it int a massive problem only during game play
the movies are playing absoluteley ace tho :D

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
lines across the screen
« Reply #3 on: 2005-01-27 18:49:53 »
It's a video driver problem.....
That's the only workaround I know, and for the Nvidia. Your either going to have to live with it, or get a PS1.

oglsmm

• View Profile
lines across the screen
« Reply #4 on: 2005-01-27 20:01:26 »
If its ATI try turning off Anti-Alasing in the drivers options. That worked for me.

If you don't know what you card is, I suggest you find out as it's very hard to help you troubleshoot it, when we don't know what we are dealing with.

And also just so you know, I have personally never ever had the Windows XP compatibility mode work for me on anything. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but if it does it's not that reliable, nor was it meant to be.

It also helps (at least it helps me) if you at least try to write in proper english. It's very hard to read your writing as it is.

kenace

thnx
« Reply #5 on: 2005-01-28 10:46:57 »
i'll try doing some of that stuff and also the compatibility mode works perfect for me  hehe  :D