Author Topic: Mods will not download.  (Read 8222 times)

Mr_Smart

• View Profile
Mods will not download.
« on: 2016-06-25 21:03:03 »
Okay I need some help. I have been trying to download the mods from the 7th Heaven tutorial but when I start downloading one the progress does not go up and it just keeps saying calculating. I did read that if the download is not working you can just cancel it but when I cancel the download it doesn't cancel and it just stays in the download menu doing nothing.  :| :x

iDerek759

• View Profile
Re: Mods will not download.
« Reply #1 on: 2016-06-25 21:34:51 »
Okay I need some help. I have been trying to download the mods from the 7th Heaven tutorial but when I start downloading one the progress does not go up and it just keeps saying calculating. I did read that if the download is not working you can just cancel it but when I cancel the download it doesn't cancel and it just stays in the download menu doing nothing.  :| :x

If other issues arise, you can try skimming through the FAQ section http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16538.0 and see if anything works out for you.
I did notice this post from EQ2Alyza that may help, not sure though...

Mr_Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-06-25 22:07:47 »
If other issues arise, you can try skimming through the FAQ section http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16538.0 and see if anything works out for you.
I did notice this post from EQ2Alyza that may help, not sure though...

Yeah I tried that and it did not work and I also looked at the FAQ but I did not find anything that would help. Should i just uninstall 7th Heaven and if so how would I do that?

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-06-25 22:21:05 »
Well, is it happening with all the mods? Or just certain mods in particular? Cause if you can manage to download like a small one say.... Field Models - Objects, and try activating it and launching the game, then 7th Heaven shouldn't be the issue.

Mr_Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-06-25 22:37:33 »
Well, is it happening with all the mods? Or just certain mods in particular? Cause if you can manage to download like a small one say.... Field Models - Objects, and try activating it and launching the game, then 7th Heaven shouldn't be the issue.
no its all the mods and now some of them are giving me error messages on the right side. I really have no idea why its doing this? :|

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-06-25 22:51:07 »
Welp, the only other option I can think of is try uninstalling everything/wiping everything and starting fresh by running the game converter again and making sure everything is pointing to where it needs to be. Sorry I can't be anymore helpful.  :|

Mr_Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-06-25 23:11:18 »
Welp, the only other option I can think of is try uninstalling everything/wiping everything and starting fresh by running the game converter again and making sure everything is pointing to where it needs to be. Sorry I can't be anymore helpful.  :|
okay i deleted everything and ran the ff7 registry cleaner but how do i uninstall or get rid of 7th heaven?

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-06-25 23:24:29 »
okay i deleted everything and ran the ff7 registry cleaner but how do i uninstall or get rid of 7th heaven?

So, I believe you don't have to delete 7th Heaven fully, just do: C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/7thWorkshop and just wipe everything from there. Then just run the Game Converter again from STEP 1 and see if anything new happens. Also, just to make sure, try running everything with admin privileges when you do. That's caused some users some issues in the past and that always ended up fixing issues with 7th Heaven.

Mr_Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-06-26 00:08:19 »
So, I believe you don't have to delete 7th Heaven fully, just do: C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/7thWorkshop and just wipe everything from there. Then just run the Game Converter again from STEP 1 and see if anything new happens. Also, just to make sure, try running everything with admin privileges when you do. That's caused some users some issues in the past and that always ended up fixing issues with 7th Heaven.
Nope its still not downloading I tried to download the walking animation mod but it dose not download and when i tried to cancel the download it would do nothing and a bunch of error messages popped up on the right side. I still have no idea whats happening.  :(

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2016-06-26 00:13:00 »
Nope its still not downloading I tried to download the walking animation mod but it dose not download and when i tried to cancel the download it would do nothing and a bunch of error messages popped up on the right side. I still have no idea whats happening.  :(

Hmm, I'm currently downloading the Media - Movies mod and it's working on my end so I don't know what to tell you... :|
« Last Edit: 2016-06-27 00:04:32 by iDerek759 »

Mr_Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-06-26 00:19:31 »
Hmm, I'm currently downloading the Media - Movies mod and it's working on my end so I don't what to tell you... :|
Would the problem be caused by the workshop settings?

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2016-06-26 00:23:09 »
Would the problem be caused by the workshop settings?

I'm not entirely sure, can you screen cap what you have in it? Maybe I can see what's going on then.

Mr_Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2016-06-26 00:30:28 »
I'm not entirely sure, can you screen cap what you have in it? Maybe I can see what's going on then.
https://ibin.co/2lw0Gl0Or52w.png here you go. I hope it helps.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2016-06-26 00:37:43 »
https://ibin.co/2lw0Gl0Or52w.png here you go. I hope it helps.

Oh man, ya know what? I think your subscription link might be wrong. Here, I'm just gonna throw you a bone, try using this one: iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dDBkYkDu

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: 2016-06-26 00:43:02 »
I don't know where he got that subscription link. That was the old 1.0 Catalog which I have taken down long ago, and it's not used in STEP 3 anymore.

Mr_Smart

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2016-06-26 00:44:16 »
Oh man, ya know what? I think your subscription link might be wrong. Here, I'm just gonna throw you a bone, try using this one: iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dDBkYkDu
It works! Thank you for your help! ;D

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2016-06-26 00:45:38 »
I don't know where he got that subscription link. That was the old 1.0 Catalog which I have taken down long ago, and it's not used in STEP 3 anymore.

Hey EQ2Alyza! The answer queen right here!  :-D
Yeah, I've just been trying to help him out the best I can, lol.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2016-06-26 00:47:28 »
It works! Thank you for your help! ;D

It's working? Awesome! Enjoy the mod life now, lol.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: 2016-06-26 05:00:46 »
Hey EQ2Alyza! The answer queen right here!  :-D
Yeah, I've just been trying to help him out the best I can, lol.

Thank you, I appreciate it :)