Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838278 times)

Maverick4031

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7700 on: 2019-04-28 20:13:11 »
thanks sega chief lol. so i did notice something in my travels....the max ray seems to not exist in northern crater....and i don't see it anywhere else. i had to use the black chocobo program to load it into my save so i can make barret's ult. weapon. maybe i missed it, but i figured i'd mention it in case it was a mistake.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: 2019-04-28 21:36:53 »
thanks sega chief lol. so i did notice something in my travels....the max ray seems to not exist in northern crater....and i don't see it anywhere else. i had to use the black chocobo program to load it into my save so i can make barret's ult. weapon. maybe i missed it, but i figured i'd mention it in case it was a mistake.

I think Armored Golem has it along with Pile Bunker (or is it pile banger, I forget). One was a drop and one was a steal from that enemy, but you'll need a sneak glove equipped for the steal.

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #7702 on: 2019-04-28 22:08:39 »
It is, I was working on it today. I've been doing scripting through the Midgar section for the revised Arrange mode and I've reworked the scene.bin to bring back a lot of the default enemy formations that I originally cut to make space. New Kernel with the equipment, character stats, spells, etc. has also been finished.

This is amazing. Thank you for all the effort you put in this, it is immensely appreciated. Out of interest, have you ever thought about https://www.patreon.com/ ?

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7703 on: 2019-04-29 04:16:43 »
bah....so i thought i had the dark matter item from cait sith's quest. apparently its not there. anything i can do to fix it? lol thanks :P at any rate i still appreciate all your work on this mod. kinda hard to look at ff7 the same after having played it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7704 on: 2019-04-29 11:15:19 »
This is amazing. Thank you for all the effort you put in this, it is immensely appreciated. Out of interest, have you ever thought about https://www.patreon.com/ ?

Cheers, bud. I'll have a look into it, couldn't hurt to have one.

bah....so i thought i had the dark matter item from cait sith's quest. apparently its not there. anything i can do to fix it? lol thanks :P at any rate i still appreciate all your work on this mod. kinda hard to look at ff7 the same after having played it.

I think Dark Matter is a key item; is it listed in there? If so and the guy isn't allowing for trade to get HP Shout then maybe the script there is checking for wrong thing or something else is missing. If it isn't listed under key items then I'll need to borrow your save file as key items are added via variables (not sure if black choco can add them or not).

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7705 on: 2019-04-29 17:25:53 »
i'll have to give you my save...unless you know what item you edited to add dark matter in? cuz that's how i got max ray cuz i couldn't get golem to drop it at all.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7706 on: 2019-04-29 17:30:32 »
on a more fun note, i am glad to report that barret is STILL the reigning champion in terms of being a total tank wall. the only things that can stop him are those pesky piercing attacks you have generously spread throughout the game's sub-bosses and bosses....and the poorly-timed status effects. i'm literally sitting in 1v1 with nemesis as i type this....the poor bastard can't break him down now that he got buffed with resist.....plus the emergency elemental gravity/???? enemy skill combo to bypass touph ring's downside.

all the fight is now is long drag-out slug fest between an unstoppable force and an immovable object. its awesome lol.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7707 on: 2019-04-29 17:41:07 »
also on that note....i literally have to rely on barret for that fight, because keeping the others alive is damn near impossible due to nemesis's turn speed and how strong his techs are....and im not set up for limit breaks on him currently so he really can only boop him on the noggin until he dies lol.

Beth_Esda

• View Profile
« Reply #7708 on: 2019-04-29 23:50:50 »
Is it possible to play this mod on the Vita version of the game? I've tried and tried to find the answer on my own, but figured I'd just go ahead and ask here.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7709 on: 2019-04-30 09:58:36 »
Is it possible to play this mod on the Vita version of the game? I've tried and tried to find the answer on my own, but figured I'd just go ahead and ask here.

If the vita version uses a PC port then it should be, but you'll need a way to get the files off there to patch them and to then get them back on the device. PSP had a bunch of programs that could do that, not sure what's out there for vita though.

also on that note....i literally have to rely on barret for that fight, because keeping the others alive is damn near impossible due to nemesis's turn speed and how strong his techs are....and im not set up for limit breaks on him currently so he really can only boop him on the noggin until he dies lol.

That guy is more or less a recreation of the FFX boss; he has a few status weaknesses that can make it a bit easier.

Beth_Esda

• View Profile
« Reply #7710 on: 2019-04-30 13:38:40 »
I believe the vita version is just a PS1 port :/ Is it possible to convert the PC version of the game into something that could run on Vita? (Disclaimer: I own ~four different versions of this game, including the Steam version. Not trying to pirate anything; just looking to see if it’s possible to play the mod on the go. If not, that’s totally fine.)

[email protected]

• View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: 2019-04-30 14:33:54 »
« Last Edit: 2019-05-06 12:23:54 by Cicciolo »

Ai

• View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: 2019-05-01 01:33:26 »
Thanks for this mod, it really revived the game for me.
Oh yeah, that chest that have *nothing* it in, i think it would be more funny if it actually given something....like....

...a potion.

I think it's actually more rage inducing imo. :P

I'm surprised how stable it was, given how many things got changed, nice job!

I managed to turn the *flower girl* into a epic tank-mage, somehow managed to get 255 to def/spirit and magic, she carried me quite hard...maybe too hard? i given her a staff that given vit/spr same for her accecory, used the hp/mp reverse materia and a few other materia also spend all source on that +def +spr +mag to buff those stats to 255.

Just made sure she had resist on since ribbon was a no-go.

Quite funny how my other members took 2000+ via AOE while she only take around 80. xD
Really liked how viable the hp/mp reverse can be.

Planning to play the arranged mode, but i heard the next update will change that quite a bit, so i will gonna wait for that.

Thanks again for this mod.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: 2019-05-01 18:31:02 »
Thanks for this mod, it really revived the game for me.
Oh yeah, that chest that have *nothing* it in, i think it would be more funny if it actually given something....like....

...a potion.

I think it's actually more rage inducing imo. :P

I'm surprised how stable it was, given how many things got changed, nice job!

I managed to turn the *flower girl* into a epic tank-mage, somehow managed to get 255 to def/spirit and magic, she carried me quite hard...maybe too hard? i given her a staff that given vit/spr same for her accecory, used the hp/mp reverse materia and a few other materia also spend all source on that +def +spr +mag to buff those stats to 255.

Just made sure she had resist on since ribbon was a no-go.

Quite funny how my other members took 2000+ via AOE while she only take around 80. xD
Really liked how viable the hp/mp reverse can be.

Planning to play the arranged mode, but i heard the next update will change that quite a bit, so i will gonna wait for that.

Thanks again for this mod.

No worries, bud; glad you enjoyed it (a certain treasure chest on a certain floor behind a certain boss notwithstanding).

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: 2019-05-02 03:22:38 »
fun little question. since you have drastically edited the materia, which materia are best suited to barret's missing score damage?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: 2019-05-02 10:15:31 »
fun little question. since you have drastically edited the materia, which materia are best suited to barret's missing score damage?

The new materia Osmose (accidentally) has the highest master requirement. Behind that is Heal materia, and then some of the command + support materia like Deathblow, Morph, Magic Counter, Command-Counter, Mime.

To max the weapon out, 3 Osmose + 1 Command/Support ought to do it but it might be worth trading one of those out for Elemental + [Elemental Magic Materia) just for the 2x damage. Anything that is 1-star contributes nothing to it as far as I know.

CDragon1986

• View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: 2019-05-04 11:14:40 »
Downloaded the Steam version of New Threat (absolutely zero luck getting 7th Heaven to work), plus the hotfix. Was I supposed to run to a recolored Guard Scorpion dealing 4 digits worth of damage per hit before even setting the bomb in Reactor 1???

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: 2019-05-04 11:57:23 »
Downloaded the Steam version of New Threat (absolutely zero luck getting 7th Heaven to work), plus the hotfix. Was I supposed to run to a recolored Guard Scorpion dealing 4 digits worth of damage per hit before even setting the bomb in Reactor 1???

No, this bug happens if the scene.bin (enemies) and the kernel.bin aren't synched with each other; there's a look-up table that determines what encounters to load and if this table is wrong, the wrong encounters get loaded. It sounds like in this case that the kernel.bin isn't patched. This is usually due to file permissions; make sure that the main installer and the hotfix installer are unblocked (right-click then properties; if a button called 'Unblock' is visible then click it). They should also be run as admin.

Another thing that can help a lot is installing FF7 in a non-systems folder; program folders, the default location used by Steam games, have a higher level of protection. You can specify an alternate install directory for the game when installing it through Steam. Putting it in a new folder on the C: Drive (or an alternate drive) will make it less likely to be interrupted during patching. Anti-virus can also interfere so these may need to have exceptions set up if they're tampering with the installers.

And when all else fails, there's directly replacing the files to avoid any security issues: https://www.mediafire.com/file/c57at39b54geauy/Direct_Patch.zip/file
Drop that into the Final Fantasy VII folder and hit accept on all overwrite/folder merge notifications.

CDragon1986

• View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: 2019-05-04 13:39:28 »
No, this bug happens if the scene.bin (enemies) and the kernel.bin aren't synched with each other; there's a look-up table that determines what encounters to load and if this table is wrong, the wrong encounters get loaded. It sounds like in this case that the kernel.bin isn't patched. This is usually due to file permissions; make sure that the main installer and the hotfix installer are unblocked (right-click then properties; if a button called 'Unblock' is visible then click it). They should also be run as admin.

Another thing that can help a lot is installing FF7 in a non-systems folder; program folders, the default location used by Steam games, have a higher level of protection. You can specify an alternate install directory for the game when installing it through Steam. Putting it in a new folder on the C: Drive (or an alternate drive) will make it less likely to be interrupted during patching. Anti-virus can also interfere so these may need to have exceptions set up if they're tampering with the installers.

And when all else fails, there's directly replacing the files to avoid any security issues: https://www.mediafire.com/file/c57at39b54geauy/Direct_Patch.zip/file
Drop that into the Final Fantasy VII folder and hit accept on all overwrite/folder merge notifications.

Even after overwriting with the Direct Patch, I still run into him in the same area. Could the Steam editions of ChaOS and/or AVALANCHE ARISEN be causing a conflict? I wouldn't have thought so, but those are the only other things I have.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: 2019-05-04 13:43:47 »
It depends what those mods change and how they're being patched in. If they're field background mods, and they're being patched in without 7th Heaven, then what they're probably doing is overwriting the flevel/field which has the game's event scripts, encounter tables, etc.

What I did for NT was condense enemy formations to make space for new ones, so if default enemy encounter tables are being used to select random battles then unintended fights are going to be triggered.

When starting a new game, are you being given the option of selecting game mode or does the opening FMV play right away? If it's playing the FMV right after selecting new game then NT's field scripts have been overwritten.

CDragon1986

• View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: 2019-05-04 13:54:18 »
It depends what those mods change and how they're being patched in. If they're field background mods, and they're being patched in without 7th Heaven, then what they're probably doing is overwriting the flevel/field which has the game's event scripts, encounter tables, etc.

What I did for NT was condense enemy formations to make space for new ones, so if default enemy encounter tables are being used to select random battles then unintended fights are going to be triggered.

When starting a new game, are you being given the option of selecting game mode or does the opening FMV play right away? If it's playing the FMV right after selecting new game then NT's field scripts have been overwritten.

Ah ha. When I first installed New Threat, I got the game mode option. After I installed ChaOS and ARISEN, I stopped receiving it. A quick check of the install instructions shows ChaOS might be the culprit. It changes various character models (battle, char, chocobo, flevel, high-us, and world_us). A shame, since the character models are pretty nice. ARISEN basically make the battlefield look nicer.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: 2019-05-04 14:11:32 »
Ah ha. When I first installed New Threat, I got the game mode option. After I installed ChaOS and ARISEN, I stopped receiving it. A quick check of the install instructions shows ChaOS might be the culprit. It changes various character models (battle, char, chocobo, flevel, high-us, and world_us). A shame, since the character models are pretty nice. ARISEN basically make the battlefield look nicer.

I'll check into Chaos and see if I can remove the conflicting change.

Edit: I think the only thing getting changed in flevel is some textures, but I what I did was I ran the flevel through the chaos lgp installer and I think it's retained the encounter table; try using this flevel (goes in Data/Field folder):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dfmmcbyofy1y71s/flevel.zip/file
« Last Edit: 2019-05-04 14:37:45 by Sega Chief »

CDragon1986

• View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: 2019-05-04 14:59:47 »
I'll check into Chaos and see if I can remove the conflicting change.

Edit: I think the only thing getting changed in flevel is some textures, but I what I did was I ran the flevel through the chaos lgp installer and I think it's retained the encounter table; try using this flevel (goes in Data/Field folder):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dfmmcbyofy1y71s/flevel.zip/file

Looks like it's working! You've been a real peach, Sega Chief! Thanks! ;D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: 2019-05-04 15:05:21 »
Looks like it's working! You've been a real peach, Sega Chief! Thanks! ;D

Nice, let me know if there are any other problems.

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: 2019-05-05 11:56:23 »
Hello Sega Chief,

i only played the vanilla version of FF7, but your Mod looks awesome. I will defenitly play it.

I read some pages before you are working on the final patch to your mod. Should i wait on it or should i start with the current version? Are there coming many new things or just bug fixes? So the difference arent so much? When the patch is coming e.g. in a few months, when i can wait, but when its hard to tell when it comes maybe 1 year or even longer i would play the current version. What do you suggest me? Wait or start now?

And when i want to play your Mod with the Remako Mod and maybe with the Chaos Mod, which install order you suggest and does it make sense when i am only using your and 1-2 graphic mods to install 7 heaven mod manager?