Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (2.0.0)  (Read 465973 times)

Roden

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC/PSX] Field Editor - Makou Reactor (1.6.2)
« Reply #400 on: 2014-11-11 00:03:16 »
Strange, did you try inserting the new field file using cdprog? As long as your file is only slightly larger than the original one it will still fit into the sector.

Mostly that is the safest way to go. Extract your whole FIELD directory using cdmage, then mod the directory using MR and finally insert the modded files in cdprog, that's 100%.

Another issue when using a different method like Hack7 or MassIsoupdate is increasing the ISO size. As I know that you are creating mods you should know that it is pretty tricky to have the image size increased as you can't make small ppfs anymore.

For MR this may be a small bug in the save ISO function.
Yes most definitely a bug IMO. Because as soon as it tries to move it to a new sector the game just doesn't use it, instead it just uses the old script. I never noticed before because I always used MassIsoUpdate.  I also replicated the problem with original Japanese version,  as soon as it changes the sector for rootmap.dat (this time to LBA 202) it just uses the original script and not the updated one.

So with Makou iso save feature it seems it doesn't like an increase in filesize... to replicate just open the ISO, copy and paste the existing script a few times over in rootmap.dat (until it moves the file to new sector) and now Makou will only see the new script, but the game will default to whatever old script was in the original sector. Now the question is does Makou do this with all fields or just this one?

meesbaker: Yes, it is strange... CDProg is not option due to filesize. And yes MassIsoUpdate increases the ISO size by 2 bytes, but at least it always works and I can insert decent amount of text, which is probably what people using a field editor want to do otherwise they would use translation tools. A lot of people can download like 10 GB in like a minute now anyway.

Edit: Yes it seems this occurs with all fields unfortunately, as I added some very explicit text which did not appear.  ;D

Also some other smaller bugs I found:
1. If you add a new text to the end of the list (for example, there's 15 texts, and you add number 16), then you can't use it for a window autosize preview. At least not until you add number 17 (and then 16 works).
2. If you save an ISO and its busy (such as with CDmage) it returns an error about being busy. If you then close CDmage and then try to save it, it will just fail over and over again. So basically you will lose all your work if your ISO is accidentally busy.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-11 00:26:11 by Roden »

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #401 on: 2014-11-11 17:35:05 »
MR auto deletes unused text, so if you create new dialogue but never call upon it in a field script the dialogue will just be erased.

Completely false, only ghost texts are erased.

I just came across maybe a major bug with the PS1 version. [...]

It seems that is a rellocation bug when the field is bigger than the original.

1. If you add a new text to the end of the list (for example, there's 15 texts, and you add number 16), then you can't use it for a window autosize preview. At least not until you add number 17 (and then 16 works).

Fixed recently, thanks anyway!

2. If you save an ISO and its busy (such as with CDmage) it returns an error about being busy. If you then close CDmage and then try to save it, it will just fail over and over again. So basically you will lose all your work if your ISO is accidentally busy.

Strange, I'll look at it.

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2014-11-11 18:35:31 »
Thanks for the quick reply on this. Other than those bugs, the program is perfect :D

It seems that is a rellocation bug when the field is bigger than the original.
Yes, it does seem so. I'm willing to help test it if you need it, I hope it can be fixed. :)

Fixed recently, thanks anyway!

Strange, I'll look at it.
Great!  ;D

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2014-11-11 18:55:03 »
What do you mean by ghost texts? When I delete the command to display a certain dialogue it is gone from the texts section after saving and reloading.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2014-11-12 23:39:14 »
Bug?

The "set movie" opcode list seems to be wrong?  The wrong movie tags are listed.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #405 on: 2014-11-14 21:33:36 »
Bug?

The "set movie" opcode list seems to be wrong?  The wrong movie tags are listed.

Maybe there are three lists: one per disc.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2014-11-15 14:27:49 »
In Makou when I look at which movie is being told to play (like the one when Corel trainc rashes), the correct movie is being played (The ID must be correct), but the text is wrong.  It is stating another FMV.

JBedford128

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2014-11-15 14:53:54 »
There are three lists, one per disc ;)

If your game thinks you're on a different disc then a different FMV will play, or the game will crash. I don't know where Makou's full list of FMVs come from, but here is D1's FMVs. Don't know if anyone's documented a list of D2's or D3's.

Makou would have to list three FMVs for each ID, for each disc.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2014-11-15 15:34:52 »
 :-P  I see.  Thanks for that!

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2014-11-16 21:31:53 »
Does anyone know what's up with displaying coordinate variables in a dialogue box? The triangle ID comes up OK, so does X coord (at least most of the time), and then Y is in hexadecimal for some reason (though it oddly worked out OK a few times.. and sometimes not OK, unless I interpreted it wrong). Added them as 16-bit variables. Seems to be buggy when you display more than one variable in a window at the same time, though didn't try one at a time yet..

Reason is I was just using it for testing positions and directions and such, but still its quite a pain :P

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #410 on: 2014-11-16 21:50:48 »
{VARN} is not a good name for this tag. In fact there is one which display a variable in decimal, another wich display in hexadecimal, and I don't remember for the third.
So there is a confusion with the opcode "set window variable" which set a variable in the order of appearance in the text.

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2014-11-16 23:40:06 »
{VARN} is not a good name for this tag. In fact there is one which display a variable in decimal, another wich display in hexadecimal, and I don't remember for the third.
So there is a confusion with the opcode "set window variable" which set a variable in the order of appearance in the text.
Interesting. That makes more sense. Thanks!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2014-11-18 22:51:10 »
How does the model animation speed and model movement speed value work?  There is very little documentation on how these work?

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2014-11-19 12:57:57 »
How does the model animation speed and model movement speed value work?  There is very little documentation on how these work?
Always thought these were quite simple? Here's what I know, sorry if you were looking for more detailed answer :D

Model animation speed = 1 means play it at normal speed. At 2 it plays it at maybe half-speed (i.e. slower). Beyond that I didn't experiment (I guess it becomes ultra slower?).
Model movement speed: Around 3000 is running, and 1500 is walking IIRC. Lower or higher than that then you start moving at non-human speeds obviously, which can be useful at times. I just used a 5000 myself.

myst6re: I also found another bug in the text editor, this one is quite annoying, when using the memory option to pull string data from variables, you can only set the memory to use banks 1 or 11. If you do change it to something else, it won't be saved when you go to another text box and then come back, it will just reset to 1 or 11.

If you check the game scripts you can see they use banks other than 1 and 11, so it is bug IMO. For example, Chocobo Farm uses: {MEMORY:var[15][74];size=1}, but this would be impossible to set using your text editor. You could only have [1][74] or [1][#whatever] or [11] [#whatever].

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2014-11-19 14:36:54 »
"Around" isn't really what I was looking for.  I need a proper picture of what's happening and what the correct values are overall.  How they are used.  Movement speed works on both walking and running.

Also
Mystere
Your Gateways text is still confusing

Destination point X Y ID
Should be X Y T

Also, these should be permanently marked, since they are hardcoded for use with the timer:

1[20] Hours
1[21]Minutes
1[22]Seconds
1[23]Frames (30 frames = 1 second)

@Sithlord
Save map needs updating, http://wiki.qhimm.com/view/FF7/Savemap#Save_Memory_Bank_1.2F2

BB7 is 0-29 (At least it should be, but it can fluctuate due to the bad time limiter.  But it def is the frame count).
« Last Edit: 2014-11-20 21:59:41 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2014-11-21 14:31:30 »
Hi Mystere, any chance of an urgent update?  I need to get cracking updating the entire savemap into a database, but to do that I need to scan variables.  The new makou does not allow seaarching for variables that are read / written to on their own.  You have to provide a value.  Any chance of making this so that if value box is empty, it searches for the read / write var only, without having to need to provide the value.

I need to be able to search for a variable on its own... read/write/bit/byte.  All matches returned.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-21 18:00:06 by DLPB »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #416 on: 2014-11-21 21:37:02 »
myst6re: I also found another bug in the text editor, this one is quite annoying, when using the memory option to pull string data from variables, you can only set the memory to use banks 1 or 11. If you do change it to something else, it won't be saved when you go to another text box and then come back, it will just reset to 1 or 11.

If you check the game scripts you can see they use banks other than 1 and 11, so it is bug IMO. For example, Chocobo Farm uses: {MEMORY:var[15][74];size=1}, but this would be impossible to set using your text editor. You could only have [1][74] or [1][#whatever] or [11] [#whatever].

MEMORY does not work natively with 15 banks, but with only 5. Makou shows 15 banks for consistency.
Code: [Select]
0 -> 1 & 2
1 -> 3 & 4
2 -> 11 & 12
3 -> 13 & 14
4 -> 7 & 15

Makes sense? (DLPB?)
I tested, and edit {MEMORY:var[15][74];size=1} seems to work. You replace 15 by what exactly?

Hi Mystere, any chance of an urgent update?  I need to get cracking updating the entire savemap into a database, but to do that I need to scan variables.  The new makou does not allow seaarching for variables that are read / written to on their own.  You have to provide a value.  Any chance of making this so that if value box is empty, it searches for the read / write var only, without having to need to provide the value.

I need to be able to search for a variable on its own... read/write/bit/byte.  All matches returned.

I seen that, it a regression since the last version. So you can use the version 1.6.1 if it possible.

Your Gateways text is still confusing

Destination point X Y ID
Should be X Y T

What is the difference between T and ID? Is it Triangle ID in both cases?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2014-11-21 21:40:41 »
I'll post a better explanation about how you can deal with banks and get rid of variables (for the user) altogether later.

As for the going back to earlier Makou...  the earlier one will still not show up all occurrences of a variable.  So I'll wait until your new one is released  8)

edit... hmm perhaps the older one does show up all vars?
« Last Edit: 2014-11-21 21:45:26 by DLPB »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #418 on: 2014-11-21 21:59:26 »
I'll post a better explanation about how you can deal with banks and get rid of variables (for the user) altogether later.

As for the going back to earlier Makou...  the earlier one will still not show up all occurrences of a variable.  So I'll wait until your new one is released  8)

edit... hmm perhaps the older one does show up all vars?

Oh sorry I read through, I found a bug with the search and I was thinking that you were talking about that.

So you need a global search... I remember that a feature like this was in Seto, the ancestor of Makou Reactory, but it was... long time ago :D

I'll see when I can do this search feature.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2014-11-21 22:01:08 »
Yeah basically, if I search for [1][122] it will go through ALL occurrences, regardless of type.

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2014-11-22 02:48:14 »
I tested, and edit {MEMORY:var[15][74];size=1} seems to work. You replace 15 by what exactly?
I don't think you understood what I meant. If you create a new text dialogue box, and use the memory feature, it's impossible to use any number in the first variable box except 1 or 11. I'm not talking about editing that chocobo one. For example try to set {MEMORY:var[5][74];size=1} to a new text box and look what happens after you click OK and come back to it. It will switch to {MEMORY:var[1][74];size=1}

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #421 on: 2014-11-22 10:19:54 »
That's because bank 5 is a temporary bank and can't be used in the memory tag.

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2014-11-22 10:43:23 »
That's because bank 5 is a temporary bank and can't be used in the memory tag.
I see, that makes more sense. I did not know this tag was restricted to certain banks. I actually needed it for a temp reason, but 11[0] serves my purpose well anyway as I found out its the temporary Chocobo name from the Gold Saucer.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2014-11-27 12:10:56 »
Could you add a comparison between two flevels (and for PSX dat files)? It would be a big help to compare a modified flevel against a unmodified. Even a comparison between PSX and PC would be great. There are a few differences in the scripts (I only knew gldgate has on PSX more scripts for Cloud).
I think it's enough if the difference would be highlighted with a color and should only indicate the field and the group of the field.

Roden

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2014-11-27 20:01:02 »
Could you add a comparison between two flevels (and for PSX dat files)? It would be a big help to compare a modified flevel against a unmodified. Even a comparison between PSX and PC would be great. There are a few differences in the scripts (I only knew gldgate has on PSX more scripts for Cloud).
I think it's enough if the difference would be highlighted with a color and should only indicate the field and the group of the field.
Yeah, not sure how important it is to you, but some extra helper functions for the script editor would be handy.. anything that saves some time. Such as..

1. Perhaps a better way to add If statements and labels? It's a little awkward using it currently. Especially when you copy and paste and it does a major freak out messing up your view of the script until you fix the labels. And then when you fix it, it leaves behind an extra if statement for some reason. It's rather simple to fix, but takes a little time..
2. I think before you mentioned a text editor? That might be handy for some things if you can switch in and out easily. Possibly for the above point.