Author Topic: LOCKED: FF7 freezes in first battle  (Read 10566 times)

simas291

• View Profile
LOCKED: FF7 freezes in first battle
« on: 2011-05-18 18:52:15 »
So the thing is, ive recentely installed ff7 and some mods (_YAMP_-_Yet_Another_Multi-Patcher; _Higher_quality_Cloud_mod_; _NPC_Reconstruction_Project_for_FF7PC_0.6_mod_; _Advent_Avatars_mod_; ._New_Spell_Patch_; and programs like SceneReduxV1_2; TrueMotion_codec) and did that while folloving the miracle.flames step by step instructions.So i loaded disc 2, pressed new game, watched the cutscene, and then, upon entering the first battle, it just froze.(i can still hear the music though which sometimes crashes for a short period of time) After a few sec i got a message, saying that ff7.exe is not responding, and,unfortunately, the only way i could shut it down was by turning off/restaring the pc.

I hope someone has the solution to whis :)

im running windows xp. Intel(R) pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60Ggz 1.59Ghz, 256mb RAM
« Last Edit: 2011-05-20 18:30:16 by Bosola »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 freezes in first battle
« Reply #1 on: 2011-05-18 19:13:10 »
i dont know, try reinstalling the game without all those outdated mods and then add things one by one testing if they work before moving on to the next mod.

simas291

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-05-18 19:18:20 »
i dont know, try reinstalling the game without all those outdated mods and then add things one by one testing if they work before moving on to the next mod.
well, i do need all of them, and ive already done enough re-installs(with all of aali custom drivers stuff....grr still did not got it to work)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-05-18 21:42:48 »
try reinstalling the game without all those outdated mods and then add things one by one testing if they work before moving on to the next mod.

and use aalis driver from the start as that is mandatory.

simas291

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-05-19 13:29:06 »
and use aalis driver from the start as that is mandatory.
i tried that like 25 times now, and no matter what i do, at the start of the game it always say - "your  open gl render appears to be microsoft software. Expect extreme lag." and its just imposible to play then...
« Last Edit: 2011-05-19 13:34:21 by simas291 »

Gamecollector

« Reply #5 on: 2011-05-19 14:07:17 »
Videocard and video drivers info please...

simas291

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-05-19 14:29:45 »
Videocard and video drivers info please...
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460(Microsoft Corporation) im not so into pc's so i dont really know the other one, or where to find it.I would really appreciate if you could tell me where to find it though  ;D
« Last Edit: 2011-05-19 15:48:30 by simas291 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-05-19 16:53:29 »
"your  open gl render appears to be microsoft software

generally means your graphic drivers are not installed or properly installed.

simas291

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-05-19 16:56:44 »
"your  open gl render appears to be microsoft software

generally means your graphic drivers are not installed or properly installed.
so how could i re-install it or install in properly?
« Last Edit: 2011-05-19 17:11:15 by simas291 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-05-19 17:30:01 »
Google your graphic card and place "drivers" next to it.  Or look at the nvidia site and download the drivers.

simas291

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-05-20 10:22:49 »
Google your graphic card and place "drivers" next to it.  Or look at the nvidia site and download the drivers.
Ok so ive installed the latest driver, re-installed ff7, used 1.02 patch and alli's latest driver, changed window size y to 1024 and windows size x to 768 (in ff7_opengl) set to custom driver in ff7config, and after i ran the game nothing happened.It didint even opened the game window.

So................ what now? :D

simas291

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-05-20 14:43:13 »
No one knows a solution to whis? :o

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-05-20 16:00:22 »
Check app.log i n the game folder and send contents here.

simas291

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-05-20 16:18:00 »
the only file ive found with the name APP was a text document,  and it was completely empty...
« Last Edit: 2011-05-20 16:19:39 by simas291 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-05-20 16:34:17 »
If you have just run the game and then it crashed or didnt open it should have some information.  It is possible you have not installed aalis driver properly.  Go to his thread and read it.

simas291

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-05-20 17:02:13 »
Ok so i attemted to reinstall everything again, to get alli's driver working. And after i installed the 1.02 patch, i wanted to put a savedata from first save point so i dont have to watch the intro movie every time i want to test how some mods/patches effects the game. I started the game and after the in eidos intro, it crashed and i had to restart the pc.Ive did not experienced it before installing my graphics card driver, so i think it may be the reason.(In NVIDIA site i found driver download with the exact name as my card - NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460 and downloaded it, im really new to whis stuff, so im not sure its the right one ;D)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011-05-20 17:09:36 »
Your problem is you lack even the basics... you need:

1.  original game, NOT downloaded.
2. Install correct graphic drivers.
3. Install game.
4. Install aalis driver properly with 1.02 patch.
5. Run game and if it doesnt work, check app log.

simas291

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011-05-20 17:17:11 »
Your problem is you lack even the basics... you need:

1.  original game, NOT downloaded.
2. Install correct graphic drivers.
3. Install game.
4. Install aalis driver properly with 1.02 patch.
5. Run game and if it doesnt work, check app log.
Well, i dont have an original game, and since the downloded one worked before i installed the mods and driver(graphic card), i dont really think its the games fault :D And mabye you could tell me what driver i need, if it the one named exatly the same as my graphic card doesnt do the trick(if theres any chance that its like that)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011-05-20 17:45:28 »
Well, i dont have an original game, and since the downloded one worked before i installed the mods and driver(graphic card), i dont really think its the games fault :D And mabye you could tell me what driver i need, if it the one named exatly the same as my graphic card doesnt do the trick(if theres any chance that its like that)
Well, since you downloaded it, we won't be helping you anymore. Read the rules.

edit: Actually, I'll just go ahead and quote the rule in question:
We Do Not Condone Software Piracy

Asking where to get illegal software or cracks will not be tolerated. Asking for support for the Ultima Edition or any other pirated version of the game will not be tolerated. Any discussion regarding pirated software is an immediate warning.

simas291

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011-05-20 18:03:23 »
whats the big deal even if i do have a downloaded copy.Its not like you guys gonna be punished by anyone for that.And, in my current state, i couldnt buy an original game, no matter how much i try.Even though ill be 18 in only weeks, i wont be able to open a bank account until im 21.Our country is still at crysis(economical that is), so for the time being it is the only way to buy something outside Lithuania.(with an exception of credit cards, which, unfortunately, has the same age limitation)And lets face it, theres at least of 2/5~3/5 of people in whis forum, who use an iligal version, but just aren't dumb enough to expose it to all (as i am, i think a d'oh would really fit here ;D)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011-05-20 18:11:13 »
See I suspected your problems were download pirate related.  The issue is

- You have a pirate copy that probably has numerous issues working with the mods like Aali's driver
- You have a pirate copy and that isn't supported here.

You come here, yet again, ignore all the rules and wonder why your pirate copy isn't working.  There are probably tons of issues with your particular download.  That's why it gets frustrating, because a pirate copy could have issues which are simply not our concern or problem.

You have wasted my time as well.  Something needs to be done to make this completely obvious to you people that pirate copies have problems and that we do not support it.

There is a wealth of knowledge around to correct your problems, but I suggest you start by getting a proper  game.

who use an iligal version, but just aren't dumb enough to expose it to all

If that is true, it would be a result of realising what we were doing, and not coming onto a forum to ask about problems which are probably 100% related to it being a dud copy.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-20 18:15:04 by DLPB »

simas291

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011-05-20 18:23:47 »
See I suspected your problems were download pirate related.  The issue is

- You have a pirate copy that probably has numerous issues working with the mods like Aali's driver
- You have a pirate copy and that isn't supported here.

You come here, yet again, ignore all the rules and wonder why your pirate copy isn't working.  There are probably tons of issues with your particular download.  That's why it gets frustrating, because a pirate copy could have issues which are simply not our concern or problem.

You have wasted my time as well.  Something needs to be done to make this completely obvious to you people that pirate copies have problems and that we do not support it.
Erm, dude, the pirated copy, is nothing more than the SAME game, ripped from original game discs. Its not like its an ultima version, its simply digital version, so basicly, it couldnt have any new issuses which the original game does not have.(Ive downloaded it from a finalfantasy7pc.com, and for some time even thought that it belong to one of you guys, the Qhimm crew - as it had many youtube guides about alli's driver, mods and other stuff).Even tough i understand, that that is a rule(no piracy), but honestly - do you really never download music, movies antivirus softwares or any programs, which originaly werent for free?
Sorry, but i simply doubt it.  ;)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: 2011-05-20 18:28:03 »
It's not a matter of moralizing. It's a matter of us being at legal risk if we support pirates.

This is a reverse-engineering forum. We're in a precarious position as is. We've reverse-engineered several pieces of Squaresoft software and we've publicized a variety of algorithms within them. We don't need the added risk of receiving a C&D for supporting piracy.

As such, I must close this thread.