Author Topic: Problems with LGP Tools and NPC Reconstruction Project  (Read 7378 times)

zenx

As the topic states, I'm having problems with the LGP tools, as I can't seem to be able to make a new char.lgp file, and as I start the game it tells me something like this:

ERROR : Fail to load AVFD.yos

I'm not sure if this is compliant with my other mods. I'm running The SaiNt's High Res patch, the official 1.02 patch and high quality Cloud. The game worked fine without the NPC reconstruction project, but I'd like to get the better models also..

Thanks in advance to everyone!

zenx

Re: Problems with LGP Tools and NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #1 on: 2008-05-22 17:06:25 »
I'd also be really grateful if anyone could post their MODIFIED char.lgp file here..  :|

Sefurosu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-05-22 20:16:10 »
We are not allowed to post modified lgp files or anything else that would infringe square's copyright.

As for the lgp tools problem, try downloading the newest version, as the old one didnt work as good. If a file is missing, use a new lgp file and modify it again. I've never heard of that happening other than the file got removed on accident.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #3 on: 2008-05-22 20:51:08 »
You can try creating the char.lgp with Highwind if you have problems with LGP Tools. ;)

StandardFiend

« Reply #4 on: 2008-05-22 21:28:21 »
I just downloaded Highwind, and I'm about to test it, thanks. As for me, this is what is happening:

I make a "char" folder, open LGP Tools (newest version), open char.lgp, then hit "Extract All" and direct it to the "char" folder. I wait for it to be finished, and then I check the "char" folder and it is still completely empty (the only "char" folder on my computer, let alone in the "field" folder).

So, I move the "char" folder to my desktop and repeat the process. Lo and behold, there are now just about 13,000 files in it, as there should be. Yay, now that worked. So, I move the now-full "char" back into "field", back up my char.lgp (and the other lgps to be modified), then run the NPC RP.exe, and it takes about 5 minutes and goes through all 12,6XX files, and the world_us.lgp and the chocobo.lgp, and it says "Update Complete". I then proceed to delete my char.lgp.

The program encountered no errors. So then I open LGP Tools once more, click "Create", and direct it to my "char" folder, and then call my new lgp file char.lgp. The program runs how it's supposed to, and when it's finished, there's a brand new char.lgp that is of larger file-size than the previous one, so obviously something has changed. So, I run ff7.exe, load up my game, and the models are EXACTLY the same as they used to be. NOTHING has changed.

So, is this similar to what anyone else has experienced? I posted my process so if any of you can see where I messed up, and not the programs, then you can tell me and I can fix them. For now, I'll attempt to use that Highwind thing and see if that works instead.

If anyone here can provide help to me regarding the above, I'd be forever in your debt. Also, and I realize this is off topic (but it will save me another post), if that same person has got FF7Music to work, I'd love help with that as well.

freezingicekirby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-05-23 20:04:21 »
^I had a similar experience, just a bit different.  When I did all of that, in town the characters looked the same (the lego characters)... but on the world map, the lego characters were changed to the good-looking models (not the lego characters). 

I heard re-installing the game would fix this, but I haven't really tried yet (but plan to soon).

Destiny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-05-23 20:39:29 »
You can try creating the char.lgp with Highwind if you have problems with LGP Tools. ;)
This is what i call a true uber spammer XD

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-05-23 21:48:52 »
Does the latest version of LGP tools still have that nice bug where it generates corrupt archives if your locale settings aren't set to United States?

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-08-06 16:02:51 »
Sorry, I figured I would just post here rather than start a new topic....

Where can I find FIDECULA.CLL?

I downloaded LGP Tools, and it says I need this to run.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-08-06 16:14:51 »
From his website. Here.

It's on the left hand panel in the Downloads box.