Author Topic: ff7 android modding?  (Read 21166 times)

Balgias

• View Profile
ff7 android modding?
« on: 2017-10-16 05:26:03 »
Has anyone looked into this? I know saves between ff7 android and steam work, but I can't find any information on this at all.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: ff7 android modding?
« Reply #1 on: 2017-10-16 12:58:27 »
If I'm not mistaken, the Android version is pretty much the PC version wrapped up in an emulator of sorts. Most, if not all, mods should work on it, but actual setup might be tricky.

Balgias

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-10-17 13:13:14 »
From what I can tell its just on big 1.8gig file, and I can't locate my save files anywhere in my phones directories, it might be hiding in the root folders..?

Tetraspore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-04-09 20:46:05 »
I would be interested in this as well. I want to play FFVII HD in a portable setting, but you can't quite do that with a PSP.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #4 on: 2018-04-11 12:32:50 »
If I'm not mistaken, the Android version is pretty much the PC version wrapped up in an emulator of sorts. Most, if not all, mods should work on it, but actual setup might be tricky.
This is also my understanding.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-04-29 07:07:53 »
This is also my understanding.

This is exactly the case, with one caveat.  On every startup, it does an integrity check of the .obb file, which contains all game data, so it will require some editing of the apk to bypass that; which is a bit of a grey area of okayness.

EDIT: iOS is more or less in the same boat, except on jailbroken phones, but in my experience, .exe mods did not work; but it may also still be doing an integrity check, just behind the scenes.

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-05-04 14:48:49 »
Don't know if this is a great thing or bad thing... haha but the fact that square is very lazy with their ports and what not, they never remake or recreate their system.

The IOS and Android ports use the PC version. If you would like to install mods, everything is setup the same way. For IOS you would need to modify the .IPA file via 7zip. To save yourself the trouble from installation errors later on, I'd recommend just opening the .ipa via 7zip and paste/replace the .lgp files. You can change the movies also after re decoding the video file etc to match the original properties otherwise upon boot, the game will load the logo and then crash when the first video is played. The .exe file can be modified via hex editor or applied with the patches, however i haven't tested it in game, but editing doesn't crash at all. If you'd like to see if the modified .exe actually works, the fastest way is to replace the battle characters, ie changing original cloud to hi_res cloud.

The folder structuire to edit these are ff7.ipa>>Payload\FinalFantasy7.app\ff7_1.02 \data\ Also to mention, there is no kernel file so you can't simple drag and replace for the battle names (fire fira etc)

Android:
You'd have to edit the Obb file and to do so is the same steps as opening it up with 7zip.
The file structure is as follows: ff7.obb>>assets\ff7_1.02\data\

For external textures, you'd have to place it inside the lgp for it to work.

Though the only downside to the mods is that it can be very laggy, and heavy on the gpu depending on which device your running it on. Alternatively you can optimise it for mobile os by reducing the poly count of the models etc and lowering the texture resolution.

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2019-03-10 20:43:08 »
So could we use a patcher such as Reunion or the old bootleg mod installer to install mods directly to the data folders and have the work? Would Aalis custom driver work/be required?

Gisshan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2019-03-26 13:34:33 »
I would love some help with this request.  I travel a lot for work and having this with a lot of the improvements made over the years would be great.  I am by no means an expert on this but I've been playing around with the OBB file.  7th Heaven will even link up to it and load all the mods on there but from what I gather there are some changes that happen when you run it through 7th Heaven that would obviously not be available when running it on android.

I haven't ever used any mods with FF7 outside of 7th Heaven but from what I gather it intercepts calls and directs them to alternate files.  In this case I don't think we can do that so we need to replace files directly.  Everything seems to be bundled into IRO files for 7th Heaven and I'm not sure how to break those down properly so I can manually replace the files in the OBB directory.  Once I do that I still feel like there will be errors as I've read a lot of posts regarding file integrity checks that happen when the game runs.  I know 7th Heaven must be fixing this but I have no clue how this would be fixed manually.

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.  For anyone who could help I'd be more than happy to donate $100 towards any projects you may be working on.

The Great Sephiroth

• I have been chosen to be the leader of this Planet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2019-11-12 19:46:01 »
Modding android version is not that hard. I've done it. You just need to know how and do it the right way.

nathandrake32189

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2020-05-08 12:18:45 »
Question:
If it's that easy so where is your research ? have u done it?
Truth:
by the way to every final fantasy 7 graphics mod fan I just want to say you cannot mod ff7 android no matter what you try there is app verification that checks whether the file you're using is not modded.I know it's harsh but it's the truth nobody can mod the android version of ff7 same as the  graphical mod like on the pc....
« Last Edit: 2020-05-08 12:20:29 by nathandrake32189 »