Author Topic: Issues i had and how i got around them. post processing, fail to start etc.  (Read 1405 times)

Kira_Maresh

• View Profile
Firstly, this modification app and all the mods  made for FFVII are absolutely amazing and i cannot thank you guys enough for making this game so much better.

So i had a few issues with making this work how i wanted it to but i finally got there and this is how i did it.

Issue 1: Trying to run the game but getting a constant error message.

How i fixed it: I went to the executable i was using (FF7_bc.exe) right clicked it and went to properties and under the tab for compatability i ticked the box next to "Run at 640 by 480" this then enabled to run the game.

Issue 2: Trying to run the game in fullscreen at 3840 * 2160, could only see a small portion of bottom left corner.

How i fixed it: This turned out to be a scaling issue affected by the 300% dpi setting, to fix it i went in tot he 7th heaven folder and right clicked the 7thHeaven.exe. Under compatibility tab i selected the overide dpi setting and set it to overide application. this enabled me to use 3840 * 2160 without it dissapearing off the screen.

Issue 3: trying to run the game caused a post processing error.

How i got around it: I looked in the shader folder and could not find a nvidia multicomplex shader file so in the Aali Configuration i un-ticked post processing and the game would run happily.
Of course post processing isn't happening anymore so i went in to nvidia control panel and manage 3d settings and added the filtering i wanted. then installed reshade 3 and added the bloom, blur and hdr etc to add some effects i wanted (still fine tuning them).

The game looks absolutely fantastic and thank you to you all for making these tools and mods. I write this just in case it may help other users who may have these issues.

Late Shift

• View Profile
Oh man scaling and post processing had me about to give up thanks.