Author Topic: Advent Children  (Read 6572 times)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Advent Children
« on: 2006-04-26 05:24:26 »
Well, english version is out.  How'd everyone like it?

For me, the english ranged from pretty good (Denzel, Reno, and Vincent) to really odd (Cid, Cait) to gawd awful (Aeris and CLOUD, dammit, the main character, why oh WHY?!).

I kinda like the english script overall better, too; it makes more sense now than some rushed fansub.

ye-roon

• View Profile
Advent Children
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-26 06:10:12 »
rushed fansub? aone's version wasnt rushed :p

i just have to wait till the EU version gets out and get it on dvd :)

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
Advent Children
« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-26 07:04:58 »
That IS the uk version.

At it pwns.

odo324

• View Profile
    • http://www.mindscape.siteburg.com
Advent Children
« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-26 07:09:14 »
Personally, I stayed away from any sub'd version for the simple fact of clarity. So, the eng. version was actually my first viewing.

...and I'm very pleased with the result. I agree there were some odd voices but those actors only had bit-parts. Initially, I found the Reno, Tifa, and Aerith voice actors to be quite exceptional. Both Cloud and Denzel seemed a bit odd/unnatural a couple of times.

Though, they got lazy and left the FF7 Reminiscence piece in Jap. I had to turn on subtitles, and turn them off again for the movie. That was annoying.

Eh :erm:

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
Advent Children
« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-27 00:31:25 »
Quote from: odo324
Personally, I stayed away from any sub'd version for the simple fact of clarity. So, the eng. version was actually my first viewing.

Actually, things that are dubbes by large companies seem to never have the right translation to the original language. Subs stray a bit more than dubs do, in my opinion.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Advent Children
« Reply #5 on: 2006-04-27 10:57:09 »
So the US release just had dubbed in voices?  The lips don't sync?  If that is the case, I'm sorry guys, that's just lame on Square's part.  It's not a big deal on my account, for obvious reasons, but it doesn't seem to stay true to the many english speaking fans of the FFVII franchise.

spyrojyros_tail

Advent Children
« Reply #6 on: 2006-04-27 11:12:47 »
Quote from: odo324

Though, they got lazy and left the FF7 Reminiscence piece in Jap. I had to turn on subtitles, and turn them off again for the movie. That was annoying.

What? really!? That doesnt make any sense, why not dub that part of the movie? I really wanted to watch the movie before they started talking in engilsh, i kinda knew/expected that they wouldnt do a great job on it when they brought it over here, they never do. They know that we will buy it no matter what and they just dont want to put the effort in, shame.  :weep:

EDIT: Does anyone know if advent children will be shown in the cinemas in the uk or ireland?

odo324

• View Profile
    • http://www.mindscape.siteburg.com
Advent Children
« Reply #7 on: 2006-04-27 16:51:20 »
Quote from: spyrojyros_tail
...why not dub that part of the movie?

Well it's all about reviewing the original game. The script is quite sparse at best (guessing 12 sentences total), so I guess they thought not to bother.

What really bothered me was the game-text was also in Jap! I understand that they wouldn’t want to record the entire game all over again but they could have quite easily super-imposed an English variation of the text.

Lenas

• View Profile
Advent Children
« Reply #8 on: 2006-04-27 21:43:36 »
Quote from: spyrojyros_tail

EDIT: Does anyone know if advent children will be shown in the cinemas in the uk or ireland?

It's not going to be shown in a cinema anywhere in the world.  DVD only, except for the few showings in Japan prior to the movie's actual release.