Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1836088 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #2700 on: 2013-10-13 14:52:47 »
I don't know what you mean by L2LB

Level 2 Limit Break

Squall_1904

• "As long as I have my sword..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: 2013-10-13 17:54:03 »
Level 2 Limit Break
Oh thanks lol. :) And yeah I did with Bootleg.

ProtoX

« Reply #2702 on: 2013-10-14 22:15:35 »
pitbrat you forgot Coasta7's Battle Scenes in the big list http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8996.0

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: 2013-10-15 04:08:23 »
ok i had this game running PERFECT for the longest time... but now due to playing other games and other stuff i'm having issues again -_-
this time it's the sound...
i can only get it to come out of the right speaker

yes they're external
yes i tried others and and the same result

and for some reason 5.1 DOES NOT WORK with this game -_- or at least i can't get it too work with my external 5.1 card

idk what i did if anything
also the battle sounds are all wacked out
as in choppy and not sounding right

anyone else have this issue?

thanks

UPDATE:
the damn trainer is what causes the battle sounds to wack out
no idea why
« Last Edit: 2013-10-15 04:13:03 by TheOmegaFactor »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: 2013-10-15 16:03:01 »
5.1 doesn't work because I doubt it was even invented at the time. You will have to use the "speaker fill" option if you want to use 5.1, but there is absolutely no point to doing that.

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: 2013-10-15 17:55:57 »
well yeah i know 5.1 won't work...
i meant my speakers won't work PERIOD when hooked up to the external card D:
and they only HALF work (literally only one speaker has sound when playing)
and the trainer when used screws the sound up to the point of being unplayable

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: 2013-10-15 17:59:24 »
Are you using FF7Music or Anxious Heart?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: 2013-10-15 20:18:44 »
Hi TheOmegaFactor,

Have you already tried my FF7 Music Patch?
It next to another version of the out_wave.dll is also a out_vlsound51.dll containing (5.1 sound), which could be interesting for you.

Please report if this helps you, thanks.

Rhanfahl

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Edit for the FFVII Remix 2.5.1
« Reply #2708 on: 2013-10-16 01:18:10 »
Open your scene.bin with Proud Clod. Then go to File > Create SCENE.BIN and click Yes. If another box pops up, choose yes. If it doesn't, tell us.

Same problem as KenJura on the 2013 Steam version.  At the ShinRa building boss battles are out of order.  Followed the above instructions and the other box clicked up saying the file needed to be corrected.  Proud Clod said the file was fixed but its still scripting wrong battles even though my save was before the problem happened.  Do I have to start over with a new game?
« Last Edit: 2013-10-16 01:20:14 by Rhanfahl »

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: 2013-10-16 03:40:28 »
whelp, i got it to work mostly
the fmv's have some microstuttering, but i don't care about that
and the battles will sometimes cause the screen to flicker till something casts a special move (anything that's not a normal attack)
but the sounds fixed and the effects are as well...
i installed windows 8.1 on a small partition and the game runs well...perhaps too well lol
the swirl effect when you enter a battle is like uber fast and unless it's hardcore mode, the timer is like 1 real life seconds = 2-3 timer seconds but that's fine, well maybe till i get Vincent, but i'm a ways away from him lol
if i run into anything game breaking i'll post it here :D
cheers :D

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2710 on: 2013-10-16 03:58:06 »
Same problem as KenJura on the 2013 Steam version.  At the ShinRa building boss battles are out of order.  Followed the above instructions and the other box clicked up saying the file needed to be corrected.  Proud Clod said the file was fixed but its still scripting wrong battles even though my save was before the problem happened.  Do I have to start over with a new game?

Did you install Mode Switching?

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: 2013-10-16 21:13:46 »
ok i know i said i didn't really care about the flickering and stuff but it's starting to annoy the hell outta me lol
anyone else have issues with flickering screens? in and out of battle T_T
my gpu is nvidia if that makes any difference
and my os is windows 8.1

TheOmegaFactor

• View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: 2013-10-17 03:33:51 »
Great... i think i broke the music in my game -_-
it's no longer there
i was using the remix sound track, but now after installing that FFVII music patch everything went POOF
really don't wanna have to uninstall the entire game, then re-install everything -_-
any help would be appreciated..
cheers

EDIT:
Nvm.. it works now
« Last Edit: 2013-10-17 03:40:47 by TheOmegaFactor »

Rhanfahl

• View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: 2013-10-17 16:54:26 »
Did you install Mode Switching?

Yes I did , but not any of the hardcore stuff.  The game has been running on the "Remastered" mode.

Other things regarding setup and system are as follows

OS-Win 7 64bit
CPU AMD FX 8350 8 core processor 4.01 G
RAM 16.0
GPU AMD Radeon 7990

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

Edit: Changed from "Remastered" to "Normal" and the boss battles are correct now.  However, I seem to have zero sound effects.  Music works fine though.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-17 18:32:49 by Rhanfahl »

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: 2013-10-27 04:53:02 »
Does this look normal to anyone?

Im running in parallels. I already ran bootleg once, the eidos logos was lagging a lot and I got a window before that saying something about open gl detected microsoft graphics card and the game would run very slow.

I don't know what to alter at this stage if anything?

update, heres that window:

Thanks in advance

*edit* been up for hours and fixed the problem myself  8-)
« Last Edit: 2013-10-27 08:50:44 by Lionsmane »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: 2013-10-27 16:39:22 »
Lionsmane, what did you do to solve your issue?

Lionsmane

• View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: 2013-10-27 19:17:04 »

100th post  ;D

Its hard to put my finger on one thing, because I tinkered with multiple.

However,

My copy of win 7 is brand new, so multiple updates were downloaded, which honestly could be responsible for the fix. Because the next install I tried, all of the "fails" were a pass and the nvidia selection was no longer greyed out.

I also forgot to set ff7.exe to run as admin and it was trying to run in win 98 compatibility mode, I switched it to 7.

Hope this helps someone else down the road. Parallels has worked very well and my game only has the slightest lag, enough to where I feel like I could eliminate it.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-27 19:19:49 by Lionsmane »

leadwing85

• View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: 2013-11-08 17:25:48 »
hello, this looks to be an amazing project, I researched it and am ready to give it a go. However I fail upon Step 1 outlined in this tutorial.

I mount install image and install fine, I install old video drivers fine. I test play and everything works fine as in original.

then I download the required  FF7_GameConverter_0.9b.exe as specified in tutorial outline and install in game root directory. here -> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14047.msg196959#msg196959 it states you should run the game once before applying any mods with the bootleg.

I check as admin and proceed to run, BUT I get an error stating there is a error and cant run full screen/ reverting to original resolution. I click ok and then it say that the application has stopped working and it closes the program.

I have tried all number of settings in the ff7 config in attempts to get it working so I can then add the redone character models ect, but im either met with the same failure, or it fails to open anything whatsoever.

any help at all is much appreciated, shoot me a PM, im happy to answer any questions about my process of install ect. thanks

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: 2013-11-08 18:20:58 »
hello, this looks to be an amazing project, I researched it and am ready to give it a go. However I fail upon Step 1 outlined in this tutorial.

I mount install image and install fine, I install old video drivers fine. I test play and everything works fine as in original.

then I download the required  FF7_GameConverter_0.9b.exe as specified in tutorial outline and install in game root directory. here -> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14047.msg196959#msg196959 it states you should run the game once before applying any mods with the bootleg.

I check as admin and proceed to run, BUT I get an error stating there is a error and cant run full screen/ reverting to original resolution. I click ok and then it say that the application has stopped working and it closes the program.

I have tried all number of settings in the ff7 config in attempts to get it working so I can then add the redone character models ect, but im either met with the same failure, or it fails to open anything whatsoever.

any help at all is much appreciated, shoot me a PM, im happy to answer any questions about my process of install ect. thanks

When FF7 says it can not run in full screen I found out that it tends to be that you set the game screen resolution to exceed your monitor resolution so it converts it back to the original resolution.

Now the biggest question here is what version of the game are you using, is it the 1997 version, the re-release from Square Enix or the Steam version, because when you said you mounted the install image fine, and then used game convertor that is when things started to get confusing.

Also it would be best to answer your questions here because if any other person has similar problems they can look it it up here and hopefully find some answers.

leadwing85

• View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: 2013-11-08 18:43:20 »
When FF7 says it can not run in full screen I found out that it tends to be that you set the game screen resolution to exceed your monitor resolution so it converts it back to the original resolution.

Now the biggest question here is what version of the game are you using, is it the 1997 version, the re-release from Square Enix or the Steam version, because when you said you mounted the install image fine, and then used game convertor that is when things started to get confusing.

Also it would be best to answer your questions here because if any other person has similar problems they can look it it up here and hopefully find some answers.
thanks for such a prompt reply! forum is very active I see, it was a good idea to register

I will try some other resolutions by playing with the cfg, but I had set it to my monitors res, 1360 x 768. could this be my fatal mistake? what should it be set to?

my copy is the first Squaresoft release (long live the original Square!)

as to the configurator, I watched the tutorial video and saw the first thing to do after a clean install was to download that configurator and run it, is that old news, should I bypass that and go straight to using the frontend? I am at the moment downloading the mods I have selected with the bootleg config

EDIT: I had to check and make sure I didn't do anything dumb, but yes, on the tutorial page it says "Step 1: Read, download, and run the latest version of FF7 Game Converter." and after I downloaded and ran it is when I started getting problems even opening the game

EDIT:so I tried to change the res in the cnf and the ff7 cfg, I get the same result, just different sizes now. it will flash a black screen (or window) and say it has stopped working and then close.
I suppose ill uninstall again and fresh install again and just skip that step and go from clean install directly to installing mods using the BootLeg Configurator and see it it goes any better
« Last Edit: 2013-11-08 19:06:00 by leadwing85 »

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: 2013-11-10 19:26:04 »
thanks for such a prompt reply! forum is very active I see, it was a good idea to register

I will try some other resolutions by playing with the cfg, but I had set it to my monitors res, 1360 x 768. could this be my fatal mistake? what should it be set to?

my copy is the first Squaresoft release (long live the original Square!)

as to the configurator, I watched the tutorial video and saw the first thing to do after a clean install was to download that configurator and run it, is that old news, should I bypass that and go straight to using the frontend? I am at the moment downloading the mods I have selected with the bootleg config

EDIT: I had to check and make sure I didn't do anything dumb, but yes, on the tutorial page it says "Step 1: Read, download, and run the latest version of FF7 Game Converter." and after I downloaded and ran it is when I started getting problems even opening the game

EDIT:so I tried to change the res in the cnf and the ff7 cfg, I get the same result, just different sizes now. it will flash a black screen (or window) and say it has stopped working and then close.
I suppose ill uninstall again and fresh install again and just skip that step and go from clean install directly to installing mods using the BootLeg Configurator and see it it goes any better

Yeah game convertor is not needed if you got the bootleg frontend because bootleg installs all the nescessary files that game convertor does, and just be sure to install it in a non system folder.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: 2013-11-10 19:47:04 »
Yeah game convertor is not needed if you got the bootleg frontend because bootleg installs all the nescessary files that game convertor does, and just be sure to install it in a non system folder.

Not quite. FF7 Game Converter is newer than Bootleg 040, so obviously it does address things that are needed. Some users experience bugs depending on game version, installation path, and windows version that lead to RegistryKey errors, so rather than address them in repeated posts or an FAQ, STEP 1 is made required to handle it all.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-10 19:53:54 by EQ2Alyza »

« Reply #2722 on: 2013-11-22 07:13:25 »
Will the Bootleg afftect the Steam version of this game without the converter?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: 2013-11-22 16:28:53 »
Yes, there is a built-in converter for Bootleg. The one used in Step 1 is an updated converted, so it's recommended you use it. Without converting the SE Store or Steam versions, many mods will not work.

Tapatos

• Woot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: 2014-01-05 03:43:05 »
so i just updated from 036 to 040. everything is running great but i have noticed one thing on many different cloud battle models. while running from a battle or any movement with his feet i notice his feet either disappera or the bottoms of them are transparent. anyone else have this issue.