Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837089 times)

howlerleech

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8350 on: 2019-08-02 05:49:09 »
Ok, i got gud and i'm still at 1st visit of Nibelheim, but i have to ask... What is up with "lost number"? Not only when he splits up he drains poison, his attacks become much stronger, not to mention the lowering your level every now and then. First part is easy to cheese but i can't figure out the way to beat the second part of the fight. Will try other things later but me dealing 40 while taking 4000 made me think i shouldn't be there yet.

Tbh this mod is reminding me of the Ocarina of Time remaster for Game Cube, it changed item locations and keys and a lot of small things, it's refreshing.

Edit: I think there is something wrong with the exp system. Lvl 30-32 requires a total of 40-50k exp each, lvl 33+ requires less than 10k.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-02 19:48:21 by howlerleech »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: 2019-08-02 08:17:41 »
I want to run the vanilla combat version (using the .exe installer not 7H IRO), every time I enter battle the enemy encounters are wrong. First battle against Shinra soldiers is against three enemies from the train graveyard. I've used the normal NT before with no problems and uninstalled FF7 since to clear any modified files but the encounters are still janky. Any ideas?

There's an .exe installer for the vanilla combat version? I thought it was just the IRO, where did you find that? It'll need to be updated with the same fix the IRO got.

Ok, i got gud and i'm still at 1st visit of Nibelheim, but i have to ask... What is up with "lost number"? Not only when he splits up he drains poison, his attacks become much stronger, not to mention the lowering your level every now and then. First part is easy to cheese but i can't figure out the way to beat the second part of the fight. Will try other things later but me dealing 40 while taking 4000 made me think i shouldn't be there yet.

Tbh this mod is reminding me of the Ocarina of Time remaster for Game Cube, it changed item locations and keys and a lot of small things, it's refreshing.

If it's on arrange mode, then that fight is probably one of the hardest ones. Best thing is to leave it for now.

nyny1010

• View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: 2019-08-02 14:32:57 »
There's an .exe installer for the vanilla combat version? I thought it was just the IRO, where did you find that? It'll need to be updated with the same fix the IRO got.

I found the download here. If you could update the installer I would very much appreciate that. I've never been able to get 7H to work  ???

And this is the Main Installer for a special version of NT that uses vanilla enemies/kernel:
https://mega.nz/#!L8MFESKY!SCNN_r0HC1eEPCnO7tkN07SiJMzGfe5AeZuNgktrMGM

IRO version of it:
https://mega.nz/#!GlVhRIYI!QDvB7Wvs-mtK8kM8WVNhr8Pm40fUsj97QFJiFmY8_AA

razzcox

• View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: 2019-08-03 02:13:39 »
After my annual playthrough of vanilla FF7, I've been playing this as a NewGame+ using Black Chocobo to reset my save to the game start. I'm vastly overlevelled, but I was more curious about the added content than anything else, and it has not disappointed at all.

A couple of things I wanted to highlight;

Spoiler: show
The fight with the dragon in the Temple of the Ancients was wonderful. Seeing its HP, realising how thoroughly outclassed I was even at a second playthrough level, and having the scorpion appear again to back me up was absolutely nuts.

There is some really strange game behaviour during the Junon Raid sequence. PHS is active at the savepoint where you find Yuffie, and I could change out my entire team, including Barret. If I did this before talking to Yuffie, the game hangs when I try to talk to her. If I load a save at this point, Barret will uncontrollably run to the northern edge of that field screen, and won't respond to my inputs at all until he reaches the field limit. Also, maybe one time in every 5, a random encounter on the airport screen will result in the game hanging too. I'm not sure why, but this is the only area in the game where I've had any issues.

I like the little Gamefaqs shoutout if you get the rocket code on the first try, because I absolutely was looking at Gamefaqs when I did it.

All in all, I've had a lot of fun with this so far. Some of the new stuff has made me laugh myself silly. Once I've finished the game I'll be sure to do a proper playthrough from a new save, because even at my second playthrough levels, some bits have been really challenging, and I feel like I've not really been fair to this mod playing it the way I have.

Excellent work!

yutterh

• View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: 2019-08-03 04:09:48 »

Edit: I think there is something wrong with the exp system. Lvl 30-32 requires a total of 40-50k exp each, lvl 33+ requires less than 10k.

I have a similar problem with lost number. Except He heals ridiculously. He started healing himslef for 2,000 before every attack after he transformed. Poison seems to do no damage and I am able to survive fighting him but after a while I jsut can't do enough damage to him because he heals for over 2,000. Also paralysis doesn't seem to work on him either.

howlerleech

• View Profile
« Reply #8355 on: 2019-08-03 10:11:03 »
Ok, now i really need help. How do i beat "Satan Gate"? Cheese denied aside, he starts the fight either with Avalanche, dealing half hp to everyone, or instakilling 2 with basic attacks, about 3.5k per basic and Cloud has 2.5k. I can't change teammates to get Earth back from Yuffie and the only option left is to farm about 15 levels to get enough hp to survive 1 basic attack before i can use barrier.

Can't delete the message so i'll edit. Managed to beat the Gate with EXTREME luck. After hitting slow successfully he used Satan Rush every other turn, giving me enough time to heal/barrier everyone. Vincent's Gigas killed it after Satan rush critted my party killing Aeris and leaving everyone critical. Aaaaaand power outage before i could save and now i have to fight it again. Seriously, why is he critting for 7.5k before even reaching Disc 2?
« Last Edit: 2019-08-03 11:14:56 by howlerleech »

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: 2019-08-03 15:34:12 »
Iirc, you can exchange materia between chars in the materia menu even when they are unavailable through PHS.

I don't know a cheesy way to beat it, i was genuinely surprised myself when my Barret with 4 [Cover]-materias still got hit for +2k per rock.

@yutterh

All of the lost numbers are vulnerable to the stop status. And especially in Arrange, you can steal excellent weapons from them. Don't miss it.
And i am not sure but shouldn't Cloud's Braver help against the high def/MR of them?. In the Ancient Forest there is a crab with both 255 MR and DEF. I did ~ 4 damage per hit until i braver'd it enough for ~600 per hit.

@Sega Chief:

The Junon League enemy Boristh starts the fight with the line "Boris: "I am Borith!"". /Edit: I am stupid. Probably intended.

And in the fight against Gun the camera angle is too low - the fence obstructs ~30% of the left screen.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-03 16:41:55 by Torawakamaru »

howlerleech

• View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: 2019-08-03 18:10:23 »
Iirc, you can exchange materia between chars in the materia menu even when they are unavailable through PHS.

I don't know a cheesy way to beat it, i was genuinely surprised myself when my Barret with 4 [Cover]-materias still got hit for +2k per rock.

@yutterh

All of the lost numbers are vulnerable to the stop status. And especially in Arrange, you can steal excellent weapons from them. Don't miss it.
And i am not sure but shouldn't Cloud's Braver help against the high def/MR of them?. In the Ancient Forest there is a crab with both 255 MR and DEF. I did ~ 4 damage per hit until i braver'd it enough for ~600 per hit.

I tried everything but i can't seem to find this exhange materia through menu, you sure it wasn't because you were in PHS available area?

And I'm aware of the slow/stop, but from what i've seen it's impossible to have stop as spell or 2 added effect for a long time, the fight simply becomes too RNG. And Cloud's Climhazzard(?) reduces enemy armor too. Will have to check lost number again after i'm at least rank 5/8.

Also, i stole Powersoul from Satan Gate, what does that do?
« Last Edit: 2019-08-03 18:12:21 by howlerleech »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: 2019-08-03 18:37:17 »
I found the download here. If you could update the installer I would very much appreciate that. I've never been able to get 7H to work  ???

I'll have that fixed up and posted to the front page of this thread tonight. Sorry for the delay.

After my annual playthrough of vanilla FF7, I've been playing this as a NewGame+ using Black Chocobo to reset my save to the game start. I'm vastly overlevelled, but I was more curious about the added content than anything else, and it has not disappointed at all.

A couple of things I wanted to highlight;

The fight with the dragon in the Temple of the Ancients was wonderful. Seeing its HP, realising how thoroughly outclassed I was even at a second playthrough level, and having the scorpion appear again to back me up was absolutely nuts.

There is some really strange game behaviour during the Junon Raid sequence. PHS is active at the savepoint where you find Yuffie, and I could change out my entire team, including Barret. If I did this before talking to Yuffie, the game hangs when I try to talk to her. If I load a save at this point, Barret will uncontrollably run to the northern edge of that field screen, and won't respond to my inputs at all until he reaches the field limit. Also, maybe one time in every 5, a random encounter on the airport screen will result in the game hanging too. I'm not sure why, but this is the only area in the game where I've had any issues.

I like the little Gamefaqs shoutout if you get the rocket code on the first try, because I absolutely was looking at Gamefaqs when I did it.

All in all, I've had a lot of fun with this so far. Some of the new stuff has made me laugh myself silly. Once I've finished the game I'll be sure to do a proper playthrough from a new save, because even at my second playthrough levels, some bits have been really challenging, and I feel like I've not really been fair to this mod playing it the way I have.

Excellent work!

That Save Point having PHS is really dangerous because the next few scenes rely upon the party being Barret, Cait Sith, and Yuffie. Having an altered party interferes with it and causes it to softlock. The issue will be getting removed in a moderate patch tonight.

Glad you enjoyed the stuff in there, I've got one last major update in the works that'll add a bunch of new stuff.

I have a similar problem with lost number. Except He heals ridiculously. He started healing himslef for 2,000 before every attack after he transformed. Poison seems to do no damage and I am able to survive fighting him but after a while I jsut can't do enough damage to him because he heals for over 2,000. Also paralysis doesn't seem to work on him either.

I'm addressing Lost Number in the patch tonight, the Arrange fight in particular is way overtuned. Some of the changes to him include:
1) Speed decreased on the forms
2) Amount of HP healed with certain abilities altered to 1/32 instead of 4/32 or the time-based formula that the physical form had (a terrible idea in retrospect).

Ok, now i really need help. How do i beat "Satan Gate"? Cheese denied aside, he starts the fight either with Avalanche, dealing half hp to everyone, or instakilling 2 with basic attacks, about 3.5k per basic and Cloud has 2.5k. I can't change teammates to get Earth back from Yuffie and the only option left is to farm about 15 levels to get enough hp to survive 1 basic attack before i can use barrier.

Can't delete the message so i'll edit. Managed to beat the Gate with EXTREME luck. After hitting slow successfully he used Satan Rush every other turn, giving me enough time to heal/barrier everyone. Vincent's Gigas killed it after Satan rush critted my party killing Aeris and leaving everyone critical. Aaaaaand power outage before i could save and now i have to fight it again. Seriously, why is he critting for 7.5k before even reaching Disc 2?

I checked out Satan's Gate, and his physicals are hitting too hard. I'll be toning that one down as well. I'm doing a sweep through enemies and the like to try and quickfix issues as the big update is still a fair bit of time away before it'll be ready.

That really sucks about getting a power outage.

@yutterh

@Sega Chief:

The Junon League enemy Boristh starts the fight with the line "Boris: "I am Borith!"". /Edit: I am stupid. Probably intended.

And in the fight against Gun the camera angle is too low - the fence obstructs ~30% of the left screen.

I'll fix the formation camera angle for Gun.

I tried everything but i can't seem to find this exhange materia through menu, you sure it wasn't because you were in PHS available area?

And I'm aware of the slow/stop, but from what i've seen it's impossible to have stop as spell or 2 added effect for a long time, the fight simply becomes too RNG. And Cloud's Climhazzard(?) reduces enemy armor too. Will have to check lost number again after i'm at least rank 5/8.

Also, i stole Powersoul from Satan Gate, what does that do?

Powersoul is a weapon for Tifa that is potentially one of the strongest weapons if set up properly. The damage it deals is multiplied by x2 if Tifa is in near-death/yellow HP, and by a further x4 if she has the Death Sentence status ailment. What a lot of players will do is either cast Death Sentence on her at the start, or give her a Curse Ring; and due to her innate the death sentence won't KO her when it hits 0 (assuming she wasn't KO'd earlier in the fight).

But yeah, just a quick announcement; there'll be a patch tonight to fix some bosses that are overtuned. Generally it's defences and the like getting toned down, some attack adjustments, a few AI fixes.

Couple extra:
1) Status-defence ignoring attacks are being removed (some may slip the net, but the ones used by Goldberry, Mirage, and some others have had this flag removed).

2) Summons are getting buffed

3) The level-adjustment formula used in AI is getting a heavy adjustment; this'll result in an increase of physical attack damage and, to a lesser extent, magical damage. This might throw the balancing off a bit but it'll help physicals not feel so wimpy without a big set-up behind them.

4) Materia stat bonus/penalty adjustment; people were saying that they were too severe and it was putting them off. I'm also going to swap around some so that if the .EXE changes aren't applied, the effects will match vanilla ones.

5) Couple of flevel fixes; the PHS on that Junon Raid save point for instance.

If there's any issues you've mentioned prior, or want to bring up before this patch goes up, then let me know; I go through older posts and notes to get issues together but may have missed something.

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: 2019-08-03 19:33:39 »
@howlerleech:

I meant this menu option - exchange allows you to even swap whole armor/weapon-setups.

@Quick suggestions for Sega Chief:

1.) More slots for missing score? Hard to balance though - If i give him Osmose (170k AP) + Heal (130k AP) + 2x 100k AP he already does ~4k per shot.

2.) Better rewards for the sidequest-locations (old w-item, old missing score, shinra-hq)

Quick question:

I did the Junon league with Barret - the setup was Drill Arm with ~230 ATK. He did consistently 2k damage, but against some enemies, like 'Cait Sith' or Blackjack, the damage was - consistently - 5,3k. Why is that? I mean, def ignore should mean a fixed amount of damage...?

« Last Edit: 2019-08-03 19:43:42 by Torawakamaru »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: 2019-08-03 19:49:32 »
@howlerleech:

I meant this menu option - exchange allows you to even swap whole armor/weapon-setups.

@Quick suggestions for Sega Chief:

1.) More slots for missing score? Hard to balance though - If i give him Osmose (170k AP) + Heal (130k AP) + 2x 100k AP he already does ~4k per shot.

2.) Better rewards for the sidequest-locations

Quick question:

I did the Junon league with Barret - the setup was Drill Arm with ~230 ATK. He did consistently 2k damage, but against some enemies, like 'Cait Sith' or Blackjack, the damage was - consistently - 5,3k. Why is that? I mean, def ignore should mean a fixed amount of damage...?

There's an AI check for level that enemies perform; this should be in the kernel and done once but due to space constraints I had no choice but to port it onto every enemy which makes it a maintenance nightmare. The enemies for Junon Leagues and Dark Cave don't seem to have it though and I reckon this is because both those were planned to be cut but were kept at last minute.

So that 5.3k vs 2k is a demonstration of how much Level plays an influence in the damage dealt by a character. Unchecked it really ramps up for physicals, though spells get a buff from Level too. I'm actually in the process right now of disabling it however as it's a sloppy fix to the issue (Level is used for steal/morph/accuracy so manually altering it causes issues with those + it makes levels past a certain point quite empty).

It'll be replaced with a better solution in the final update, but for now I'm going to apply this as a quick band-aid fix for balancing and to resolve the other issues it caused.

howlerleech

• View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: 2019-08-03 21:06:25 »

1) Status-defence ignoring attacks are being removed (some may slip the net, but the ones used by Goldberry, Mirage, and some others have had this flag removed).

3) The level-adjustment formula used in AI is getting a heavy adjustment; this'll result in an increase of physical attack damage and, to a lesser extent, magical damage. This might throw the balancing off a bit but it'll help physicals not feel so wimpy without a big set-up behind them.

4) Materia stat bonus/penalty adjustment; people were saying that they were too severe and it was putting them off. I'm also going to swap around some so that if the .EXE changes aren't applied, the effects will match vanilla ones.

5) Couple of level fixes; the PHS on that Junon Raid save point for instance.

If there's any issues you've mentioned prior, or want to bring up before this patch goes up, then let me know; I go through older posts and notes to get issues together but may have missed something.

About 4), i think the only problem is the pay-off from summons, you can only use once and the only one that can clear minions is Titan's petrify. Otherwise yes, the -15 and -10 from blue and pink materia (forgot the name) are kinda heavy but so is their pay-off, they are too good, especially Cloud's drain weapon with counter and/or 4-cut, if i can get my entire team to get drain might as well wall>berserk them. Imo they are fine for what they bring to the table.

Talking about wall though, did Big Wall always have reflect? It's actually the first time i'm using it, i didn't even use barrier on vanilla, but having my counter-magic reflect cure2 to the enemies kinda breaks it.

Oh yeah, btw, is backrow halving basic attack damage even for ranged characters? I feel like it is.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-03 23:42:16 by howlerleech »

yutterh

• View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: 2019-08-03 22:51:02 »
But yeah, just a quick announcement; there'll be a patch tonight to fix some bosses that are overtuned. Generally it's defences and the like getting toned down, some attack adjustments, a few AI fixes.

Couple extra:

5) Couple of flevel fixes; the PHS on that Junon Raid save point for instance.

This is all pretty legit. Didn't realize this was still a updated mod. I just got into FF7 modding thanks to the remake, I figured most mods would be completed or dead by now especially since the game has been out for years, so I am pleasantly surprised. I actually never played FF7 myself, mainly watched friends and family play. So I know the whole story and all the twists and turns, I love all the changes you made. Feels like I am already playing a remake. Thanks for updating and dealing with things like summons and crazy bosses like lost number.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: 2019-08-04 02:09:14 »
I'll need to try and get this done tomorrow, same with fixing the vanilla battles installer.

flacidapplebottoms

• View Profile
« Reply #8364 on: 2019-08-04 05:30:56 »
Is arranged mode beat-able now and as stable as normal mode? I know about a month or two ago it had a bug where some fights couldn't finish or something similar. Finished my normal run and looking forward to arranged.

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: 2019-08-04 18:17:51 »
Arrange mode is beatable, i just finished it.

Some general feedback plus Dark Cave / ending fights:

1.) It would be helpful if Vincent's limit descriptions contain the stat bonuses/decreases.

2.) Some Ultimate Weapons have a special effect (Vincent/Cid) - does that mean that their damage calculation is unchanged?

Thanks!!! for Tifa's Premium Heart calculation change.

3.) Warrior Bangle could need a Buff. I cannot find a reason for wearing it when i could go instead for Dragon Armlets (more stats, better effect). Gigas Armlet looks underwhelming as well (in comparison to Dragon Armlet). Maybe add an interesting status immunity? Or stats; the Aegis Armlet is just as rare but godlike in comparison.

4.) Yuffie with Konformer got confused in a fight but when she attacked the party no damage numbers at all appeared. She was able to hit herself and healed the confusion though. I guess that's because of the damage calculation; it was just irritating.

5.) The 2nd (iirc) screen of Crater - Expanse shows a treasure chest when descending further (where the Dragon Zombies and Pollensaltas can be fought). If i enter the next screen (the one with the ruined bottle-shaped houses) though, it isn't there, there is a save point instead.

Dark Cave:

1.) Using the save point down in the first reactor opened an empty text-window on the upper left. Disappeared when chancing screens.

2.) I already mentioned that glitch - this time i did not use Aeris in the Dark Cave so my party entered Corneo's Villa and saw half of Aeris' body inside his desk but that whole scene almost looked like Don Corneo had Aeris on his lap. Kinda fitting.  :D

3.) In the Don Corneo Villa after the fight with Scotch the camera stays frozen when i get back to the room overview. Re-entering the room fixes this.

4.) I...was irritated by the appearance of the Gunners in the Sewers. That fight felt random. But i don't have a better idea myself.

5.) After fighting Hojo in his elevator-thingy you can see his model again when you leave that specific elevator-section of the screen.

Really liked the quote by Mirage when it dies. I am german but i like that english version way more.

6.) One exit in the Dark Cave is a trap - the upper one brings you to the Ancient Forest location. (probably nothing new, others mentioned this as well)

Ending fights:

1.) I played with Aeris and the last party allowed only 2 members. I guess there is no way to change that..? I found it interesting that the excess character model disappeared after the preparations - when Sephiroth threw everyone around one more time. I did not need to change parties during the Bizarro Sephiroth fight once - was that intended? Guess i brought enough damage - Yuffie is just awesome.

2.) Steamrolled Kefer Sephiroth, did not even see the Super Nova. Used Yuffie + Tifa who both did 4x 9999 damage per round. (Yuffie with 8 x Goddamned Punk and Tifa with 8x Pugilist; both wore Champion Belts and Ult. Weapons)

3.) Sephiroth + Jenova though...Jesus, that was hard. Managed it with Ziedrich+Ribbon, W-Magic, W-Item. Their %-based damage was tricky. Ziedrich basically doubled my health pool against Sephiroth and i used both HP-MP-absorption linked to Planet Materia and Master Magic. Solofights are just bleh in FF7.

4.) I did not use a single source but i used Black Chocobo instead to simulate the rank increases so i didn't actually deserve the majestic, extraordinary and truly magnificent ending scene you created.  :-[

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: 2019-08-04 19:15:16 »
Is arranged mode beat-able now and as stable as normal mode? I know about a month or two ago it had a bug where some fights couldn't finish or something similar. Finished my normal run and looking forward to arranged.

Think Bizarro had an issue but it was resolved as far as I can remember.

Arrange mode is beatable, i just finished it.

Some general feedback plus Dark Cave / ending fights:

1.) It would be helpful if Vincent's limit descriptions contain the stat bonuses/decreases.
A) Can add that, if space allows.

2.) Some Ultimate Weapons have a special effect (Vincent/Cid) - does that mean that their damage calculation is unchanged?
A) I think Death Penalty doesn't have a special modifier but it does ignore defence which can be very potent. Cid's weapon drains damage as HP which, again, while not a special damage formula is a very powerful effect to have 1:1 HP drain.

Thanks!!! for Tifa's Premium Heart calculation change.

3.) Warrior Bangle could need a Buff. I cannot find a reason for wearing it when i could go instead for Dragon Armlets (more stats, better effect). Gigas Armlet looks underwhelming as well (in comparison to Dragon Armlet). Maybe add an interesting status immunity? Or stats; the Aegis Armlet is just as rare but godlike in comparison.
A) Yeah you're right, I didn't notice that had crept in; I'll buff warrior + fourth bracelet a bit.

4.) Yuffie with Konformer got confused in a fight but when she attacked the party no damage numbers at all appeared. She was able to hit herself and healed the confusion though. I guess that's because of the damage calculation; it was just irritating.
A) That's something from original game, the formula checks enemy target level but returns 0 if used on player characters resulting in 1 damage (and no damage number showing).

5.) The 2nd (iirc) screen of Crater - Expanse shows a treasure chest when descending further (where the Dragon Zombies and Pollensaltas can be fought). If i enter the next screen (the one with the ruined bottle-shaped houses) though, it isn't there, there is a save point instead.
A) That was a mistake, I replaced the chest with a save point forgetting that in previous screen the devs tried to have consistency by making the chest visible (though not yet accessible) on that field as well. It can actually be reached by using a bug where you open the menu before crossing the field boundary but as this chest now shares a var trigger with a boss on that route, I don't recommend it as it'll make the boss disappear and render an item for Red XIII's ultimate weapon unobtainable.

Dark Cave:

1.) Using the save point down in the first reactor opened an empty text-window on the upper left. Disappeared when chancing screens.
A) That's due to the countdown window I think.

2.) I already mentioned that glitch - this time i did not use Aeris in the Dark Cave so my party entered Corneo's Villa and saw half of Aeris' body inside his desk but that whole scene almost looked like Don Corneo had Aeris on his lap. Kinda fitting.  :D
A) Yeah there's two models, so the game has logic to display one but not the other; I ran afoul of that so Aeris' model was getting shown even if she isn't there.

3.) In the Don Corneo Villa after the fight with Scotch the camera stays frozen when i get back to the room overview. Re-entering the room fixes this.
A) That'll be to do with the script, will need to add a line to unlock it.

4.) I...was irritated by the appearance of the Gunners in the Sewers. That fight felt random. But i don't have a better idea myself.
A) It used to be Armour Keeper down there from arrange mode, but I swapped it out. I was struggling with scripting dark cave by that point.

5.) After fighting Hojo in his elevator-thingy you can see his model again when you leave that specific elevator-section of the screen.
A) Ah damn, oversight

Really liked the quote by Mirage when it dies. I am german but i like that english version way more.

6.) One exit in the Dark Cave is a trap - the upper one brings you to the Ancient Forest location. (probably nothing new, others mentioned this as well)
A) That's a fairly serious bug; that route is supposed to be inaccessible but for some reason it's usable. I'll be patching that out later tonight or tomorrow, depending on how long these fixes take.

Ending fights:

1.) I played with Aeris and the last party allowed only 2 members. I guess there is no way to change that..? I found it interesting that the excess character model disappeared after the preparations - when Sephiroth threw everyone around one more time. I did not need to change parties during the Bizarro Sephiroth fight once - was that intended? Guess i brought enough damage - Yuffie is just awesome.
A) I tried, but I don't think the game allows for it memory-wise. There might be a way if some work was done, but I'm not actually sure how to go about it. If it's something in the battle AI then can prob do but I reckon it's something in assembly.

2.) Steamrolled Kefer Sephiroth, did not even see the Super Nova. Used Yuffie + Tifa who both did 4x 9999 damage per round. (Yuffie with 8 x Goddamned Punk and Tifa with 8x Pugilist; both wore Champion Belts and Ult. Weapons)
A) Oof; he uses Supernova on the 2nd cast I think? Or it might be HP-based, he swaps in different abilities when Supernova is due based on something or other. Sounds like he got stomped though.

3.) Sephiroth + Jenova though...Jesus, that was hard. Managed it with Ziedrich+Ribbon, W-Magic, W-Item. Their %-based damage was tricky. Ziedrich basically doubled my health pool against Sephiroth and i used both HP-MP-absorption linked to Planet Materia and Master Magic. Solofights are just bleh in FF7.
A) I've redone that fight a bit, it was originally a 2-man fight with Cloud and Tifa which made the confu/berserk more manageable. I've removed a lot of the statuses like that from it and tuned the %s a bit.

4.) I did not use a single source but i used Black Chocobo instead to simulate the rank increases so i didn't actually deserve the majestic, extraordinary and truly magnificent ending scene you created.  :-[
A) That scene was triggering by accident until fairly recently, which is a bit mortifying to think about.

Sounds like everything went well though, on the whole. Thanks for giving me this feedback,

I fixed the vanilla installer for the time-being:
https://mega.nz/#!KxckgKbZ!A-ZHgweCIzuKQQ4bazEpr_4N34fc3esvWbSQ_6ckkUY

howlerleech

• View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: 2019-08-04 21:23:40 »
Ok, just did Pagoda Tower... Were they that easy? I remember being owned by Godo but now the fight only lasted longer because i forgot big wall had a reflect that lasts for 5 minutes and kept healing him. Also... Sorry for being impatient but... Where is Alexander? There was this guy(?) on the cave telling me to leave and i got frustrated when Cloud collapsed/teleported to the cabin.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-05 02:13:54 by howlerleech »

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: 2019-08-05 04:48:40 »
Alexander is in the same location as in FF7 Vanilla.

You have to go to location 11, put your hand in the hot spring and then go to 14 via the great snow field. Be careful, that fight can be hard if you are unprepared.

If you are in location 10 and leave it North-East, you can find the Deathblow Materia.

nyny1010

• View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: 2019-08-05 06:48:40 »
I fixed the vanilla installer for the time-being:
https://mega.nz/#!KxckgKbZ!A-ZHgweCIzuKQQ4bazEpr_4N34fc3esvWbSQ_6ckkUY

You are an amazing human being. I appreciate it!
No problems with the encounters now. It seems like either the character's base stats or weapon stats are still modified, Cloud and Barret's attacks are taking out every enemy in the first reactor with one hit. I'll try using Black Chocobo to change everyone's stats to what they are in vanilla
« Last Edit: 2019-08-05 08:03:36 by nyny1010 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8370 on: 2019-08-05 08:37:11 »
You are an amazing human being. I appreciate it!
No problems with the encounters now. It seems like either the character's base stats or weapon stats are still modified, Cloud and Barret's attacks are taking out every enemy in the first reactor with one hit. I'll try using Black Chocobo to change everyone's stats to what they are in vanilla

Ah damn, so it's a vanilla scene.bin but with a modified kernel? I'll sort that when I get back this evening.

That's both the vanilla IRO and installer patched up with default scene + kernel.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-05 17:55:41 by Sega Chief »

nyny1010

• View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: 2019-08-05 20:34:36 »
Ah damn, so it's a vanilla scene.bin but with a modified kernel? I'll sort that when I get back this evening.

That's both the vanilla IRO and installer patched up with default scene + kernel.

Working perfect now. Thanks Sega

howlerleech

• View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: 2019-08-05 21:53:04 »
Alexander is in the same location as in FF7 Vanilla.

You have to go to location 11, put your hand in the hot spring and then go to 14 via the great snow field. Be careful, that fight can be hard if you are unprepared.

If you are in location 10 and leave it North-East, you can find the Deathblow Materia.

Thanks, i managed to get the deathblow before but not alexander, and i don't know why, but Yuffie never misses a deathblow.

Edit: So.... There is this materia named "Shield"... I didn't use it for a long time because "block elemental damage" didn't seem that good to me... NERF IT. The game which i was having some challenge playing until now became much easier. I don't need barrier or anything else anymore, just each person with shield and Ribbon. On another note, shield is what makes me think arranged is possible to beat.
« Last Edit: 2019-08-06 09:02:43 by howlerleech »

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: 2019-08-06 16:50:35 »
Hmm, i just started FF7 and cast Shield on a normal char, a char with ribbon and a char with Resist. Only the normal char got Shield. I mean - doesn't Shield get balanced by all the other dangerous status effects? If you want to get rid of them permanently (Resist/Ribbon), you also prevent every buff. And restore doesn't work anymore on you. I am not convinced that it should be nerfed.

Although i didn't use it once i my playthrough, apart from Aeris' lvl3 limit sometimes, because i tried to do as much as possible before entering the crater.

howlerleech

• View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: 2019-08-07 00:04:48 »
I'm not saying removed, i'm saying nerfed, like put it to halve instead of nullifying elemental basic attacks and draining elemental magic. Yeah you can't heal with it, but x-potion and elixir exist. To be honest, i think shield can even be removed if bosses aren't allowed to crit anymore.

Also, i'm kind of at a loss of how to proceed with golden tonberries and quadra magic bomb squad. I managed to get the bombs confused with hades and kill each other, but died to boss' perma-paralyze. After that i can't get it to work anymore, and the tonberries just massacre me.