Author Topic: [REL] Vincent Boot Fix  (Read 9071 times)

StickySock

• View Profile
[REL] Vincent Boot Fix
« on: 2011-05-29 02:36:06 »
This is just a mod I made because I've always hated Vincent's winklepicker boots. It replaces Vincent's original boots with black, slightly more normal looking ones. If nothing else they're not as blatantly noticeable. The battle model will switch death sentence model with whichever gun Vincent's magnum is because I thought twirling a rifle also looked dumb. I can easily switch it back if someone actually wants this mod and doesn't like that aspect.

(In game - field)

(Hojo remembering the old boots)

(In game - battle)

Pre-installation:

Make a backup of your battle.lgp and char.lgp.

Installation:

1. Download Aali's lgp and unlgp. There is a tutorial for them but for the lazy use lgp frontend.

2. Create two folders called "char" and "battle".

3. Unlgp your char.lgp and battle.lgp into the respective folders.

4. Place files from "Vincent" folder into "char" folder, and place the files from the three other folder labeled "Vincent - Battle(1, 2, or 3)" into the "battle" folder. When asked to replace files say yes to all.

5. Use lgp on "char" folder and replace "char.lgp" and use lgp on "battle" folder to replace "battle.lgp".

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/?sbhs9to2qvols9d
« Last Edit: 2011-07-16 15:45:11 by StickySock »

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Vincent Boot Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-14 18:17:01 »
Hm... Shoot an old Swede for having been out of the loop for a bit, but... how am I supposed to install this?

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] Vincent Boot Fix
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-16 07:22:48 »
use a program like Highwind to unpack your game's battle.lgp file and char.lgp.
then take the files from this mod and put them into the directories containing the unpacked contents of battle.lgp and char.lgp. 3 of the directories in this mod have files that need to go into battle.lgp and they will rewrite files already within those contents. the "vincent" directory from this mod- those files go to char.lgp. Use the same program to repack the files for char and battle lgps and then replace your new modded battle.lgp back into its proper game directory place and same for char.lgp.

really this type of mod presentation deserves a readme ;p

it works quite well.