Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837438 times)

afant

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8250 on: 2019-07-14 23:56:25 »
Fantastic mod Sega Chief, I found it by watching Caleb Hart's stream of the game. I did find a bug though; the game will lock if you use PHS at the save point in the "Dark Cave" disc 3 quest.

Spoiler: show
Since you cannot make a full party of three, the game will not let you exit the PHS screen.

Another strange thing happened, but I'm not sure if it was a bug and it wasn't game-stopping:
It happened during the Omega Weapon fight. I had the Master Cmd+HP Absorb+Multi-Cut combo on Tifa to get around the "no healing" drawback of the Cursed Ring, but in the middle of the fight it stopped working for some reason (as did Regen on the other characters). Not sure what triggered it, it might have been intended even, but I wanted to mention it as well.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8251 on: 2019-07-15 00:01:45 »
Just finished Disc 1 on the latest build Arrange mode, but there was no option to choose Phoenix Down or not, Cloud just used it automatically. Or was the option when Cloud was swinging his sword before the cutscene? I tried it twice but maybe I did something wrong.

Now I get to see what could have been :)

The option should be during that scene when he raises the sword above his head; a dialogue option should appear there.

After the mimic fight the game softlocks if you leave the altar and enter it again. Cloud jumps onto the platform and is walking eternally towards the stairs (Mario 64 reference?  :-o )

And Barrets ultimate weapon only has 4 slots? Is that because of the AP-scaling?

Best to avoid going back onto the altar after the fight, but I'll fix the script so that stops happening. And yeah, 4 slots due to the scaling. Might expand to 6 as it's a bit limiting.

Fantastic mod Sega Chief, I found it by watching Caleb Hart's stream of the game. I did find a bug though; the game will lock if you use PHS at the save point in the "Dark Cave" disc 3 quest.

Since you cannot make a full party of three, the game will not let you exit the PHS screen.

Another strange thing happened, but I'm not sure if it was a bug and it wasn't game-stopping:
It happened during the Omega Weapon fight. I had the Master Cmd+HP Absorb+Multi-Cut combo on Tifa to get around the "no healing" drawback of the Cursed Ring, but in the middle of the fight it stopped working for some reason (as did Regen on the other characters). Not sure what triggered it, it might have been intended even, but I wanted to mention it as well.

Ah my bad with the PHS, is that in the first area?

Not sure why it would stop working, that boss doesn't have anything that alters elemental resistances as far as I know. Unless it was the one in the KOTR cave, then there might be something going on.

afant

• View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: 2019-07-15 00:18:39 »
Ah my bad with the PHS, is that in the first area?

Yes, the save point in "Reactor No 1".

Not sure why it would stop working, that boss doesn't have anything that alters elemental resistances as far as I know. Unless it was the one in the KOTR cave, then there might be something going on.

It was the Gold Battle in Battle Arena, so not the KOTR cave battle.

Is the HP Absorb trick supposed to work with the Cursed Ring BTW? In conjunction with Tifa's Grit the drawback becomes practically moot.

Batcow

• View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: 2019-07-15 01:35:12 »
Hey Sega Chief, are the L4 limits still locked off until you hit the bottom of the North Crater? And by bottom of the North Crater does that mean
literally right before you fight the final bosses?

If so, is there a save file edit I could make to unlock those quests earlier?

Also, I'm approaching the end of disc 1 and I want to make sure I pick the vanilla option when the choice comes. It's the first choice, the one in red, right?

Thanks for the support as always, Chief :)

Hazelyn

• View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: 2019-07-15 06:55:49 »
Hello, I'd recently started playing with the 1.5 build from May, is it safe to update and continue playing? Are there even many changes in the July Build? I don't see a change list so I'm a little confused. Didn't see if there was an answer to this in the thread already.

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: 2019-07-15 11:35:41 »
With the 1.5 IRO what is the load order? Bottom of load order or mid range like the 7H tutorial says? Only asking because I imported the 1.5 last night, put it right where 1.4 used to be (where 7H says I should) except I'm not seeing any changes. I start a new game and it doesn't prompt me for nirnal or arrsnged (thought maybe it was taken out) then I didn't get any popup for Barretts ability when he joins the party.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: 2019-07-15 11:55:56 »
Yes, the save point in "Reactor No 1".

It was the Gold Battle in Battle Arena, so not the KOTR cave battle.

Is the HP Absorb trick supposed to work with the Cursed Ring BTW? In conjunction with Tifa's Grit the drawback becomes practically moot.

Oversight on my part then, there shouldn't be any PHS flags enabled for that area.

Yeah, it's intended; you can heal damage using elemental attacks as well so long as you absorb them.

Hey Sega Chief, are the L4 limits still locked off until you hit the bottom of the North Crater? And by bottom of the North Crater does that mean
literally right before you fight the final bosses?

If so, is there a save file edit I could make to unlock those quests earlier?

Also, I'm approaching the end of disc 1 and I want to make sure I pick the vanilla option when the choice comes. It's the first choice, the one in red, right?

Thanks for the support as always, Chief :)

They are mostly locked off for bottom of crater then return trip; Vincent was an exception, and there may have been some others that could be accessed earlier. There is no clean save edit that could be made without busting the game though, as it's tied to the game moment variable. If you want to give it a go anyway, set Game Moment (var [2][0]) to 1998.

First choice, yeah.

Hello, I'd recently started playing with the 1.5 build from May, is it safe to update and continue playing? Are there even many changes in the July Build? I don't see a change list so I'm a little confused. Didn't see if there was an answer to this in the thread already.

It's safe to update 1.5 builds to each other, most of the fixes are just for bugs and don't affect the savemap.

With the 1.5 IRO what is the load order? Bottom of load order or mid range like the 7H tutorial says? Only asking because I imported the 1.5 last night, put it right where 1.4 used to be (where 7H says I should) except I'm not seeing any changes. I start a new game and it doesn't prompt me for nirnal or arrsnged (thought maybe it was taken out) then I didn't get any popup for Barretts ability when he joins the party.

It's same as before, gameplay mods go toward the bottom. It sounds though that NT hasn't been installed (new game menu with difficulty setting + build number should appear). Did you activate the IRO in the library tab after importing it?

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: 2019-07-15 12:17:21 »
Yeah I did. Maybe I did the import wrong. It didn't have any sort of art or configuration either so maybe the download went wrong. I will try again and see how it goes. Thanks!

Rhane

• View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: 2019-07-16 00:21:27 »
Hello. First thank you for this mod ^^
Now I have a bug after i went from 1.4 to 1.5, my materia are... Strange. For example, restore have -3 vit and defmag, +3 Max mp. All have -5 Magic and +3% mp. Magic counter has +10 magic and -26 defmag... Is that normal ?
Thank you for your answer

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: 2019-07-16 08:21:21 »
Hello. First thank you for this mod ^^
Now I have a bug after i went from 1.4 to 1.5, my materia are... Strange. For example, restore have -3 vit and defmag, +3 Max mp. All have -5 Magic and +3% mp. Magic counter has +10 magic and -26 defmag... Is that normal ?
Thank you for your answer

That's normal, the new IRO changes the materia stats. There are some other changes as well that will be coming through now:
-) Limit Break adjustments
-) Sense limit boosted to 65,000 instead of 30,000
-) Items restore the same amount of HP in field menus as they do in battle
-) Cure spells now ignore MBarrier
-) Enemies are capable of long range physical attacks (anything projectile based will be long range)
-) Poison elemental damage can be used against enemies immune to the poison status (tends to apply to late-game human bosses)

There might have been some others, but it's mostly just quality of life or minor adjustments.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: 2019-07-16 11:07:12 »
Hi Sega, playing this time the NT I figured that I always play with two types of builds: 1 for bosses, other for mobs, and it is a waste of time change between this two builds, so, Why not introduce a feature where you can save builds and when you select them, they equipped all the items and materias automatically??

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8261 on: 2019-07-16 12:52:41 »
Hi Sega, playing this time the NT I figured that I always play with two types of builds: 1 for bosses, other for mobs, and it is a waste of time change between this two builds, so, Why not introduce a feature where you can save builds and when you select them, they equipped all the items and materias automatically??

It could be done, but the frameworks that would enable it haven't been finished + released yet. Basically what I would need is access to the savemap from the flevel or an external script of some kind. Then could store the current equipment set + materia then store and restore in the same way that the game handles changes to party members. One stumbling block could be changes to inventory from selling (checks that the equipment still exists in inventory would be needed which can be done if a var can be used in the opcode rather than a statically defined ID), or correctly identifying Materia based on AP (think there was an opcode added for that to the prototype reunion framework, would need to check).

Rhane

• View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: 2019-07-16 17:16:49 »
Oh sorry, i didn't read back when you said it... For my defense it was a sleepless night ^^
Thank you for your quick answer and thank you again for the mod ^^

AsSeenOnCops

• View Profile
« Reply #8263 on: 2019-07-17 01:59:54 »
Hello! Finally at the end game here farming for ultimate weapons and noticing I don't have Morph at all. I read through a bunch of pages and it sounds like it was somewhere in the early game. I played on the wrong .exe until about Fort Condor, so that might explain why I missed it. Is there anywhere I can find one at this point in the game?

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8264 on: 2019-07-17 11:53:58 »

Dude, wtf? How many of this trolling shit are around there?

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8265 on: 2019-07-17 13:03:59 »
Hehehe... you think that's bad....

genocidekyuubi

• View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: 2019-07-18 11:03:26 »
Hi Sega Chief,

I extracted your mod with IroNite tool. I noticed there is a folder named "hext" in unpacked folder. What files and values do i need to change, to have materia equip effect that i would like to play. For example, i want materia equip effect like Master Magic gives +70 to all stats (strength, vit, mag, spi, dex, luck) and max hp +10%, max MP +20%. Do i need to change for all 4 txt in hext folder? Or just files that ff7 exe file that i want to play with mod setting in 7H (ff7_bc.exe)?
« Last Edit: 2019-07-18 11:05:09 by genocidekyuubi »

afant

• View Profile
« Reply #8267 on: 2019-07-18 12:29:29 »
Hello! Finally at the end game here farming for ultimate weapons and noticing I don't have Morph at all. I read through a bunch of pages and it sounds like it was somewhere in the early game. I played on the wrong .exe until about Fort Condor, so that might explain why I missed it. Is there anywhere I can find one at this point in the game?

I don't think you NEED Morph to get any ultimate weapon, you can win Outsider in the Junon Leagues and Keelhaul Armor drops God's Hand. AFAIK those are the only two weapons for which you need morph for multiple copies, the others can be stolen/dropped.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: 2019-07-18 14:49:14 »
Hi! Someone knows where are the Sneak Gloves?

Walkingplague

• View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: 2019-07-18 17:35:00 »
I just recently reached the end of the dark cave and when I went out of the cave it put me on the cliff with the ancients forest and now am currently trapped any fix?

Moo_ha

• View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: 2019-07-18 17:55:09 »
Sega chief! i posted on one of your you tube videos about this issue, figure id put it on here and ask again. The sp level up system for me was giving +5 stat boosts per use. Just wondering if this has been fixed at all? anybody else have this issue playing nt mod?

afant

• View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: 2019-07-18 18:43:26 »
Hi! Someone knows where are the Sneak Gloves?

Same as Vanilla; disc 2 (or later) Wall Market weapon shop. The guy who sells you the batteries on disc one sells it for 129 000 gil.

c0vingt0n

• View Profile
« Reply #8272 on: 2019-07-18 20:02:20 »
Hello,

First time poster and I want to say I'm really loving the New Threat mod. The new fights and tweaks to the stats/materia have been great and I love all the little humor added to the game.

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but I just can't seem to get the Chocobuckle Enemy Skill. I've just gotten out of Midgar and am at the Chocobo Farm, but the chocobos don't seem to want to use the move. I feed the chocobo a Gysahl Green then use Quarry Fuse (which I assume replaced L5 suicide) but the chocobo just runs away every time. I've tried other things like using Quarry Fuse without feeding it a green and also waiting until it finished eating the green, but every time the chocobo just runs away.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it not a 100% chance it will use the move?

Thanks in advance for any help.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: 2019-07-18 22:25:51 »
Hello,

First time poster and I want to say I'm really loving the New Threat mod. The new fights and tweaks to the stats/materia have been great and I love all the little humor added to the game.

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but I just can't seem to get the Chocobuckle Enemy Skill. I've just gotten out of Midgar and am at the Chocobo Farm, but the chocobos don't seem to want to use the move. I feed the chocobo a Gysahl Green then use Quarry Fuse (which I assume replaced L5 suicide) but the chocobo just runs away every time. I've tried other things like using Quarry Fuse without feeding it a green and also waiting until it finished eating the green, but every time the chocobo just runs away.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it not a 100% chance it will use the move?

Thanks in advance for any help.
You have to use another Green, Try using the most expensive one that you can buy in the farm and then use Quarry Fuse to the chocobo.

Same as Vanilla; disc 2 (or later) Wall Market weapon shop. The guy who sells you the batteries on disc one sells it for 129 000 gil.
Thanks, I found it. Now I am now in the post game and I am a little lost of what to do and what order use.

Torawakamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8274 on: 2019-07-19 06:04:11 »
@Walkingplague

The tool Black Chocobo can edit your save and your location. If you change it to Bone Village, everything should be fine.

Or you take the lower exit from the dark cave, if you still got a save - it brought me back to the entrance.

@Sega Chief

The Corneo-villa of the dark cave had a graphics bug. I picked Tifa and Aeris and as i entered the room with Corneo's desk, Aeris was inside the desk. Didn't have consequences though - i could proceed normally.

The stat system has a really nasty quirk. A certain boss forced confusion and peerless on Tifa, who protected herself with [added effect] + [mystify]. She was confused the whole fight and nothing could heal that, not even death. Tifa's spinning corpse was...unsettling.
I am really thinking about scrapping status defenses altogether because the really nasty bosses seem to force them anyway and my protections prevent a cure.
Is there a way to change that effect? I mean - i have nothing against protect rings and touph rings for everyone but that seems so counterintuitive, especially since i already get a hefty stat malus for protecting myself through materia.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-19 06:24:29 by Torawakamaru »