Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3026862 times)

White Wind

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R04c)
« Reply #2550 on: 2016-02-03 21:02:02 »
Okay! Yeah I got the white were the unchanged entries, just wasn't aware they were the same thing as the blue ones ^^

Hey Dan, there has been something on my To Post Here list for a good long while now x) and you've just talked about it, so that may be the right time. It's about the game bugs.
Initially I was planning to research a bit everywhere on the web to try to make a *rather* complete list of the bugs that were still not corrected by the people here.. but then, here I realised that a bug can be everything and anything, anywhere and anytime, and even hard to recognize, so "complete" cannot exist, at least for someone like me.

But still.. they are sites out there which already have decent lists, and I mean long.
So my idea was to report them here (without mentioning the bugs I know are already corrected).

So now, for reporting those lists, do I post here? Gonna be big post(s). Or in your other thread about the remaining bugs?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: 2016-02-03 21:06:32 »
I think what we need is a dedicated "bugs remaining" thread.  That lists everything script or otherwise.  Fixed or not.  Maybe a google drive document?  Link me some threads.,

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: 2016-02-03 21:14:54 »
I will initiate one (google doc). There's already your other thread about the remaining bugs (which got around the Double Item bug mainly) so the doc could be linked to from there. But you want to index the fixed bugs too? I was less in a view to document the game than in a view of a What is remained to kill -list.

But anyway, if I did a non-fixed-only list there would still be fixed ones in it, as I'm not aware of every correction.

EDIT: And I'd rather do it for the 98 PC version alone, I don't care much about the psx version personally. And there may be differences with the Steam version as well..
« Last Edit: 2016-02-03 21:20:51 by White Wind »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: 2016-02-03 21:19:34 »
I think we'd need to list the one's fixed and where.  Without a list of what is done, people won't know whether to add it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: 2016-02-03 21:25:00 »
It would be helpful to list whether the bug also existed in PSX, at least.

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: 2016-02-03 21:40:33 »
I think we'd need to list the one's fixed and where.  Without a list of what is done, people won't know whether to add it.

Right

Okay yeah.. Big task x) But no fear!
I can begin the work but won't post anything soon I think.. I say that because I'm in the pre-process of reinstalling my systems, rethinking my PC and then I will be rebuilding it, FF7 PC and psx emulator are not even installed atm, so no testing for now. But I can already search through those lists out there (and Qhimm forums) and index the bugs in a text doc on my PC, for a start. And on Qhimm, I will be able to see which are the ones already taken care of.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: 2016-02-03 21:48:46 »
I think you should open it for editing by people like me , tony, and kaldarasha too.  That way we can help update.  Also add a column "how to fix" and "fixed by".  That way we can note how.  There are a lot of fixes people have made and no one even knows how they were fixed.

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: 2016-02-03 22:20:24 »
Sure will do, and if they (or even more people) are up for it, then the better.

Okay, so we'd need those columns:

- map / game moment
- description
- PSX (yes) (no)
- for green entries / fixed bugs : how to correct
- for green entries / fixed bugs : if corrected, who found the correction

and red entries will be uncorrected bugs.
Sounds good ?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: 2016-02-03 22:26:26 »
yup!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: 2016-02-04 23:38:04 »
I wonder if anyone else spotted this....

When you get into the elevator at Mako Reactor 1, the floor is "5" and the graphic displays the floor correctly.  After that (like when you change floors), it is broken.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: 2016-02-08 02:12:12 »
I'm still trying to fix the above in a respectable fashion.  Also working with Spy_Dragon to fix any other issues.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KBBbeilQTCAJJIOqOoLMnkKb-nEpqEoV5Ih4uW-Yoo8/edit#gid=235822118

Hyperthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: 2016-02-08 14:27:45 »
Is the Hojo animation glitch I reported a few pages back not worth placing on the bug tracker?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: 2016-02-08 17:21:55 »
I found an animation bug with Hojo (may be old, may not be limited to him): in Shinra HQ, Hojo's field model jitters up and down as he moves, almost as if he momentarily levitates. It's most pronounced in the board room when he walks toward the camera, and in the laboratory when he's on the walkway facing the test chamber. Not sure if anything can be done to fix this, but I figured it was worth a mention.

I'll have a look at it.  This would be a strange one.  Does it happen on PSX?  Can you find me a video online (play through with time index) of it?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: 2016-02-08 21:13:55 »
Paulz showed me a nice program for stopping the dll for FF7 Steam from moving about in memory. So now I should be able to tackle the fps of the minigames there.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: 2016-02-09 01:21:16 »
The Steam minigames will now run at correct frame rate.  I made a very sloppy fix to get around their file, but it works :)

Granfalloon

• View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: 2016-02-09 04:12:59 »
Pretty sure DLPB mentioned in this (or another thread) that you can replace the file containing the ps icons with xbox ones but that was up to the user to do so. I intend to do this when I get round to FF7 again so I too would appreciate a few instructions on how to do this :)
That sounds great but unfortunately I've looked around and haven't found a way to do this. I'm not sure where to find the files to replace or how to replace them. I've tried downloading Makou Reactor and editing the flevel.cgp but I don't know what to look for. :(

I've already had a friend who I had recommended to install this translation complain  that while playing "it maps my controller buttons wrong" and they struggled with minigames like the parade cause of this. It'd really be great if we could get the translation available with a configurable control scheme someday.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: 2016-02-09 05:05:31 »
Just found a small American English issue.  During the pre-chocobo race scene with Joe, he says something to the effect of "We're not supposed to enquire about the past here".  In American English, Inquire would be used.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: 2016-02-09 11:40:21 »
Just found a small American English issue.  During the pre-chocobo race scene with Joe, he says something to the effect of "We're not supposed to enquire about the past here".  In American English, Inquire would be used.

It's more that one seems to be heavily preferred in America - but both are still correct.  America seems to use Inquire a lot more, regardless of situation.  Britain uses both, depending on if it is a formal or informal investigation. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/enquire-or-inquire

It isn't that both spellings are unique to each country, like "colour / color".  But it's easy to add enquire to the list of words to change.  I'll see what Covarr says.

@Granfalloon

You can configure it yourself using Makou Reactor.  It should be simple to do a search replace on flevel.  I'm not adding the PC text as it then means having to do more work to keep both neat. The game was designed for a joypad.  Just invest a small amount of time to learn which buttons do what.  It's not a big deal to learn that X = cancel, Triangle = menu, and so on. 

« Last Edit: 2016-02-09 11:50:51 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: 2016-02-09 17:25:03 »
I could always add a silly "pc controls text" option but it would also mean certain text boxes looking very poor, since I would not touch them for that at all.  Then people would just complain that the pc text for controls looks bad.

Yarow12

• I am the Epic awesome; I am the Awesom epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: 2016-02-10 17:13:19 »
I could always add a silly "pc controls text" option but it would also mean certain text boxes looking very poor, since I would not touch them for that at all.  Then people would just complain that the pc text for controls looks bad.

Worst case scenario, you could place a warning about the "poor" quality to minimize people's complaints. Then it'd come down to how visible that warning is to people who want to use the "PC controls text."

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: 2016-02-10 17:52:06 »
nah i've decided against it.  The Reunion is primarily a project for my own tastes.  I mean I will stretch things a little, but not going back to the old way of catering to 100 people.  That's what new Reunion hopes to avoid.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: 2016-02-11 00:00:50 »
@Cupcake, Inquire has been added for American English.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2572 on: 2016-02-11 04:31:42 »
nah i've decided against it.  The Reunion is primarily a project for my own tastes.  I mean I will stretch things a little, but not going back to the old way of catering to 100 people.  That's what new Reunion hopes to avoid.

I can understand this completely. No matter what is created here, there are always others who would like something different. We should all be thankful for everything that's given here at Qhimm.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: 2016-02-12 01:48:45 »
It's like whack a mole at the moment - but I'm getting through things pretty well now - and Spy_Dragon's input - along with everyone here - is ironing out the last details.  Should be ready for R04d soon.

On a bad note.... Merakbah has disappeared.  No trace of him since late December.  No answer to emails, and when he appears logged on to skype, no answer there either.  I doubt he's given up on the project without saying so, because he was very enthusiastic, so it's a mystery.  I also need him back ASAP because I am working my way through and finalizing Beacause very soon.

White Wind

• View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: 2016-02-12 15:22:19 »
Okay a week has passed and I'm still not ready, but seeing how well you're progressing I'm beginning the google doc anyway. I should come up with something tomorrow.
But that means I won't be able to index the maps names as of now (but later I can) nor to test on the PSX / PC versions. So for a start that'll be just a compiling of info I can find out there.

I never thought the graphics in the elevator was supposed to be something.. which makes sense haha. I always saw it as a random flashing thing showing numbers.

Something I'll be adding to the list too is the barking dogs animation and the barking sfx which are not synchronized at all. Not sure if it's on both 97 and 98 versions though.

@EQ2Alyza: Exactly my thought. We should not forget the basics, people create mods to their liking in the first place, and then they can share them or not. And if they do, that's already generous enough.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-12 16:03:24 by White Wind »