Author Topic: [HELP] Menu Overhaul / Beacause - Catalog 3.0 TESTING  (Read 15045 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [HELP] Menu Overhaul / Beacause - Catalog 3.0 TESTING
« Reply #50 on: 2019-07-23 01:40:55 »
Yep, that's fine. You can use anything you'd like.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2019-07-23 09:00:12 »
Ok I am seeing now why support text wasnt implemented in menu overhaul mod.

Right now I have the following scenarios on Enhanced UI bear in mind this uses parts of menu overhaul mod so same issues would be encountered, currently I am forced to choose from 3 lose scenarios, and no win.

This assumes the hext isnt loaded that disables the function.

1 - Use stock 'btl_win_a_l_01' this makes the X symbol appear whilst using modded menus, no crashes or other issues.  But prevents the use of modern icons on enhanced stock and would pretty much break overhaul menu mod.
2 - Use modded 'btl_win_a_l_01' and enable the hext options to use new font in battle UI and menu UI, everything is almost ok but black box replacing X symbol.
3 - Disable one single hext the value '00919DE6 = 6C' seems to not damage any fonts, and everything looks ok with working X symbol, strangely even works if isnt present in 'btl_win_a_l_01', menu UI looks good, no alignment issues including on check menu function which emulates battle menu, however in battle menu when trying to access a spell with support effect, game crashes.

I assume DLPB was fighting these same issues which is why we are where we are. :(

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2019-07-23 11:09:32 »
EQ2Alyza the hext you need is in file '01-Base_4.txt'

Disable or comment out this line

is near the bottom

006DFF51 = 70

Then you see screen like this in battle, see where the arrow is pointing.

So need to move that number then you good, I wouldnt bother with the X after it, thats definitely too much trouble.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2019-07-23 12:59:36 »
I fixed the niggling issues on Enhanced Stock.  As I put in earlier post the divider was easy for HP and MP.

The missing X?

Clue came from enabling aali driver debug option for failure to load missing png's.

Code: [Select]
[00000345] START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
[00000345] INFO: tried to load F:\games\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/textures/menu/btl_win_a_l_00.png, failed
[00000461] INFO: tried to load F:\games\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/textures/menu/btl_win_a_l_07.png, falling back to palette 0
[00000461] INFO: tried to load F:\games\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/textures/menu/btl_win_a_l_00.png, failed
[00000776] INFO: tried to load F:\games\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/textures/menu/btl_win_a_l_00.png, failed
[00000776] END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!

I made copies of the 01 file to 00 and 07 and it shows now fine.  I will make a newer package and hopefully this can go in the new catalog.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2019-07-23 13:56:31 »
EQ2Alyza the hext you need is in file '01-Base_4.txt'

Disable or comment out this line

is near the bottom

006DFF51 = 70

Then you see screen like this in battle, see where the arrow is pointing.

So need to move that number then you good, I wouldnt bother with the X after it, thats definitely too much trouble.

006DFF51 = 36

Setting that value will align the Y-axis position correctly with the All: text, but I can't figure out yet how to change the X-axis position. What's your method for finding how each hext line makes its changes ingame?

I made copies of the 01 file to 00 and 07 and it shows now fine.  I will make a newer package and hopefully this can go in the new catalog.

Yep, it'll go in Catalog 3.0. I'd rather it be a finished product before its released, but it seems like you're on track to do that before I'm finished with 3.0.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-23 14:13:09 by EQ2Alyza »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2019-07-23 14:49:37 »
You be please to know I added No Battle Boxes to enhanced stock :)

I been running around testing different areas and so far so good, but will do a quick run of a new game to see if its ok with clock at start of game and name dialog boxes.

I got no method for finding position using Hext as I said my skills are low, I found that value by guessing which one of the hext values was modifying the default behaviour as by default the value is visible, but it stands to reason that the X Axis position will probably be a neighbouring hex value so I will play some more to see if I can find it.  I didnt know that was the Y Axis, nice find to catch it.  I guess 70 takes it off screen as a means to hide it.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-23 14:52:55 by Chrysalis »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2019-07-23 18:05:51 »
006DFF58 is the Y-Axis for the All: uses number, but setting to 006DFF58 = 00 pushes it the furthest left it can go. Unfortunately, it stops only in the middle of the screen, so I'm stuck at the moment.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2019-07-23 18:43:43 »
I got an idea, let me fire it up with the new values to see the new position.  I will edit my post after.

--

Ok Yeah its still over the names, but there is room above the names.

So I think the solution is put the number above "NAME" text and move All: towards it.  Its not uniform I know, but it better then having a huge gap between All: and the number, and the number been over the names.

Is odd All: can move much further left when by default they close to each other.

--

Ok my second thought process turned out to be true.  These value are limited to a maximum of FF hexadecimal so I figured there is multiple hext's that are added together for a combined value, and so far I have found what looks like two more addresses.

006DFF55 and 006DFF53

006DFF53 I tried on 3 random values and the number was off screen. High and even medium range values crash on this one.
006DFF55 number was off screen on first 2 values, then I tried F0 as others were low, and the 4 is now on the far left.  So it can be moved, I am going to increase the first Y value again to try and get it in the right spot.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-23 19:39:48 by Chrysalis »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2019-07-24 11:37:38 »
I have made new NAME/BARRIER/LIMIT/MP/HP headers for battle screen, also STATUS for status spell selection and Lv and numbers for overlimit selection so its all consistent and sleeker looking on enhanced UI.
A new symbol for the X that matches up with rest of fonts.
Lv realigned so its next to number on the overlimit window.

I added back the borders for barrier in the battle UI but been honest I feel those borders alongside with the limit and ATB borders look off on the new look.  I added it back so it is at least consistent with the fact ATB and limit had it, but if the time is there I am going to make new ones based on the borders of the new UI, but if I am not done when you release catalog v3 then what I have now we can use for it.

Also I have done a lot of play testing, tested battle square, speed square, chocobo racing, start of game with clock in reactor, start of game naming characters, shops, caith siths slots and tifa reels.  all looks good on that side of things, no graphical anomalies or crashes.

If anyone wants to test where I am at now I will package this up.  Otherwise will be later.

« Last Edit: 2019-07-24 11:41:01 by Chrysalis »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2019-07-24 12:13:24 »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1koN4sh1-tz15vR4dXSFXdI1vi64o2_XO

Look at these (M05c install) and see if you can do anything with it for the Limit/ATB/Barrier bars. They certainly look better than the ones you're currently working with.

If we get Enhanced Stock finished, I'll release 3.0 with it and Menu Enhancement (Reunion R05c) and ditch Menu Overhaul until a 3.1 release.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-24 12:15:31 by EQ2Alyza »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2019-07-24 13:00:08 »
Doing my own fonts, making my own borders in gimp, what next :)

what do you think of the bar redesign :)

compare the barrier to the atb limit borders.  Also sorry didnt read your reply until I posted this so havent looked at what you suggested yet.

also after big guard

I think I just need to move right hand side one pixel to the left.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-24 13:06:52 by Chrysalis »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2019-07-24 13:10:06 »
Definitely looks better, but I'd need to see them ingame before I give final thoughts.

Is it possible to align the MP text directly over the start of the MP bar? Same with the BARRIER text, although only slightly left. LIMIT and TIME need new bars first before we can talk realignment.

Symmetry is key to a good looking UI  8-)
« Last Edit: 2019-07-24 13:12:16 by EQ2Alyza »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2019-07-24 13:12:12 »
Barrier can definitely be moved left, I dont know yet about MP, I will look into it (I think MP is already in its left most position and stock also has it out of line, barrier is too far left in stock and I over compensated), I just want to finish the bars first, as moving those is just editing their position in the png files.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2019-07-24 19:28:12 »
Sorry I been out for some hours, I am finishing up now, MP cannot be moved without hexediting which I wont bother with to move that.

There is also a known issue with next level exp bar alignment's, I think there is a fix for it provided by DLPB but it crashes enhanced stock so that is a known issue to be left alone.  Its not as bad on the main menu, its worst on the post battle screen.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m4dGuJMMGeDHTEXVK0DcUUCNHWIrr300/view?usp=sharing

There will be a newer iro also with preview images for each config option.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-24 19:37:33 by Chrysalis »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2019-07-24 23:20:20 »
This will align the exp and limit bars properly for the Main menu.

1-Base_03
{Next Level width main
6CAC39 = 31 C9 8A 8D 88 FB FF FF 66 69 C9 84 00 31 D2 8A 91 AD FD DB 00 66 6B D2 3D C1 EA 05 52

{limit bar color X-axis
6CAC62 = 4B

{limit bar color flash X-axis
6CAD53 = 4B

{limit bar border X-axis
6CAD81 = 47
6CADB0 = 47

I'll try working on their alignment in the Status menu next. Then after that, the After Battle menu.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2019-07-24 23:36:45 »
Thanks, I did just do an update internally so it isnt as bad, but will put this and then redo again to fit the fix.

Also I fixed the one extra pixel on the bottom barrier bar (noticeable if you look hard enough LOL).

I believe this one if for after battle menu but it causes it to crash.

{after battle lvl - probably to fix bar alignment, dont know as it crashes game
{6C8358 = E8 7C B5 24 00 C1 EA 05
« Last Edit: 2019-07-24 23:51:06 by Chrysalis »

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2019-07-25 00:13:25 »
I can tell you the limit bar is good on the status screen after I fixed the bars, I also made the bar more like the battle screen style, it was adjusted before to try and cater for the misalignment.

So its just the exp bar that needs fixing now on status and post battle.  If we cannot fix post battle I suggest we keep the main menu aligned, as that one is seen the most by the player, also the status screen isnt as bad as the post battle screen.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-25 00:27:30 by Chrysalis »