Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 501739 times)

chocomog

• View Profile
Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #50 on: 2005-07-08 14:54:28 »
sure...open'ed hiam, reposition/rotate/resize something, try to save

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005-07-08 19:40:30 »
Now I see why there is a type mismatch error. Well, actually it's a problem with the error handling routine (stupid visual basic...). Anyway, I've been playing arount a bit with the hiam file and it worked right when I saved it. However, I've been changing the code recently and maybe that solved the problem. Well, anyway, expect a new release soon.

chocomog

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005-07-09 02:13:22 »
cool. glad its not a huge problem or anything.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005-07-15 12:57:05 »
Version 0.5 it's out.
Now you can insert polygons (specially useful for closing objects after removing polys).

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005-07-15 17:05:43 »
That cool how many polygons insert

chocomog

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005-07-22 20:06:36 »
still gettin the type 13 mismatch error

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005-07-28 21:27:06 »
You are right chocomog. I thought I had fixed it, but I didin't. Oh well, I'll do it for the next release.
There are also 2 more bugs that I must solve:
 -Adding polygons on a multi-group p-file (any textured file) will cause the file corruption. I've solved this problem already so the new version will be fine.
 -The vertices order on poligons is wrong sometimes. That's a bad thing because the game thinks that they are facing inside the screen (and thus, won't draw them). I don't really understand how must the vertices be sorted, but I think I can solve it easily.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I'm "bussy" testing my ViperGC :-P.

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #57 on: 2005-07-28 22:09:59 »
FF7 uses back face culling, which is pretty much the simplest way to optimise polygon drawing. Basically, you look at the polygon, and see whether (from your current viewpoint) the vertices are in a clockwise or anticlockwise order. Then you know whether it's facing you or not, and you don't bother drawing polygons facing the other way.

Google for it if you need any of the maths to help work out which order you need to create your vertices in...

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005-08-28 17:18:28 »
Thanks for your advice Fice. Yeah, I've read the way that algorithm works, but I didn't undesrtood it very well. Now I think I know where my code was wrong.
There you have a new release. Simply a bug-fix release, sorry. No new features added. I'll try to do something interesting next week.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005-08-28 21:20:25 »
ok i will test when i got home

off topic where have you been

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005-08-29 09:54:43 »
Well, actuallly... I've been at home :-P. I've been playing Resident Evil 4 and testing emulators on the GC and... well, I basically took a break.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005-09-23 23:24:43 »
Here you have a new release. This one solves many problems that have plagued my program from the very begining. I must admit that some of them where caused by my lazyness. I knew about the groups but was too lazy to program my code so that it could handel them correctly. Recently, this has come to be extremly anoying while redoing models. Thus, I decided to solve those acursed bugs.
So here you have. Have fun.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005-09-23 23:49:59 »
thxz buddy i can start messing about abit more now

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005-12-17 21:50:46 »
i tried it but i have a error message  (Class Not Registered , you need the following file to be install on your computer)   and the problem is i already have the file

Help Me someone

The Great Sphiroth

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005-12-17 22:09:31 »
Did you even read the rules when joining?

Dont ressurect damn topics.

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005-12-17 23:35:45 »
what do you mean resurect topics iv already search and the file whos is written not installed is msstdfmt.dll   ants i already have it in my windows/system and its the same error message even if i have it install what should i do

if there is another topic like tike mine tell me where is it because i search and didnt find it DAMN

The Great Sephiroth

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #66 on: 2005-12-18 07:23:38 »
Quote from: Great Sephiroth
if there is another topic like tike mine tell me where is it because i search and didnt find it DAMN
Tell you, so you can ressurect another one? Board's rules say, that you shouldn't revive topics, Especially, if you have nothing to add. If you have a problem, make a new topic and post your problem there.

Of course you didn't read the rules and will laugh at James Pond and me for pointing it out ("why the hell would I care? DAMN") but remember, that mods here have a great "power of suggestion". They can convince you to read it...

dziugo

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005-12-18 08:39:40 »
Out of interest, why the bold letters on my name?

Sad Jari

« Reply #68 on: 2005-12-18 08:47:03 »
He marks all names with bold.  :)

Usually, at least.

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005-12-18 08:57:58 »
Ahh righty :)

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005-12-18 09:44:13 »
Well, I supose It's right if I answer here.
Great Sephirot, If you are using win2k or XP remember you should put that file in "system32" instead of "system". If it doesn't work, try puting it in the same directory as Kimera. If it doesn't work either... well, sorry, I don't know how could be solved.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005-12-18 12:18:48 »
Ok i had the same prob here what you do

1. Put the dll file in c:\windows\system32  

2. Goto start

3. Then run

4. put in regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\filename.dll

EDIT this for Windows XP HE

Great Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005-12-18 19:52:08 »
Thanks ice_cold513

What you told me resolve my problem ..... Finally its great now i can experiments things With kimera

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

but now there is one thing i want to know in the kimera, i see when you go to load.p you have a choice between ff7 field parts or ff7 battle model parts but if i try to load it i have a try to load a battle model (i have already extrack battle.lgp) it say "this file doesnt seem to be a valid .p files".......... ok if someone knows how to extract .p files from battle models tell me how to do or if there is another forum (talking about battle models .p extractor or somthing like that) or fi i resurect a topic sent me the link  to the real topic i was searchig for because i have search and i did not fint it

Thank you again

The Great Sephiroth

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005-12-19 09:29:24 »
Well, there is a little problem here: files inside battle.lgp have no extension. That's why when selecting a battle model you can select any file. The problem is that battle.lgp contains P models, TEX files and animation files and you can't tell which type are they by their name. You can use Biturn to know easyly what kind of data contains every file.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006-02-04 00:50:23 »
Finally a REALLY new version!!! Jejeje!
Sorry it took so long. I've been way too busy in the last months.
Now the program uses OpenGL, suports Lighting and is less glitchy. Hope someone actually gets to use it (apart from me and ice_cold513).
Well, I supose it's time to write that damn faq that I promised. Well, expect it for the next week.
See ya.