Author Topic: [PC] 0 AP Mod  (Read 6329 times)

I have no name

• View Profile
[PC] 0 AP Mod
« on: 2017-04-11 11:27:11 »
Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B81zwwkxiUtHSGxsNWJhbmtha0E/view
(Steam version, contains Hades' Workshop fille in addition to the output Steam mod)

I had the thought that most of what makes FF9 easy to abuse is the ready availability of damage multipliers and elemental absorptions- through abilities and equipment, respectively. Difficulty and rebalance mods exist, but they aren't the simple solution. removing AP so that the only abilities available are those on the current set of equipment, though? That's a simple change that should make the game a little more challenging, and a lot more strategic with what equipment to use at various points.

Full list of changes:
  • All sources of AP removed.
  • Friendly Enemies have been changed to give large amounts of gil instead of AP, to allow buying more equips without grinding.
  • Excalibur II can be synthesized at Hades for 60,000 gil, from Save the Queen and Excalibur.
(I'm pretty sure the 12 hour cutoff is still reachable, but most people won't want to and this feels like a good recipe. This replaces the Pumice Piece synth.)
Possible future updates:
  • Changing what abilities are learned from each equipment- likely bringing weaker equips up to 3 abilities and giving stronger equips less.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested this yet, but as there aren't any big changes to the game everything should still work as intended.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-24 19:06:17 by Covarr »

iamthehorker

• View Profile
Re: [FF9] 0 AP Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2017-04-12 01:46:54 »
Very interesting idea. Sounds like hell for spell casters :o

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2017-04-12 18:48:17 »
Sounds like a pain blast to play. All equipment would need to be rebalanced to be workable at all points in the game.

Vir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-05-03 04:14:20 »
Thirded: good concept.