Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 329994 times)

Tuxedo

• View Profile
Reading over my post, I sounded like a total ****. I'm sorry if I came across as harsh. Anyways, aside from one's subjective view on the quality of your ideas, it'd be might be difficult to add in all that, you might be asking too much of Ultima.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
Reading over my post, I sounded like a total ****. I'm sorry if I came across as harsh.

At least you're upfront and honest ;)

Anyway, I do not vote for releasing different versions.  What's the point?  People can edit dialogue individually if they don't like what happens.

If it were up to me, I would have it so that the power of Holy temporarily revives Aerith after her death by Sephiroth.  She then lives on as a sort of "living dead" existence until the execution of the Holy spell is complete.  She therefore dies/fades immediately after defeating Safer Sephiroth and unblocking Holy.  (Does that also sound like a bad fanfic?)

Otherwise, just have her disappear without explanation following the Safer Sephiroth battle.  I think that's easiest.

ClanD

• View Profile
Well I guess I may be taking this a lil too deep to heart, it's just that Aerith was my favorite character of the game, (& one of my favorites from the saga, among with Rydia from FF4 & Rikku from FF10) and I was never content whit her death being "permanent" I know it sounds silly, but to the last second of the game I was hoping for she to be revived (by the power of Holy unleashed or something like that).
So when I find this patch, I got all exited about her resurrecting and many memories from the game came to my mind all at once and I start making up stuff, but you are right guys, it's just a patch for fun and it's not intented to change the cannon, or match my personal preference, (if that were the case I will stick with the "Happy Ending" they escape the crater together later on Cloud married Aerith in a beatufully detailed video in the old churn of the slums & Advent Children never happened :P).

I just hope that Square-Enix decided to make a official sequel someday and that they allow the player to bring her back to life as part of the quest.

Again that is just my wish, I'm not intenting to start an argue about  it will be Square's best option or not.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
??? You seem to be a little over-involved in the game.

No need to apologize for your post - there was nothing wrong with it.  I'd like to say, however, that as a fictional character, it doesn't matter whether Aerith has a happy or a sad ending, or whether she is dead or alive.

(Or does it?  Am I under-involved in the game? :P)

ultima espio

• View Profile
LOL
Just say NO. I really like the fading out idea, everyone else's suggestions sound like something out of a bad fanfic.

Ok. NO :P

At the end of the day, it's all down to what I decide. That may sound harsh, but that's how it is :/

That said, I won't release multiple versions. This isn't Pokemon :P

Now then, what do I use to edit Weapon and Item data?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
Now then, what do I use to edit Weapon and Item data?

You mean you want to edit the kernel.bin?  Everyone should know what's needed to do that.

See this thread.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Thought you'd say that. I can't use it, because I can't install the power packs :S

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
Oh.  Well that's different :|

Some of the older versions of Wall Market don't require the power packs and are probably still suitable for whatever you want to do.  You can download any version of Wall Market in human history from the links in that post I linked you to.

A few of those links may be broken.  If you can't download a version of Wall Market that doesn't require the power packs, pester NFITC1 ;)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
you could also just ASK someone to do the editing for you
make a list of changes, you give me your kernel.bin, I apply the changes for you. ( iirc, you can create .wm patch files )
if that works for you, i'll be happy to help

ultima espio

• View Profile
Thanks, but I've tried it on my other computer, and it worked :)

Thanks for asking anyway ;D

I think from now, I'm going to be keeping more things secret.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
I think from now, I'm going to be keeping more things secret.

Probably a good idea.  Then run and hide when you release your mod, in case the storyline Nazis don't like it :P

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
There is always SOMEONE or some group that doesnt like something

Good that you can do it yourself ( thats always easier than going over a proxy worker )
I dont think im gonna run in danger of reaching the end of disk 1 before you release this. I am still at the point of when they drop sector 7.

ultima espio

• View Profile
May be a while, I'm on the search for jobs :P

...I'm also getting bombarded with PM's...

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
May be a while, I'm on the search for jobs :P

...I'm also getting bombarded with PM's...

If they're PM's with suggestions on text or story changes, just ignore them. If you read them all, the project will never be finished because its impossible to satisfy everyone.
Job search is a bitch. thank god I am independent

ultima espio

• View Profile
Mostly yeah, and model requests.

*sigh*

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
model requests? don't we have like, a lot of people working on models, namely TA?
I say, ignore them ( temporarily at least ) and finish with your project before you do something else.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Yeah, like "can i has models from [insert game name here] pls?"

It gets annoying after a while...

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Do it like me, be a very spiteful person and just ignore people that ask for something without giving something first.

ultima espio

• View Profile
I just ignore them, or send a witty/harsh reply. I won't be giving any out :P

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
lets get back on topic then.
Have you made any progress since the last update? last we heard, you needed to do a new animation for her 'falling' or something at sephiroths final fight. And some text.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Yeah, I edited that post. I just did a little trick with her HRC file, so she can use Tifa's animation without having to recreate it for Aeris. That's the only place I'll use it though, it's not a very good/reliable way of doing it. The animation wasn't meant for Aeris' hair, so her ponytail floats about a bit. Not much, but its only one little part.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Its the very end of the game anyway, and you arent viewing it particularly long or often, so I say its quite far down on the "whats important" scale.

Can you tell me what files this patch will change / overwrite? Because I fear it'll conflict with at least one other patch ( namely, the retranslation )

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Flevel.lgp
Kernel
--------

What does it alter in these 2 exactly?

ultima espio

• View Profile
Well, here's a list of the level files in flevel.lgp that I've edited. They are in order that I did them, rather than game order:

Code: [Select]
Itown1a
Nivgate
nivl_b12
nivl_b22
trnad_51
trnad_52
fship_12
fship_42
fship_3
fship_1
lastmap
mtcrl_2
zcoal_1
zcoal_3
fship_23
Itown12
Ithos
Fship_24
md8_5
md8_6
md8brdg2
las4_0
las4_2
las4_4
las4_42
fr_e
holu_1
holu_2
gaiafoot
gaiin_6
Crater_1
crater_2
trnad_1
canon_2
itown2
ithill
trnad4
tunnel_6
woa_1
woa_2
woa_3
rcktin5
rcktin6
rcktin7
nivl_b1
fship_2
las0_8
las2_1
semkin_4
semkin_5
subin_1a
subin_1b
subin_3
fship_25
ujunon5
rktmin2

I'm keeping the Kernel.bin one a secret, but it's only a little bit. That part can be easily edited into any Kernel. But the flevel ones will not be compatible with any other patch that edits the level files.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I am going to have to modify my installer I think to take into account all this :)