Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 328553 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Ultima Espio Final Fantasy VII Aeris patch
« Reply #325 on: 2010-10-10 18:01:43 »
I doubt I will, it doesn't work very well...I may take another crack at it, but its on a bigger scale than the Aeris Patch, and that took me 5 months to do...

No, this isn't the final version, there's bound to be some bugs somewhere. But consider this the final version until someone points something out.

elliotcroft

« Reply #326 on: 2010-10-10 18:08:17 »
What was the problem with the final fantasy 8 style patch? Can't you just program them to get away if you talk to them?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2010-10-10 18:11:26 »
FF7 doesn't have a "Copy me" code. You have to tell them what to do at every point. To get them to follow Cloud, you have to have a code on that tells them to move to him, and that script does not end until they reach him, which makes going up ladders strange.

During cutscenes, they still head for him. I might be able to fix it but...

elliotcroft

« Reply #328 on: 2010-10-10 18:13:14 »
Could you program them to react with the ladder in some way?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2010-10-10 18:15:33 »

elliotcroft

« Reply #330 on: 2010-10-10 18:17:05 »
Could you also make a trigger to stop party members from following you in cutscenes?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2010-10-10 18:17:49 »
Maybe.

Anyway, this is off topic now.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #332 on: 2010-10-10 22:04:41 »
Yes, it is.

Has anyone tested the patch out?

Einlanzer

« Reply #333 on: 2010-10-10 22:06:06 »
Thanks, Ultima!  I've been waiting for this, I'm downloading the patch now and will be playing it over the next couple of weeks.  I'll be sure to report how everything goes.

Tuxedo

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2010-10-11 02:54:20 »
Thanks for this, Ultima!

It renders a lot of the patches that I've applied useless though (Hand Patch, Reasonable Difficulty, some translations  etc.).

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #335 on: 2010-10-11 03:08:52 »
Now to figure out how to use this patch without completely screwinh up my flevel.lgp ( I guess I could use lgp tools and replace the smaller files inside )

edit1:
From what I see, I can just skip the kernel.bin. the only mod you did in there is the princess guard and thats easily done manually myself, if I want to.
edit 2:
For the char.lgp it changes nothin'
edit 3:
basically, if you know what you're doing, it's actually pretty easy to include this into a new install. instead of copy / pasting the flevel.lgp, I disassembled it and replaced the smaller parts in my lgp.
so far, no errors.

edit 4:
here a suggestion
give the part files of the flevel.lgp the same way you do with the char.lgp. It's... tbh, annoying to replace the entire flevel. I have to look up which flevel files you changed and manually replace them to avoid screwing over my other mods.

This list is complete I assume? I extracted those files, replaced them in my hardcore/everything-else-modded-to-hell version and nothing stopped working. I succesfully combined your aeris patch with other lgp mods.

Itown1a
Nivgate
nivl_b12
nivl_b22
trnad_51
trnad_52
fship_12
fship_42
fship_3
fship_1
lastmap
mtcrl_2
zcoal_1
zcoal_3
fship_23
Itown12
Ithos
Fship_24
md8_5
md8_6
md8brdg2
las4_0
las4_2
las4_4
las4_42
fr_e
holu_1
holu_2
gaiafoot
gaiin_6
Crater_1
crater_2
trnad_1
canon_2
itown2
ithill
trnad4
tunnel_6
woa_1
woa_2
woa_3
rcktin5
rcktin6
rcktin7
nivl_b1
fship_2
las0_8
las2_1
semkin_4
semkin_5
subin_1a
subin_1b
subin_3
fship_25
ujunon5
rktmin2
« Last Edit: 2010-10-11 03:59:35 by KuugenTheFox »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2010-10-11 11:08:23 »
That list is incomplete. I've edited nuch more than that, uploading the original files would be pointless. There are a few important changes that I didn't mention, which is why I said that it wouldn't work with other mods. By doing what you just did, you wont be able to get her in your team again, and other things....

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #337 on: 2010-10-11 18:27:33 »
well, I guess I have to skip the mod then
Unless you give a full list of the changed areas ( in which case I can STILL make the necessary edits for the hardcore mod ) this screws over a lot of other mods.
A pity, really.
Is there no way to apply this as a patch instead of hard replacement?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2010-10-19 12:20:14 »
*scrapes dust off topic*

Well, I've noticed that I have missed a few places out, so I'm making an update for that. It's just Cosmo Canyon on disc 2, like when everyone gathers in the observatory and when Bugen dies. Also fixing that Vincent glitch where he uses Cloud's animations.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-19 12:31:53 by ultima espio »

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2010-10-23 02:53:22 »
well, i keep crashing after the cut scene where she dies, before the Jenova life battle, given i haven't played up to that point yet, i cheated and used Black Chocobo to see things, but i figured i should say something here. when i play up to the point normally i'll edit post. only mod used is PRP and this patch Ultima.

Note, that i only edited the char.lgp with the PRP patch. (took the files out of their custom .lgp to make it compatible with this patch and left the flevel alone haha.) so technically their shouldn't be compatibility issues? x.x

Edit: Well'p, now it crashes during the night at the forgotten city when im trying to enter the area with the little pond where she's buried. so i do a complete reinstallation, and only install this mod. i then use a save from http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8880.0 <- here. and i still crash at the pond area. im thinking since its a fresh install maybe it's just that area, and i remember the altar glitch with Jenova life. i used Black Chocobo and ported myself there, and it crashes still after the cut scene. i haven't had any problems before so maybe you missed something? x.x

note that so far this is the -ONLY- issue i've had with this mod so far.

Edit 2: i've skipped ahead past that by using black chocobo and did the whirlwind maze. Jenova death fight went smoothe, but when entering the little scene, the illusion of Nibelhiem, my game eventually hangs after Aerith and Tifa move to stand away from Sephiroth and he laughs.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-23 07:00:23 by Aeris »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2010-10-23 12:10:37 »
I've tested the Nibelheim scene like hundreds of times :P So I have no idea why that happens.

But going by the sound of it, its just your game. Do you have:

1.02 Patch

Custom Graphics Driver

Make sure you use the LATEST version of the CGD, because there was an older version that didn't like field effects. I couldnt get past Diamond Weapon because of the wind effect in the level after it. Once I upgraded the driver, it worked again.

So try that first, then we'll see. Nobody else has reported any errors at all, so it makes me wonder if there are any errors, or if nobody is using it...

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2010-10-23 13:16:18 »
Looks as if I already did, and just forgot:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10450.msg146750#msg146750

This is somewhat off topic but I didn't wantmto necro.

Couldn't you just copy ff8's "follow-me" code and include it in ff7.exe and have it work with minimal changes or is that the most horrible suggestion ever ?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2010-10-23 13:17:46 »
No, the codes were completely re written, so ff8 code wouldn't work with ff7.

Would looking at the script for this in FF8 help at all, or am I just being an idiot?

The fieldscript module was completely rewritten in FF8 and uses none of the opcodes from FF7. Not only that. The follow-me code is automatic in FF8, and hard-coded into the field system.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-23 15:21:20 by ultima espio »

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2010-10-23 16:18:56 »
i haven't been using the CGD. lol. i didn't think it was necessary to use :P. and i only tried the nibelhiem scene once soo... yeah lol. but what about the forgotten capital? when i switch to my regular flevel.lgp, the scene turns night like it's supposed to and i can change into the areas and proceed to watch her death normally kill jenova life, etc. and i do have the 1.02 patch lol.
« Last Edit: 2010-10-23 16:20:45 by Aeris »

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2010-10-23 16:21:25 »
I got some crashes too when I was using the regular driver, but the custom one fixed it :S

So, give it a try with the CGD and see what happens. It shouldn't crash at all there, I've tested that scene a lot of times.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #345 on: 2010-10-23 18:31:44 »
i haven't been using the CGD. lol. i didn't think it was necessary to use :P. and i only tried the nibelhiem scene once soo... yeah lol. but what about the forgotten capital? when i switch to my regular flevel.lgp, the scene turns night like it's supposed to and i can change into the areas and proceed to watch her death normally kill jenova life, etc. and i do have the 1.02 patch lol.
CGD is a MUST-have no matter what. :D

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #346 on: 2010-10-23 19:22:43 »
well, i keep crashing after the cut scene where she dies, before the Jenova life battle, given i haven't played up to that point yet, i cheated and used Black Chocobo to see things, but i figured i should say something here. when i play up to the point normally i'll edit post. only mod used is PRP and this patch Ultima.

Note, that i only edited the char.lgp with the PRP patch. (took the files out of their custom .lgp to make it compatible with this patch and left the flevel alone haha.) so technically their shouldn't be compatibility issues? x.x

Edit: Well'p, now it crashes during the night at the forgotten city when im trying to enter the area with the little pond where she's buried. so i do a complete reinstallation, and only install this mod. i then use a save from http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8880.0 <- here. and i still crash at the pond area. im thinking since its a fresh install maybe it's just that area, and i remember the altar glitch with Jenova life. i used Black Chocobo and ported myself there, and it crashes still after the cut scene. i haven't had any problems before so maybe you missed something? x.x

Edit 2: i've skipped ahead past that by using black chocobo and did the whirlwind maze. Jenova death fight went smoothe, but when entering the little scene, the illusion of Nibelhiem, my game eventually hangs after Aerith and Tifa move to stand away from Sephiroth and he laughs.

were you using any flevel modifiying mods? if so, how did you merge them? ( the lgp included in the patch is a full lgp, so how do you know which files in the lgp were necessary to be replaced and which not )

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2010-10-23 20:48:09 »

were you using any flevel modifiying mods? if so, how did you merge them? ( the lgp included in the patch is a full lgp, so how do you know which files in the lgp were necessary to be replaced and which not )

i installed the prp patch, found the 00 and 01.lgp's, and looked at their size. the char.lgp files would have to be 100,000 or more, so i extracted it and put all the files into the char.lgp files including the custom ones, then uninstalled the prp patch as im not worried about the battle models, so i could use the Aerith patch after merging Ultimas files in with them, then used the lgp tool (Aali's LGP and UNLGP tools.) and made it into a char.lgp. everything's working fine so far, i fixed the nibelhiem incident, that was my fault. and as for the forgotten capital, Ultima knows about it. we've chatted in pm's about it :P. the only flevel modifying i've done is using Ultima's included flevel.lgp.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2010-10-23 21:42:14 »
UPDATE

One of the forgotten capital levels was missing causing a huge ass crash

Fixed a Major issue in the Forgotten City where the game would hang after Aeris' death

Fixed Vincent's animation bug

Added Aeris into Bugenhagen's Observatory

Gave Aeris the extra script for Bugen's death

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ly01xlsra1q6666

To install, unpack the original flevel I uploaded, and add these new files in.

Here is a complete list of everything changed:

Code: [Select]
Bugin1a - Changed text
Bugin1b
Bugin2
cos_btm2
ancnt1 - Vincent animations
ancnt4 - Vincent animations
sininb32 - Vincent animations
ancnt3 - WAS MISSING!!!
blue2 - Fixed hanging after aeris dies

Kuugen, here is a list of every level changed:

Itown1a
Nivgate
nivl_b12
nivl_b22
trnad_51
trnad_52
fship_12
fship_42
fship_3
fship_1
lastmap
mtcrl_2
zcoal_1
zcoal_3
fship_23 - Highwind as Tifa
Itown12
Ithos
Fship_24 - highwind before parachute
md8_5 - parachute scene
md8_6
md8brdg2
las4_0
las4_2
las4_4
las4_42
fr_e
holu_1
holu_2
gaiafoot
gaiin_6
Crater_1
crater_2
trnad_1
canon_2
itown2
ithill
trnad4
tunnel_6
woa_1
woa_2
woa_3
rcktin5
rcktin6
rcktin7
nivl_b1
fship_2 - Scene after Cloud and Tifa on the Hill
las0_8
las2_1
semkin_4
semkin_5
subin_1a
subin_1b
subin_3
fship_25
ujunon5
rktmin2
tunnel_5

Levels that needed extra text added
crater_1
crater_2
Itown2
Itown1a
Itown12
Ithos
subin_1b
subin_3
ujunon5
Gaiafoot
Las4_1

Levels that have edited text, that didnt require new ones being added:
Nivgate
Nivl_b1
fship_1
las0_8
las2_1
las4_0
semkin_4
semkin_5
semkin_6
md8_6
rcktin5
rcktin6
las2_1
fship_23
lastmap
tunnel_5
nivl_b22
fship_3
mtcrl_2
zcoal_1
zcoal_3
las4_4
fr_e
trnad_1
canon_2
trnad_4
md8_brdg2
nivl_b12
fship_2

May seem a bit messy to you, but I did it that way so that I didnt get myself confused about what needed new text added and what didnt. Saves time and space  :P

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2010-10-23 22:12:09 »
UPDATE

One of the forgotten capital levels was missing causing a huge ass crash

Fixed a Major issue in the Forgotten City where the game would hang after Aeris' death

Fixed Vincent's animation bug

Added Aeris into Bugenhagen's Observatory

Gave Aeris the extra script for Bugen's death

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ly01xlsra1q6666

To install, unpack the original flevel I uploaded, and add these new files in.

Here is a complete list of everything changed:

Bugin1a - Changed text
Bugin1b
Bugin2
cos_btm2
ancnt1 - Vincent animations
ancnt4 - Vincent animations
sininb32 - Vincent animations
ancnt3 - WAS MISSING!!!
blue2 - Fixed hanging after aeris dies

Kuugen, here is a list of every level changed:

Itown1a
Nivgate
nivl_b12
nivl_b22
trnad_51
trnad_52
fship_12
fship_42
fship_3
fship_1
lastmap
mtcrl_2
zcoal_1
zcoal_3
fship_23 - Highwind as Tifa
Itown12
Ithos
Fship_24 - highwind before parachute
md8_5 - parachute scene
md8_6
md8brdg2
las4_0
las4_2
las4_4
las4_42
fr_e
holu_1
holu_2
gaiafoot
gaiin_6
Crater_1
crater_2
trnad_1
canon_2
itown2
ithill
trnad4
tunnel_6
woa_1
woa_2
woa_3
rcktin5
rcktin6
rcktin7
nivl_b1
fship_2 - Scene after Cloud and Tifa on the Hill
las0_8
las2_1
semkin_4
semkin_5
subin_1a
subin_1b
subin_3
fship_25
ujunon5
rktmin2
tunnel_5

Levels that needed extra text added
crater_1
crater_2
Itown2
Itown1a
Itown12
Ithos
subin_1b
subin_3
ujunon5
Gaiafoot
Las4_1

Levels that have edited text, that didnt require new ones being added:
Nivgate
Nivl_b1
fship_1
las0_8
las2_1
las4_0
semkin_4
semkin_5
semkin_6
md8_6
rcktin5
rcktin6
las2_1
fship_23
lastmap
tunnel_5
nivl_b22
fship_3
mtcrl_2
zcoal_1
zcoal_3
las4_4
fr_e
trnad_1
canon_2
trnad_4
md8_brdg2
nivl_b12
fship_2

May seem a bit messy to you, but I did it that way so that I didnt get myself confused about what needed new text added and what didnt. Saves time and space  :P

Me Loves You Ultima.
Lots.

<33333 :p