Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 328528 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Lol its easy with makou reactor, since most of the functions are named for you. The only things that are confusing are the variables, since they change all the time, and they dont have names.

Yeah I have given in on this a few times, because of all the problems I had with it. I didnt realise that the other characters had scripts in them that activated scripts for other characters.

For example burning Nibelheim:

Aeris has all of the code she needed, but she just stood still infront of the camera man, and the game couldnt go on because Sephiroth couldnt get to the picture.

Turns out Sephiroth had a code like this:
If[Barret]is in the party
If[Red XIII]is in the party
and so on for all the characters, but there wasnt one for Aeris. So that was the problem i was able to find out using Makou reactor.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Sorry for the double post, but you'll forgive me for this :) :P

Looks as if a revival scene is possible after all....

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
Keep at it!  You sound like you're doing a terrific job :D

ultima espio

• View Profile

Since theres a lot of unused text in that level, I was able to give her her own speech.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
Ha!  I like the dialogue ;)

I don't recall being able to access that area normally.  When and how is this scene going to happen?

ultima espio

• View Profile
Ha!  I like the dialogue ;)

I don't recall being able to access that area normally.  When and how is this scene going to happen?

What? haha you can go there anytime, its just the area past the fish that you can't get into. You will be able to see this scene anytime after Aeris dies, BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE CLOUD. I dunno how to get it to work just once though :/

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
Really?  I don't remember running through that area at all :|
I guess I need I replay the game again.

By "fish", you mean fishermen?  I seem to remember not being able to get to where Jenova LIFE was fought after Aeris dies because there are two random fishermen people blocking the way.  No idea why the game makers put them there (I think they were fishermen).  You're removing them, then?

ultima espio

• View Profile
Really?  I don't remember running through that area at all :|
I guess I need I replay the game again.

By "fish", you mean fishermen?  I seem to remember not being able to get to where Jenova LIFE was fought after Aeris dies because there are two random fishermen people blocking the way.  No idea why the game makers put them there (I think they were fishermen).  You're removing them, then?

....Go play FF7 again xD

Thats the area where Aeris is buried, if you go into the shell in the background, there is a giant fish blocking the path down to the altar below. There are no Fishermen hahahaha

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
Don't remember the fish at all...

There must be something seriously wrong with me today.

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
 The fish is blocking a passage to Aerith death field and is inside the shell building on this field. Maybe not even blocking as while fish is there, there are no stairs at all, untill you sleep in the city waiting for Aerith & Sephiroth to come.:O Nothing ever as I recall blocks the way to -this- field through:P. Well maybe sleeping forest but that's BEFORE you find item to be able to go there for the first time.

BTW Nice update.

ultima espio

• View Profile
I dunno why I didnt realise before, but most of the levels have unused text in them. So instead of waiting for Makou reactor to be able to add new scripts, I can just edit the unused ones. I'm sooo slow sometimes :P

About that scene, for now I'm just gonna have it as a scene that explains why she is alive, rather than have a full side quest for it. There are so many variables that are needed in order to do that, and its so confusing on top of that....

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Yeah you should really stick with less complicated ways first before doing harder things. Good luck man can't wait to see an update soon. :)

Miseru

• View Profile
 I just noticed you only use text already in. Why not just use meteor for adding new text lines? Last time I tried it worked;P well deleting text crashed the program randomly heheh, but adding new worked fine and it should be easily available back in Makou Reactor after reimporting back. Giving you as many "unused" text to use as you wish for the project. It's pretty easy too, Meteor can paste code for character name, colored text etc. with a click of a button.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Not think I've thought of that? :P

Problem is, once you edit with meteor, you cant edit it again in Makou reactor. The new text that you put in vanishes, and if you compile a new lgp, makou reactor cant read it.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
So how can you make or add new texts in the game then? Can't makou reactor do it? Its not been updated recently.

Miseru

• View Profile
 I dunno now what's not working for you. I tested makou reactor yesterday it reads lgp made by Aali's lgp from meteor edited files firstly compressed with Ficedula's lzs easily. Also when does this added text disappear for you? Sure I culdn't edit it in makou reactor either, but I easily used it up to character as new dialogue and saved the file. Reopened and it was still there. It's actually easy to export from makou reactor, add new text in meteor, import it back and continue editing in makou reactor easy and stable interface, full edit without any third program. Hmmm maybe there's an limit for max dialogues and when you added too much/too long file corrupted? I tested it with just 3 new lines, each like 2-3 words - fully worked like I wrote above.

Edit
 Maybe when you tried that, you forgot to check -show unused texts- at makou reactor and thought they disappered?^^
« Last Edit: 2010-07-24 17:57:16 by Miseru »

ultima espio

• View Profile
Well, its strange :/ I cant edit any new lgp's at all, unless aali has updated the lgp packer since I last tried it. The new text is removed as soon as I import the new file into Makou Reactor, but the script still points to the text as if it were there. When I try it in game, it loads the boxes and everything, but just jibberish in them rather than the text i had put there.

Miseru

• View Profile
 You sure you didn't delete -  “” from around your new dialogues or anything else? Maybe just some formating error? And reading lgp... hmmm what compression You use to compress those decompressed field files? Ficedula LZS tool by default have exactly same compression like original, it worked for me, through I think lgp made by LGPtools worked too - well for me>.>. Anyway it's not even needed as makou reactor can export and import them hopefully without bugs. I'll try to add some custom text later and test it in game, couse didn't really tried ingame yet in editor they looked fine. Maybe tomorrow couse I'm leaving now>.>.

Edit:

Lots of testing today:3 and here are the results:
 -Makou Reactor just can't save any additional text lines=], add new windows, using existing dialogues or none and finish your work inside meteor. It's not hard really, they're defined as "MESSAGE (00,ID_of_the_dialog)">.>.

I tested opening lgp files made by both old LGP tools AND Aali's LGP/UNLGP(compressed firstly with Ficedula's LZS tool) and Makou reactor opened them fine and if they had more text it showed it fine too, then saved correctly and opened and they still were there. BUT if I just imported a file with more text to makou reactor, he saved without errors, but when opening it, the new text weren't there, soo it CAN'T save more text than it opens >.> it must be programmed that way... < then it shows those random signs in dialogue window ingame couse defined message isn't there.

Soo either you can, replace the dialogues in meteor finishing your files there, OR after you add all dialogues you want, make an LGP with them that can be readed in makou reactor. Maybe really I have some different versions of those programs and they work together for me while can't for you.:P If that's the case: http://www.MegaShare.com/2360804 self extracting archive with exactly what I used - Makou Reactor, Meteor, LZS, UNLGP, LGP. Maybe you forget to LZS the edited files before making an archive with LGP and that's why your Makou Reactor doesn't read those new LGP files? I dunno really, all working nice for me.:/

Edit2: Aw I wanted to use same sharing site most people here use but choosen wrong couse name was alike:P I prefer rapidshare, so I dunno, hope that's better: http://d01.megashares.com/dl/f4e9555/tools.exe Anyway one of them should work. xD

Edit3:
Check an working ingame example:O
http://img33.imageshack.us/g/iviewcapturedate2507201.jpg/
^added 2 new texts to Barret and yeah I know they're lame:P that was JUST AN EXAMPLE of making additional/new texts working ingame without replacing old ones:O - explanation for those who'll view and say they don't want it. xD
^LOL >.> forgot to uncheck mouse cursor on capture:P well it's just an crappy example anyway...
« Last Edit: 2010-07-25 05:30:17 by Miseru »

ultima espio

• View Profile
Still doesnt work, even with the tools you sent. They are the exact same versions as the ones I use :P Oh well.

Anyway, remember that Trnad_53 level that everyone used to think was there to revive Aeris? Well a few years ago I looked into the level, and I assumed that it was just there to load the models for the sephiroth cutscene...well thats wrong. I did NOT alter that level at all, I altered trnad_51 and 52, and Aeris was in that cutscene.

So...who knows what that scene was really for then....

Miseru

• View Profile
 Well Trnad_53 surely was just planned as another scene before cutscene where Cloud passes Sephiroth Black Materia, maybe it was replaced by the movie or movie linked better to previous scene. Surely it's nothing that could be available before as it would completely break the plot, not after as that "egg" with Seph fallen along those roots and stuff.

BTW how you do those lgp step by step? I just dunno why it doesn't work for you. But that lgp does work in game? Just can't be loaded back in Makou Reactor? Or doesn't load in game either?

IF I remember NOT ALL files in flevel.lgp are lzs archives it have more than just field files compressed, tut, tex and maplist, maybe you compress it by accident when you recreate lgp after editing? There are only 2 possiilities, you're doing something wrong while recreating flevel.lgp or same programs runs different for you than they do for me, I find that second rather impossible.

If you want you could send me files you want to add new dialogues(or full lgp if you don't wanna add all other files later by makou reactor import/just host somewhere and pm me with link if you want) and some list how many which scene to add and I would create working flevel.lgp with added dialogues, then you could export it from makou reactor, edit those texts in meteor, import back and use in Makou Reactor as you prefer as number of text wouldn't change in lgp, makou reactor would save them correctly.(I tested such saving and it works. Makou Reactor just dislike if number of dialogues changes inside him, it doesn't care if it's different/higher than original.)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Well, what I used to do before Makou Reactor was:

I'd extract all of the level files and decompress them

edit them in meteor

then extract all the files again, but keep them compressed

then take the edited uncompressed file, compress it, and put it in the folder with the other compressed ones, and then build the lgp.

I'll try it without actually editing anything and see what happens.

In other news, Marc gave me the script he was using for ff7voice, which lets me see the in game dialogue without having to play it or use makou reactor. It lets me see when I want her to speak too :P

Anyway, I came up with this for the final area when you get to Sephiroth and all the others make those speeches:

{Aeris}
“ {Cloud} is here, and Zack is here too!”
{NEW PAGE}
“My prayer was just the beginning, there’s still something left to do... ”
{NEW PAGE}
”We won’t lose Sephiroth!!”

Opinions please :)

EDIT: ahh, seems if I dont edit them, it loads fine.

EDIT2: Just tried it with one of the older edited ones, now it works :-o You may be right about some of them not being compressed. If only I could actually find out which ones aren't...
« Last Edit: 2010-07-26 15:26:45 by ultima espio »

Miseru

• View Profile
 So it does load fine if you make lgp without changes and not with even slight change? Still strange for me, as I do basically same thing but like in that example which I added 2 new dialogues to Barret - I remade lgp with them and finished editing in Makou adding scripts to use this text. So edited worked fine for me too. Maybe your added texts were too long or too many in a scene and couldn't get indexed correctly? I found that possible as the project seems pretty big:P.

Well your dialogue is fine, just don't show too much before release:P it'll be boring to know all before you release it for testing. xD Well but if Aerith mentions Zack, maybe you would make use of "ztruck" scene ingame too? In like Aerith would help Cloud to remember Zack and then this scene could be used. As he doesn't really belive in it even seeing how Tifa feels after Seph shows them the past. I find it scripted quite nice, through I guess it's not used in game(or I don't remember where>.>), would be a nice long new scene with hopefully not much work to add. There are some other scenes I guess that could be unlocked to add even more fun to the project.

Aw one more thing, not sure if it's still same as in the movie you had on youtube with that battle against Seph when you create 3 parties, but third party could have only 2 members leaving 1 to sit useless while other fight=]. Did you changed that already or planning to change?:P Isn't that set just by paramether of "Show menu Change party (parameter 8)" in script 5 of group HEN in lastmap field? Not sure I just thought abvout now and looking xD maybe setting parameter at 9 will allow 3 parties 3 characters each:P. Seems logical.

ultima espio

• View Profile
It works if I import the old ones I edited. I think its just because I used LGPtools the first time around.

Now it can import new text in :-o It couldnt do it before, but now it can. Might be because I'm using a newer version of Meteor.

Loveless can read them too, so I can change the size of the boxes and things. FINALLY! Now I can make some progress with this....

Anyway, I'll have to try changing it to parameter 9. Did you notice how I went to chose Cait Sith and then thought nahh lets go for Vincent? :P

Miseru

• View Profile
 Glad it finally works for you! Hah and yeah noticed that heheh everyone looove Cait Sith=[. If only he knew he would be more emo^^. I kind of like that dumn golem through without disliking any other so thought that it should be done for all characters. Not sure about this parameter as it isn't explained on wiki, but we can guess seeing there 8 while 8 characters is used, and it should work just fine setting it as 9 as I guess you already added scripts for Aerith everywhere around. Maybe nine character will need also new slot position on the field, not sure how that looked on your movie/how it's currently done by you^_^.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Tried parameter 9, its not programmed with a team number. BUT I have an idea. Parameter 8 is for 2, and if that appears once, then I could just change it to the one for 3...