Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 328594 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
I can give you a hint about what I've done with the Kernel :P

A certain weapon is no longer useless... ;)

I need to finish my extra side quest too, and make sure that it only happens once. It would be pointless doing it over and over again...

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
If you are talking about one of Aerith's weapons, namely, the Umbrella, the hardcore mod already changes that to be less useless.

ultima espio

• View Profile
 ;)

But...who says it's the Umbrella? ;) Perhaps it's something new...

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
I am not sure what weapons the hardcore mod touches, but I modified all weapons.
As such, I'm interested in what exactly you are doing to aerith's weapons. ( or one, as it stands. )
Leaving the details of the side quest aside, it'd be boring to know, I'm interested at which PLACE the quest takes place.  ( or if you dont wanna tell, 'when' ( CD2, CD3, CD1 ) )

ultima espio

• View Profile
It can happen any time after the underwater reactor. It takes place in *spoilers* The Sector 5 Church. You recieve the Princess Guard+, basically its the Umbrella edited with the Princess Guards data, with bigger stat improvements, with Ultima Weapon's materia slots. It also uses the Princess Guard's model.

From now I'll post things like that in White, so it can be ignored if you don't want to read it.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Well
Unless you literally take out the Umbrella from the rollercoaster game in CD1 then, you can get two of those. One even before the first princess guard, and one after you get the sector 5 key. Personally, I'd say its easier to just replace the princess guard in the ancient temple with something else and edit the Princess Guard to be the ultimate weapon.  Thats what I did.  Of course you can also replace the Umbrella with something, but that really depends on what ya wanna do.  I, personally, suggest something like this:

The ancient temple weapons are all non-slot weapons. Just replace the princess guard with the Umbrella. The non-slot weapons are SOLD in junon on CD2 anyway, so its no biggie to get more than one Umbrella. Adjust the Princess Guard to what you want it to do and put it into your side quest. This not only solves the issue of duplicate princess guard+ but also makes more sense than the initial temple of ancient chest allocation.

I can haz white too

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
;)

But...who says it's the Umbrella? ;) Perhaps it's something new...

Probably Sephiroth's replica sword ;)

edit, oh the umbrella?  Well you can get that one I suppose :P
« Last Edit: 2010-09-23 13:49:28 by DLPB »

obesebear

• View Profile
It can happen any time after the underwater reactor.
Can you not use one of her unused weapon files?

ultima espio

• View Profile
Nope, tried that :-\ I thought I could make a new weapon with that, but apparently not.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
There are 'unused' weapon slots? looking at the weapons with wallmarket, there are no empty slots though.

ultima espio

• View Profile
There are 'unused' weapon slots? looking at the weapons with wallmarket, there are no empty slots though.

Exactly, there are extra Guard Stick models, which is what made me and bear think that there were unused slots, but WallMarket won't let you use them. If you could use them, then it would be VERY handy.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Well, that certainly is weird. Are they dummied out weapons all given the guard stick model? If they exist, why can't they be used? I mean, wall market shows the dummied out items, materia and key items, why not the weapons, accessoires and armors?

ultima espio

• View Profile
It's worth asking about, I'll mention it in the WallMarket thread.

ultima espio

• View Profile
I am now 80-90% done :D

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
GO GO GO!!!! :D

(And don't double-post.)

ultima espio

• View Profile
It's allowed for Projects :P

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Just stop being cruel and gimme an alpha version already  ;D

ultima espio

• View Profile
Just finishing off a little bit of Programming, and it'll be done. After 5 years of different attempts, it'll be done  ;D

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
just a quick question
have you found a solution for the
weapon thing? the sidequest weapon thing? I'd rather NOT change my kernel.bin because its been modified to hell and back

ultima espio

• View Profile
Well, you'd have to change it if you wanted the weapon to work at all, even if I did manage to add a new one

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
I really dont care much for the weapon tbh. I would need to do some re-designing anyway, to fit the other ultimate weapons I have. stats and so on. also, how did you deal with the duplicate issue? did you change the umbrella and took the umbrella out of the rollercoaster game?

ultima espio

• View Profile
Yeah, I've taken it out. It's now replaced with Fairy Tale. I didn't think it really mattered much that I chose that one, since you get a free one and you can buy them...

Either that or one of them useless 1/35 soldier things.

EDIT: lol, you could get one of those already :P
« Last Edit: 2010-09-27 08:30:33 by ultima espio »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
I'm interested how you changed the reward for the rollercoaster game. Also, basically, the umbrella is now, in your kernel, the princess guard+ and obtainable from the sidequest. I'd like to switch this around a little. Namely, I want to replace the princess guard in the ancient temple with the umbrella, keep the umbrella in the shooting game or replace it with something like a mega-elixir, and use the original princess guard as princess guard+ for your sidequest. The only knowledge I really need for that is to know how to switch items found. I assume thats in flevel.

edit: I assume its done via makou reactor?
edit2: ok, found it. need to wait for your flevel.lgp now
« Last Edit: 2010-09-27 10:45:28 by KuugenTheFox »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Whitetexting doesn't work very well on the dark backgrounds :|
« Last Edit: 2010-09-27 12:20:50 by Kudistos Megistos »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Whitetexting doesn't work very well on the dark backgrounds :|
It works well enough that if somebody wants to read it, they have to actively try. Well enough for spoilers.

Though a spoiler tag would be nice.