Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 328472 times)

ultima espio

• View Profile
Re: [REL]Ultima Espio Final Fantasy VII Aeris patch
« Reply #475 on: 2011-03-27 16:22:26 »
I've never put her in my team on the psx version tbh, it's just something someone on youtube told me. He was worried that he wouldn't be able to finish the game at all because he thought he'd get that glitch.

well, in the psx version if you even have Aeris when you go to fight Sephiroth, the game will just crash. I just got the PC version, so I wasn't sure if the same thing would happen.

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2011-03-27 16:24:19 »
really... weird. didn't happen to me, i've fought Jenova-Synthesis Bizzaro & Safer Seph with no problems. (well... there was this one time... when i quadraed Ultima. oops. lol.) maybe his discs were bad or something, i have no idea.

sutebenu

« Reply #477 on: 2011-04-15 17:03:04 »
Hello, I am rather new here (just joined in fact) and mainly joined when I had discovered this project and wanted to ask you (and if anyone else can answer this, please do) which of these other mods would not work with this patch:

2. The SaiNt's High Res FF7PC Patch v1.00  (with integrated Jedwin's chocobo patch)  by SaiNt
 3. YAMP - Yet Another Multi-Patcher  by dziugo
 4. Higher quality Cloud mod  by Dreakon
5.a) FF7PC Hand Patch mod v01.6  by Srethron Askvelhtnod
 5.b) NPC Reconstruction Project for FF7PC 0.6 mod  by Borde + ice_cold513 + Stormmedia

6. New Spell Patch  by zero88
 7. Advent Avatars mod  by Wuz
 8. ff7_lessdebug  by Aali  (usable with ff7music)

9. Scene Redux v1.2 by Salk

I am almost completely certain that the mods in bold would directly clash since you made new models for Aerith since she didn't have the ones the others did for the next two discs, if I am wrong about this, please tell me. Also if you could be so kind, would you tell me in general which types of mods to avoid? (not as in which ones directly but broader view, such as mods that change spells and such)

Thank you very much in advance, you simply can't know how much I appreciate any help on this matter.

EDIT: I see that the last one is immediately out since it edits the Scene files, which you expressly say to avoid mix and matching those.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-15 17:24:23 by sutebenu »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2011-04-15 17:11:01 »
Do not use the High Res patch. Use aali's custom driver instead.

sutebenu

« Reply #479 on: 2011-04-15 17:25:16 »
Do you foresee any problems with the other mods?

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2011-04-16 03:50:53 »
2. The SaiNt's High Res FF7PC Patch v1.00  (with integrated Jedwin's chocobo patch)  by SaiNt
 3. YAMP - Yet Another Multi-Patcher  by dziugo
 4. Higher quality Cloud mod  by Dreakon
 5.a) FF7PC Hand Patch mod v01.6  by Srethron Askvelhtnod
 5.b) NPC Reconstruction Project for FF7PC 0.6 mod  by Borde + ice_cold513 + Stormmedia
 6. New Spell Patch  by zero88
 7. Advent Avatars mod  by Wuz
 8. ff7_lessdebug  by Aali  (usable with ff7music)
9. Scene Redux v1.2 by Salk

2. Outdated. Use Aali's driver.
3. Integrated into Aali's driver.
4. Use the high quality Cloud model by APZ freak.
5. Both of these have been outdated. Use the Phoenix Rejuvenation mod.
6. Will work with all the recent mods.
7. Will work with all the recent mods.
8. Not too sure about this one. There is a more recent version of FF7music though.
9. Never heard of it.

To make all of this easier, I would suggest downloading Final Fantasy VII Remix v2.5.1 and using that. Then going into the Frequently Asked Questions section of the forums and following the guide on how to update all the outdated mods.

sutebenu

« Reply #481 on: 2011-04-16 19:01:03 »
Alright, thanks so much for your help. Right now I have the New Spells patch, Avalanche Project, PRP, APZ Cloud, Retail 1.02, Aali Custom Driver all installed and in perfect working order.

My only question now (I don't want to have to redo everything) is this:

would this Aerith patch interfere or change any of the above mods?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2011-04-16 19:02:50 »
It'll work fine with all of those. The new model will be fine, it's just a new HRC rather than actual models. You may have to do a bit of editing so that the parts are aligned but apart from that it's all good.

sutebenu

« Reply #483 on: 2011-04-16 19:04:22 »
Oh that is wonderful! Thank you very much!

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2011-04-22 11:18:42 »
Excuse me man,but aeris patch is for what emulator? can you explain/tell me more details about it?

Ah, Youtube :P

dankar3

« Reply #485 on: 2011-04-26 12:01:49 »
Sorry if this has been asked before!
I, didn't install this patch before disc 2 as i was loving the retranslation pack,
After i unpatched the retranslation pack and installed this patch  i have Aerith/Aeris on the airship but she's not in PHS.
Is there a certain even't i have to do or something?
i have already seen the Ultima Espio dialogue.

The simple fix ofc would be to enable her in PHS from BlackChocobo, but i don't wanna miss anything i'm supposed to see;)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2011-04-26 16:38:58 »
You'll have to enable her yourself in Black Chocobo, you've missed the part that unlocks her. No problem though.

dankar3

« Reply #487 on: 2011-04-26 18:57:36 »
Alright thanks ;)
guess ill have to play without the patch tho, changed to your kernel's and copied folders as described but the battle against diamond weapon sent me to battle arena , so i guess it's a conflict with one of the other patches i have installed.;)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2011-04-26 18:59:07 »
Yeah, if you mix and match kernels and scenes, you get madness. So if your already using a Kernel or Scene mod, don't use my kernels. Everything else will be alright.

Swansong

« Reply #489 on: 2011-05-24 16:08:20 »
So it's quite not possible to make this patch work with the increased difficulty mod, is it ? Since I had to change the scene.bin file ?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2011-05-25 11:33:09 »
So it's quite not possible to make this patch work with the increased difficulty mod, is it ? Since I had to change the scene.bin file ?

It is, just don't use my Kernels :)

All my Kernel does it edit Aeris' Umbrella weapon. So if you wanted to, you could just copy my changes into your Kernel and it would work.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2011-05-28 14:17:56 »
Hey after I applied your patch to the game. Everything went smoother until the sephiroth and cloud scene at kalm. Is it because I did the patch wrong?

Anyone else had this? No idea what he's talking about...

GoHurtSomething

• Making geeks look sexy since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2011-06-03 00:28:46 »
Sorry to be a bit cheeky (as I've posted a similar post on another thread) however does this patch work with the Phoenix Rejuvenation Project? Thanks all.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2011-06-03 08:36:51 »
Sorry to be a bit cheeky (as I've posted a similar post on another thread) however does this patch work with the Phoenix Rejuvenation Project? Thanks all.

It does, yes. My new model is only the HRC, so it'll still load any new models you put in char.lgp.

I think I should add this to the first post.

GoHurtSomething

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2011-06-04 18:25:39 »
thanks for the reply ultima espio. Sorry to hassle you though. spent the past day killing aeris. and now iv'e stared the patch. Just wondering are the kernels essential and (if they are) do I use LGP tools or just copy and replace? sorry to be such a noob. very new to modding as I grew up on consoles. Thanks

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2011-06-04 18:26:41 »
No, they just change the Umbrella into a stronger version of the Princess Guard.

GoHurtSomething

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2011-06-04 18:31:42 »
Oh right fair enough. The Brolly is Kinda crap and so's the princess gaurd compared to other characters Final weapons. do I just copy and replace the existing kernels then?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2011-06-04 18:35:14 »
Yeah. BUT if you have edited your scene.bin, don't copy my kernel's otherwise you'd get crazyness.

GoHurtSomething

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2011-06-04 18:40:41 »
Cool Cheers dude thanks for the help!!!

GoHurtSomething

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2011-06-04 19:31:26 »
I'm really sorry to hassle you ultima espio. but I finished the patch. and aeris is in the highwind saying we can find cloud. but I cant add her to my party. Is the patch done wrong or do I have to get to a certain part? Iv just got the highwind and cloud is missing. thanks dude