Author Topic: Mods in 7H tutorial video don't exist (Actually, they do...just moved/renamed)  (Read 5495 times)

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
Was following the guide for FF7 7th Heaven, after converting it from Steam port to the 98 version, and to my dismay, the mods that are present in Reunion, not are they nonexistent, but the mods that are in lieu of them are useless. What do I mean?

Take this video https://youtu.be/zInKUeTDGVo?t=543 for instance, you can see that all the in-field and world models are the same as being used when using Reunion on the Steam port. In the workshop, the name of the mod is called Field Models - Character, Enemies and Objects.  But, upon looking at the Workshop, this mod does not exist, so far what I've only seen is a mod that changes the overworld/map models, but in dungeons, towns, all character are the stumpy Chibi models, further adding to my disappointment.  The next grievance is the fact that the battle menu gets messed up when I try to filter the backgrounds with a filter mod. The Beacause Mod doesn't seem to work without messing up the menu, in short, I can't replicate any of the mods that Reunion has, and those actually work.

That, and whenever I post, no one, and I mean no one, ever seems to be around to answer my question and concerns, I thought this was a closer-knit community, I guess I was wrong. I don't have high hopes of being able to find a solution to wanting to use the same mods Reunion has, in conjunction with smoothed backgrounds (I can't stand pixellation, hurts my eyes).

- 60 FPS battle fix
- Re-translation
- Fixed menus
- Enhanced models outside of battle

Is this not possible with 7th Heaven at all?

~ Yes, they're all still there from the video. In fact, more has been added since the video was uploaded. But I am not going to update it every time I do small updates to the Catalog. When the next big update occurs with Catalog 3.0, a new video will be uploaded that reflects everything that is current with 7H. ~ EQ2Alyza
« Last Edit: 2017-03-15 05:11:40 by EQ2Alyza »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Re: Mods in 7H tutorial video don't exist
« Reply #1 on: 2017-03-13 17:59:37 »
Many people make their own mods from their own resources. They won't be in the catalogue.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-03-13 18:00:46 »
Many people make their own mods from their own resources. They won't be in the catalogue.
So what am I supposed to do? Give up? Because it's evident that there's no way in hell I'll be able to replicate the mods that Reunion uses and use filtered backgrounds. What a disappointment and waste of time this mod is.

I bet dollars to donuts that no one else is going to reply; every thread I make, there's only ever one reply, no one else replies again.  So what do I do now? It's pretty clear I can't have the best of both worlds.

jasmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-03-13 22:35:35 »
This thread sounds incredibly whiny and ungrateful. I get that you're frustrated, but people take time out of their busy lives to provide these mods and utilities for free.  Try to be a little thankful.

If you're asking about how to use Reunion, the field models, and omzy/yarlson/waifu backgrounds and stuff, that's possible.

Go to "catalogue" and click "search" and it'll bring up all mods available. Download whatever you want, then go to library and click search. Activate whatever you want, then go to active mods and configure to your liking.

- 60 FPS battle fix
Included in Animations.  Download that, check the box under 60 fps battles.

- Re-translation
Included in The Reunion. It's called Beacause.

Fixed menus
Mostly in Reunion, also in menu backdrops and avatars.

Enhanced models outside of battle
Mods you specifically are looking for and mods that may interest you:
Field Models - Main Characters
Field Models - Non-Playable Characters
World Models - Characters

Animations (sort of, better running for non-chibi cloud at least)
Media - Movies for no-chibi FMVs
Battle Models - Characters
Battle Models - Enemies
Battle Models - Weapons
Field Models - Objects
Misc - Dynamic Cloud Weapons
World Models - Enemies
World Models - Vehicles

To fix reunion menus make sure you're using the right .exe.  go to workshop - settings and change the exe file path so it points to ff7_bc.exe
« Last Edit: 2017-03-13 23:02:46 by jasmer »

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #4 on: 2017-03-14 12:07:48 »
I replied to your PM, was away for a few days there. Hope you got your Berserker models sorted with the info i gave

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-03-14 14:40:10 »
I replied to your PM, was away for a few days there. Hope you got your Berserker models sorted with the info i gave
I'm not sure if I understand?  Then again, I think I only got maybe four hours of sleep last night. I'll need to think about this, I feel pretty bad about what I said and did.

Edit: Filters don't seem to filter background textures...weird
« Last Edit: 2017-03-14 23:03:16 by the_randomizer85 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2017-03-15 05:04:38 »
This thread sounds incredibly whiny and ungrateful. I get that you're frustrated, but people take time out of their busy lives to provide these mods and utilities for free.  Try to be a little thankful.

This is why I've refrained from responding. I've read a lot of your posts in this same manner.

You tend to post an overwhelming amount of frustration from your side only, and leave it all with just one question at end that basically asks if anyone can fix your frustrations. Yes, the video tutorial is outdated and needs to be updated. Yes, most of what you're wanting is already in the Catalog but spread across several of the categories. Yes, those said features are from older versions of Reunion. All are being addressed in the next Catalog 3.0 update. But until that happens, we need Reunion and New Threat to be updated to R06 and NT 1.5, otherwise it really is "a waste of time" to do more work than needed.

Please wait until the next Catalog update and if you don't get what you're looking for, then request for it in the Mod Requests sticky. But please don't post about it in the Reunion thread, Troubleshooting forum, or other user's posts. Multiple posts on the same topic are generally frowned upon and ignored.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if I understand?  Then again, I think I only got maybe four hours of sleep last night. I'll need to think about this, I feel pretty bad about what I said and did.

Edit: Filters don't seem to filter background textures...weird

Check if the mod path is linked to "textures" in the opengl.cfg. DLPB's mod does change it to reunion.

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
Check if the mod path is linked to "textures" in the opengl.cfg. DLPB's mod does change it to reunion.

Didn't think to check that, will do so tomorrow..