Author Topic: Impossible to enter correct launch code on Space Shuttle  (Read 4852 times)

JetBlack

• View Profile
Hi,
I'm new to posting on this forum, but I have watched this forum for well over two years, I think the progress of all the patches is nothing short of amazing.  Anyways, heres the deal.  I have installed every known patch there is for FF7 , I started a new run with the hope of maxing stats beyond the number limits ( Hp: 9999, Mp:999) and have looked forward to perfecting the game again.  So I have done a flawless run so far, way ahead of myself than any previous gameplays, and I am now at the point where I am to collect the huge materias. 
Rocket town:  I go through all the FMV's all the conversations, and then rush to the room to attempt and enter the launch code.  One problem, nothing, and I mean no code works.  My previous run through, I used my gamepad button translations of what the guide says to enter in (circle, square, X, X), except this time, it doesnt work.  And I swear I have attempted every other combination.  Now I'm wondering if there is a proper sequence in getting the huge materia, I got the first one from stopping the train, and I believe that I have gone to rocket town after that.  Do I have to get the one underwater before I go on the rocket ,but none of that really makes sense.  Getting this huge materia is crucial because it is one of the master materias in cosmo canyon's observatory.
Am I screwed?  Does the code randomly generate each run through?  Is there a proper sequence of collecting huge materia? 
Any help would be appreciated, but I understand that it might be a glitch from all the conflicting patches.  Its still odd.
And I have checked whether or not my controller had been malfunctioning, and reinstalled in many times.

-Jet

Synergy Blades

Re: Impossible to enter correct launch code on Space Shuttle
« Reply #1 on: 2007-04-28 19:50:57 »
I checked the field's scripting for this one, since I've never known what to enter either. It's definitely hard-coded, not random. I think the correct sequence is:

[OK], [Switch], [Cancel], [Cancel].

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #2 on: 2007-04-28 20:43:06 »
Yeah it must be this. Dont forget, in the PS-Version, Circle is OK, Square is Switch and X is Cancel  :wink:

Demarest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-04-28 20:49:59 »
The problem is that he has every patch known installed.

Always Run is likely the culprit. The long way would be to remove the patch just before doing that part and then reapply it afterwards. The short way would be to hold Cancel before it asks you to input the code. WHILE HOLDING CANCEL, press OK and then Switch. Now let go of Cancel. You may have to press and release once more to make it register as two presses of Cancel instead of one continuous one.

If you've played the entire game with Always Run installed, you've likely encountered other non-issues whether you realized it or not. For example, competing against Big Bro in Wall Market, manually operating the clock in the Temple of Ancients, and when Cloud raises his sword to Aeris. Maybe more. Those are just the ones I've noted thus far.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #4 on: 2007-04-28 21:40:18 »
So the always run patch just holds Cancel all the time?

SuperBeast

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-04-28 22:28:50 »
This rings major bells.  I think i had this patch installed a year or so ago and I ran into the same problem.  I'm not sure what made me realise the problem was with the always run patch, however upon its removal, all was good again.

JetBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-04-28 23:35:08 »
Demarest,

Thanks for the help, I tried holding the run button and entering the code and it worked, but then the video stalled out, hahaha  :-).  Anyways, the only problem I have now is that there are black streaks in all of my FMV's, Im not sure where that is coming from.  Would I have to reinstall the movie player perhaps to fix that problem?

-Jet

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-04-28 23:42:27 »
are you running the game windowed or in 32 bit color? because FF7s movie player doesn't like 32 bit color and does the funky black bar thing.

Demarest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-04-28 23:53:23 »
I can't say for sure. Being that it was a patch instead of a standalone app, I just assumed it toggled the requirements for running. But things such as these suggest that yes, it's holding Cancel all the time. But only in a way that impacts in the field. i.e. not in battle, world map, or the menu.

JetBlack

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-04-29 00:09:04 »
EmperorSteele,

Thanks for pointing that out, I went back into the Cetra config , and installed the windowed patch over again, and it fixed the video.  Here we are in 2007, and I just had two questions about a nearly decade old game answered in a matter of hours, ridiculous.

-Jet