Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1841823 times)

Zacharias

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #2550 on: 2013-05-26 10:16:03 »
Zacharias, would you mind uploading your most recent save before encountering Yuffie? Black Chocobo is great, but I'd like to test this myself to fix it rather than just working around it.

The most recent save is just before I fight the boss in Wutai, literally just before Yuffie is suppose to give back the Materia, would that be okay?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2551 on: 2013-05-26 18:15:49 »
So I hit another roadblock. Beginning of disc 2, right before you get to the crater/whirlwind maze there's a section with 4 giant icicles to fight. After the first fight it gives me the choice to stay or jump down like it should, but after beating the second one there's no dialogue box and it automatically makes me jump down.

EDIT: Nm, I WAS able to pass it - but only by choosing the bottom option "Jump down to the room below? -> Yes" after each fight which lets me stay up and keep fighting the icicles. Translation mistake maybe?

There are hidden scripts within the game, and the icicle is one of them. Another common place to see is passing along the bridge after Mt. Corel reactor for the first time. There is a discussion buried somewhere on the forums about these places. Apparently the conversion from PSX to PC, or perhaps JP to EN, is the cause...I don't remember the exact details and can't seem to locate the discussion. But basically the UI mods conflict with these hidden scripts, and I don't believe anything can be done about it. The way you chose your options was what I did on my playthroughs as well.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: 2013-05-28 23:29:54 »
All of Millenia's sword models installed except the Ultima weapon. Any ideas what happened here? Am I ok to manually run his installer again, or will that corrupt my game?

I posted this in another thread, so I apologize for duplicate. Feel it might be more easily noticed here.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-28 23:32:51 by cjmstate »

intolko

• View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: 2013-06-01 16:17:15 »
Hi, i was wondering.....

if i am going to format and reinstall os, wich file do i have to save to keep my progress, to reinstall the game  and copy the file again and play where i was?

Thanks for this HUGE effort on reviving this great game.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: 2013-06-01 18:02:44 »
Hi, i was wondering.....

if i am going to format and reinstall os, wich file do i have to save to keep my progress, to reinstall the game  and copy the file again and play where i was?

Thanks for this HUGE effort on reviving this great game.

You want to save the "save" folder.

intolko

• View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: 2013-06-02 14:01:22 »
Thanks, but it is too late for me...

i did format my Hdd and lost the "save" folder.get it back with software, reinstalled the game and did copy the file to the folder save, but when i try to load it, y shows an error and doesn´t let me load   :cry:

And another question is... how can i change the language to spanish?

Thanks again for helping me.

Fleet Command

• View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: 2013-06-06 17:04:01 »
Hello, guys.

I'd like to ask a question that I am sure is answered somewhere, only I haven't found it so far. (To make matter worse, "Due to high stress on the server, the search function has been automatically and temporarily disabled.") First, excellent work! The configurator was a great idea. Now, my question is: What can the configurator alone, all by itself do? In other words, I know that it looks for mod packages that need separate download, but I also know that  Bootleg.exe is 324 MB and there are bits and pieces of other mods in it.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Never mind. I think I know the answer.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-06 17:11:13 by Fleet Command »

adivinhaquem

• View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: 2013-06-07 14:36:25 »
hi to all of you, i just wanted to say thanks to this final fantasy comunity for the wonderfull mods and lovely guides of Final Fantasy VII you guys created, keep up the good job :D and lets hope squaresoft rush up for the remake of it! Cheers  :mrgreen:

Fleet Command

• View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: 2013-06-07 23:45:40 »
The bad news: Square Enix has made it clear that there won't be a remake before they succeed in making something that surpass Final Fantasy VII. In all the fairness, a remake will cost them eight to sixteen times more trouble than the original game and won't have a fraction of the original sale.

The good(?) news: A remake is in progress, nevertheless. Not by Square Enix but by the fans. I'm not talking about the various "remake" projects the flash across the Internet from time to time and disappear in a matter of a month. I am seeing the community at Qhimm has remade almost every bit and piece of FF7 individually. The last piece of the puzzle was a remake of an FF7 engine which is now in progress over at SourceForge. So, are we going to have a community remake after all? God knows. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: 2013-06-08 06:52:12 »
It has been reported that SE has made more money from FFXI than any other title in the series. Will the NEW XIV be a hit? My 8 ball says "focus and ask again"...

Or is outsell not what you meant by surpass?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: 2013-06-08 15:05:26 »
Q-Gears is not dead right?

DraigoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: 2013-06-11 13:19:00 »
"Template"

"(It has been reported that SE has made more money from FFXI than any other title in the series. Will the NEW XIV be a hit? My 8 ball says "focus and ask again"...

Or is outsell not what you meant by surpass?)

What about final fantasy XIII-Versus... oh wait I mean final fantasy XV
« Last Edit: 2013-06-11 13:21:17 by DraigoDragon »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: 2013-06-11 18:31:15 »
For future reference if you want to quote another post just go to that post instead of making a new message and click the quote button.

DraigoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: 2013-06-13 21:09:54 »
For future reference if you want to quote another post just go to that post instead of making a new message and click the quote button.

I did... I thought I clicked the right one but It was yours.

Though I didn't think of clicking quote again sorry

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: 2013-06-13 21:24:40 »
I did... I thought I clicked the right one but It was yours.

Though I didn't think of clicking quote again sorry

BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!

Steak?

STAKE

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: 2013-06-14 11:18:44 »
Is it possible to switch between FFX and FFIX battle interface style without re-installing ff7 / bootleg ?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: 2013-06-14 12:31:46 »
Yes, you should be able to reinstall Menu Overhaul manually and change it without any problems, provided you haven't deleted dlpb's backup folder. Which style do you prefer?
« Last Edit: 2013-06-14 12:33:47 by Template »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: 2013-06-14 13:11:56 »
Kranmer has written some dll's to switch the style in game: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11649.msg175014#msg175014

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: 2013-06-14 13:50:46 »
Is it possible to switch between FFX and FFIX battle interface style without re-installing ff7 / bootleg ?

I install both with the Style Switcher and use the hotkeys to switch between them:

• CTRL+F5 = FFX  Battle Menu w/o 9999 Break
  • CTRL+F6 = FFIX Battle Menu w/o 9999 Break
  • CTRL+F7 = FFX  Battle Menu w/  9999 Break
  • CTRL+F8 = FFIX Battle Menu w/  9999 Break

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: 2013-06-14 14:27:36 »
Thanks EQ2Alyza. It works very well with Kranmer.dll
Does it have more instructions ? For example I saw that it's possible with Kranmer's dll to change the FPS fight ? Or others things like that ?

kthxicus

• View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: 2013-06-23 15:29:53 »
Sorry if its been posted before but this thread is 103 pages. I recently started a new play of FF7 using bootleg .40 and using the tifa's mod compilation that I got from the torrent link provided in this thread. The game was playing great and everything worked fine until on hardcore mode until I got to the part in the Shinra HQ where the meeting was supposed to take place. There is nobody in the meeting room, going into the bathroom vent didn't trigger anything. If I go upstairs twice more the floor is covered in blood and the president is already dead without having done the fight with the specimen or anything like that. I can go through the second story of the lab and take the elevator to the first and talk to RedX and he tells me to go upstairs but is no longer there.

I tried to get around this by using the included trainer and teleporting to outside of midgar and going to Kalm to hopefully start that backstory but when I get there, Tifa and Barret say everyone is waiting for me in the Hotel but no events trigger when I go upstairs. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: 2013-06-23 17:58:17 »
I didn't include a trainer with any of my links.

Did you install Mode-Switching as your difficulty?

kthxicus

• View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: 2013-06-23 18:13:22 »
I torrented a file named Tifa's Package [Bootleg .40 mods] from kat. I put those files into the bootleg directory and used that to update my game, it came with a trainer, I just assumed that was yours.

Anyways when I select start the game through the FF7 Bootloader Icon it pops up with the menu with Game Mode (I chose Hardcore) and five check box options. New Spell Names, Aeris Revival, Scene Redux, Load Anywhere, and Trainer.  I have the old version of the game btw, original cd's.

kthxicus

• View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: 2013-06-23 18:16:32 »
Also wanted to thank this entire group for doing this, besides this problem the game is much improved, I can't imagine the work and hours put into it and I definitely appreciate it.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: 2013-06-23 22:47:09 »
This is my Torrent, which is linked in my written guide: http://kickass.to/tifa-s-package-bootleg040-mods-t6955570.html

I don't suggest downloading mods from anyone other than what you find on this site. You never know what people have put in them.

Also, because you can switch difficulties in Bootloader, that means you did install Mode-Switching. This feature is very buggy and likely the cause of your issues. I would start over with a fresh install of the game and choose a single difficulty in BFE. You can copy/paste your save folder before starting over and try starting back where you left off before you ran into your problem.