Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 497004 times)

Blagnarok

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven
« Reply #675 on: 2019-02-28 20:33:38 »
I love your mod.  The new version has some really awesome new ideas.  Removing those ugly shadows and having Cloud prepare for battle are awesome.

Unfortunately, I still prefer your previous version 1.66 simply for the reason it allows for the HQ weapons.  I think those are the best, not that I do not like your weapons.  In fact, the only real thing I feel missing is not the weapons themselves, but that Dynamic HQ weapons allows Cloud to wear whatever weapon he wields.  If you could add that back into your new version, weather with your weapons or HQ weapons, it would be awesome.  Having Cloud prepare for battle holding the weapon he is wielding adds a lot of immersion, even more than preparing for battle in my opinion, but combining those two would be the best.  I want to prepare for battle with the weapon I'm fighting with.

Great mod all around despite my one request, and I wish all the best to you!

Edit:  I actually solved the problem of the dynamic HD weapons by using your ChaOS Cloud IRO from 1.66 just before your newest version in my load order.  Now I can have the newer models, no shadows, and the hq dynamic weapons.  Unfortunately, the prepare for battle models still don't work with the hq weapons so cloud always carries his sword even when hanging out at the inn.  Awesome mods, once again.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-28 23:29:22 by Blagnarok »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: 2019-03-01 09:47:39 »
I have worked out already a working solution.

Edit:
See the download page on Nexus.
« Last Edit: 2019-03-01 10:34:07 by Kaldarasha »

Blagnarok

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2019-03-02 13:47:40 »
Thanks for the fast fix!  Works great.  I have the ChaOS Cloud IRO from 1.66 at the top of my load order with the newest Chaos IRO just under it and I have dynamic weapons, HQ weapons, prepare for battle, and no shadows all working perfectly.  The new bike music is really cool as well.  Thanks again!

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 2019-03-03 09:54:25 »
You don't need the ChaOS Cloud if you using the new dynamic weapons. Well it's not really new but it is cleaned from unnecessary files.

X-1-Alpha

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2019-04-18 07:59:30 »
Hello @Kaldarasha,

I must admit, even with 7thHeaven I'm completely lost and so I have a few questions for you.

Should I use:
-
Kaldarasha models from "Field Models - Main Characters" and "Field Models - Non-Player Characters" version 2.2 and 2.34 released on 08/01/2017 ?

Edit: seems obsolete and replaced by ChaOS 1.702, if you intend to use only Kaldarasha models off course

- ChaOS from the imported IRO downloaded on Nexus, version 1.702 released on 18/04/2019 ?

- ChaOS Base downloaded from 7thHeaven with the subscription link you mentionned on the first post, version 1.66 released on 04/03/2015 ?
Edit: seems obsolete and replaced by ChaOS 1.702

- ChaOS Cloud downloaded from 7thHeaven with the subscription link you mentionned on the first post, version 1.66 released on 04/03/2015 ?
Edit: seems obsolete and replaced by ChaOS 1.702

- What's ChaOS Animation, downloaded from 7thHeaven with the subscription link you mentionned on the first post, version 1.66 released on 04/03/2015 ?
Edit: seems included in ChaOS version 1.702 but still needed if you want better animation like breathing character. However could causes script hang on for short duration.

- Dynamic Cloud Weapons downloaded from 7thHeaven with the subscription link you mentionned on the first post, version 2.33 released on 08/01/2017 ?
Edit: seems obsolete, new version Dynamic Cloud 1.702 released on Nexus as an IRO file

- Does the files in ChaOS lgp-installer from Nexus are the same (same update level ?) that in ChaOS IRO from Nexus ?

- Does the last version of ChaOS (lgp-installer or IRO) includes all fields and battle models or do we have to combine them with another character pack or mod to have all models replaced ?

- Can I just use the LGP file from ChaOS LGP-installer to replace my models with yours without using 7thHeaven or any mod launcher ? If yes, how do I choose between options ?

- If I want Dynamic Weapons and without 7thHeaven, I'll have to unpack IROs files and replace files of my game if I understand correctly, given that I didn't saw any LGP files for these two, only IRO. If it's correct, which files do I have to replace ?

Thank you in advance and apologies if you already answered these questions.

Edit: I answered myself to a few questions, but don't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-18 09:38:19 by Xanarkan »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2019-04-21 13:34:23 »
The lgp installer is a bit older (though there were mostly fixes for 7H which are not included into the lgp). The installer allows a basic way to choose the models of your liking but not as smart as you can do with 7H. The Dynamic Weapons works only with 7H (currently) by using the realtime memory editing ability of 7H. ChaOS replaces all important models. It's meant to be a basic mod which other people can built on. Though most animals have not a new model, but I want to change the direction of the mod to use full textured models like the models by Ninostyle.

tracido

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 2019-04-22 00:04:13 »
Though most animals have not a new model, but I want to change the direction of the mod to use full textured models like the models by Ninostyle.

:O best news I could hear. While I even love the PNP version which clearly seems to just be a shaded version of yours, the details aren't up to say, Tsunamods either when the contrast of the characters against each other plays out..

However, your size fixer in beta is a godsend. It makes them all work together pretty dang good.  Also, I cannot imagine trying to remodel every NPC at all, I'd possibly lose patience quick, amazing work overall, seriously (I say this from the insane level of compatibility your mods have alone).
« Last Edit: 2019-04-22 06:06:38 by tracido »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #682 on: 2019-04-22 06:05:36 »
Hello.
Is where any way to patch flevel.lgp to correct model size or is it 7th heaven only ?
Thanks

tracido

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 2019-04-22 09:43:52 »
Hello.
Is where any way to patch flevel.lgp to correct model size or is it 7th heaven only ?
Thanks

I think the issue is, Kal hasn't updated the lgp installer, I can do something for you though, if it might help. I can take the .iro apart and that might help figure out what needs to be done..

EDIT: Alright, I ripped apart the .iro, and it's a separate folder called ResizedProject with folders inside called char.lgp & flevel.lgp. Most likely you just need to replace them.

I'll host them for you.  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G59Q8i1TUxaEA2IL6EYKp3XFkggqlea-

Good luck Satsuki.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-22 09:59:40 by tracido »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #684 on: 2019-04-22 10:09:11 »
Thanks but i already done that, but don't kbow how to use the chunck file ( some sort of patch maybe) and need to use it with custom french flevels ^^

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2019-04-22 10:27:16 »
Chunks can't be inject to lgp files. I need a bit time to explain how to manually editing the files.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #686 on: 2019-04-22 10:51:23 »
Thanks.
I hope it can be automated in some way, because do a manual edit of flevel with makou can be long ^^'

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 2019-04-22 11:05:46 »
Which will be the case. But it works pretty fast with some key combos.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #688 on: 2019-04-22 11:14:33 »
Ok, waiting for your howto ^^

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #689 on: 2019-04-24 13:23:00 »
any new of the how to ?  ;D
or if you can send me 2 flevel, one with base chaos and another with base chaos + corrected size so i could extract some global patch by auto comparing both.

thanks again

tracido

• View Profile
« Reply #690 on: 2019-04-24 21:07:29 »
any new of the how to ?  ;D
or if you can send me 2 flevel, one with base chaos and another with base chaos + corrected size so i could extract some global patch by auto comparing both.

thanks again

Not even going to lie, I too am curious, because it doesn't conflict with anything much at all I've experienced, it's very well scripted..

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 2019-04-25 06:59:59 »
Sadly it seems not so easy anymore to patch the files with the new MR version, because it has set the PSX dat files as default for the import.
Here is a patched flevel.lgp:
https://mega.nz/#F!mVMxDKYa!1bj-mE2CsBT1uxGL4ePIXA

If I remember it right, I did a full mass export, then I opened the flevel.lgp I desired to patch, used the key combo strg+i to open the import window, select the field (which was usually set so you could hit enter) and then I deselect everything except the model loader. Once the correct folder with the exported files is set, MR will use this as default folder, so you can move on with only using the keyboard.
MR 1.5 was probably the version I used.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #692 on: 2019-04-25 08:06:33 »
perfect, i just need to import 3d model's part in each fields.
if not as easy as that i may code a small auto script or something witch take carre of it for me ^^

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 2019-04-25 12:10:24 »
BTW. is there any real reason why you avoid 7H for your SYW mod? 7H has an also launch option which can run necessary  executables like DLPB's launcher.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #694 on: 2019-04-25 12:44:03 »
BTW. is there any real reason why you avoid 7H for your SYW mod? 7H has an also launch option which can run necessary  executables like DLPB's launcher.
Because i've made my own system dedicated to the french version.
I don't like 7th heaven witch bugs a lot to my tests.
I also have included some real time memory edition of the game to add special mods and feature:
-save anywhere (with shortcut to enable/disable it)
-disable random battle (with shortcut to enable/disable it)
-hard reset (with shortcut to use it)
-speed hak 4x or 8x (with shortcut to enable/disable it)
-A gil mod where you only have 6310 gil from the game start and can't gain money in any way (and easiyer gil mod)
-A XpAp mod witch limits or totaly disable xp and ap you can win
-A poison mod (you regulary loose hp in combat and can't prevent it and/or have a random bad status in combat start)
-A progressive difficulty mod, where the level of the opponant depends on the level of your team (or more powerfull as you can set your own formula ^^)
-A french parody mod

long story short, my pack is an easy way to play ff7 in french and in a lots of way without bugs or complex installations.
the one own know own to use 7H can use my works to, at lest my graphics mods as other need real time memory editing

by the way i used you lgp to generate mine, only have to use makou 1.51 as > don't import 3d models i don't know why...
i used a small tool called tinytask (https://www.tinytask.net/) witch can replicate in a speeded way the actions you recorded ^^ , so took me about 5 minutes to record the action of importing 3d from pc field and then let tinytask do the works (about 15 minutes to do all the fields)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 2019-04-25 14:29:37 »
7H is opened sourced so actually could make in theory a version specific for your mod without the mod loader stuff. Just an idea.
While I looked a the flevel.lgp I have seen that my Young Cloud mod is also in there and this one is mainly enabled through the model loader. You should check if there are problems with Clouds flashback scenes.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #696 on: 2019-04-25 15:29:03 »
Thanks for young cloud info.

As for modifing 7TH i'm not good enought to do this, i only prog in vb, some php and python.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #697 on: 2019-04-25 15:38:41 »
By the way, could you tell me that's the "animation" folder from your iro file is doing ?
I can't tell.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 2019-04-25 17:28:23 »
The animation folder contains the new animations. I outsourced it just for maintenance reasons. I actually have a few more but they are hight corrected, which means that the models don't go through the walkmesh. Though, this doesn't fully work in game because the models can be bigger or smaller depending on the scales they have for a field, but it looks much better this way.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #699 on: 2019-04-25 17:32:58 »
So it's some animation duplicated from the char.lgp folder ? or do i need to overwrite the existing one ?