Author Topic: "Please insert disc 1" FF7 crash  (Read 5700 times)

danknugga

• View Profile
"Please insert disc 1" FF7 crash
« on: 2005-10-23 16:26:45 »
ok so here's the problem:  when i am playing the game will randomly come up with a "please insert disc 1" notification and i can't play anymore, even after re-inserting the disc and waiting.  so i have to alt+ctrl+del out.  and once it crashed at an fmv sequence but it hasn't happened since, im running it in software rendering mode i believe.

i have the "real" version of the game from my friend and the disc is a little scratched, maybe that's the problem.  i just cleaned it so hopefully that can help, i was just wondering if anyone else has experience a similar problem?

i have the 1.02 patch, and my system specs are:
windows xp
pentium 4
1 gb ram
ati radeon 9600
i also have divx codecs if that matters

i don't know a whole lot about computers so any help would be fully appreciated  :D

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2005-10-23 18:18:46 »
dont you have to press the OK button (default: numpad 0) once you have inserted the CD.
If it keeps showing randomly then FF7 is not seeing your CD drive properly, which could be the cause, have done a full install or a standard one?

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-10-23 20:15:56 »
You must've done minimal/standard. Try full instal, it's only 200megs more ;]
Ok button is default numpad enter ;].

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #3 on: 2005-10-23 20:26:17 »
The "real" version, eh? Try it with your friends' original version (as in the real, not "real", version), and see if it still happens.

danknugga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-10-24 01:56:19 »
actually i did do the full install and have the original version of the game.  however im not sure if i pressed the ok button after re-inserting...don't know how my logic failed me on that one.  ill let you know how it turns out

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #5 on: 2005-10-24 16:51:39 »
...and don't forget. The platinum version of FF7, are mislabled. Disk 1 = 2 and so on.

danknugga

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-10-27 05:14:40 »
pressing the confirm button after re-inserting worked every time for me.  thanks to you i got up to the shinra building too bad the game crashed at that really short security gurad/elevator fmv :-?